Perhaps the Best Evidence of Trump's Stupidity Yet.

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Gunnar
God

Perhaps the Best Evidence of Trump's Stupidity Yet.

Post by Gunnar »

Trump risks another defamation lawsuit with renewed attack on E. Jean Carroll
Despite recently posting a $91.6 million bond to appeal the case where he was found liable for sexual abuse and defamation, former president Donald Trump continues to defame writer E Jean Carroll.

During a rally in Georgia on Saturday, Mr Trump attacked Ms Carroll, her lawyers and the judge who oversaw the case – claiming the lawsuit was politically motivated and funded by “Democratic operatives”.

“I just posted a $91 million bond on a fake story. Totally made up story,” Mr Trump said. “Based on false accusations made about me by a woman that I knew nothing about, didn’t know, never heard of it. I know nothing about her.”

“Her lawyers are big Democratic operatives. The judge was a disaster. But Democratic operatives funded and directed her, they gave her the money to pursue the case,” Mr Trump told supporters.

The assertions are familiar ones that the former president has made countless times before. They’re the same ones that landed Mr Trump with a $83m bill which he was ordered to pay Ms Carroll after defaming her when she came forward with accusations that the former president sexually assaulted her in the 1990s.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Some Schmo
God

Re: Perhaps the Best Evidence of Trump's Stupidity Yet.

Post by Some Schmo »

I'd just like to point out that the best evidence Trump is stupid is Trump's whole life.

But this here is a dead giveaway:
“I just posted a $91 million bond on a fake story. Totally made up story,” Mr Trump said. “Based on false accusations made about me by a woman that I knew nothing about, didn’t know, never heard of it. I know nothing about her.”

“Her lawyers are big Democratic operatives..."
He says he knows nothing about her but he's an expert on her lawyers?

I honestly think he's slightly retarded.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Some Schmo wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:56 pm
I'd just like to point out that the best evidence Trump is stupid is Trump's whole life.

But this here is a dead giveaway:

“Her lawyers are big Democratic operatives..."
He says he knows nothing about her but he's an expert on her lawyers?

I honestly think he's slightly retarded.
Retarded or not, he is obviously hoping and counting on enough of the American electorate being retarded enough to vote him back into the Presidency. At least Biden's approval polls are beginning to rise again. At least 2 new polls https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-BB1jXjXO show that he now has a higher approval rating than Trump. I hope this trend continues to rise and accelerate. As one recently quoted swing state voter said: "Rather have Biden with 81 years than Trump with 91 counts."
Last edited by Gunnar on Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Since he's probably still relying on his limbic cultists for paying his bills, and betting on being able to make all of this go away as President -- railing against his rape victim is probably calculated as a net positive to him.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:33 pm
Since he's probably still relying on his limbic cultists for paying his bills, and betting on being able to make all of this go away as President -- railing against his rape victim is probably calculated as a net positive to him.
Of course! That much is almost certainly true! I still think he's stupid, though!
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Will any of Trump's bad behavior affect his Mormon supporters?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

aw come on,he can claim to not know the women whether or not he remembers. He can claim to know about the lawyers without meaning he knows their employer. He can claim stuff about the lawyers without knowing much of anything about them. Any of these or variations fit his usual dodge and sow confusion strategy, not exceptionally dumb and seems to work better than it should.
Last edited by huckelberry on Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Some people seem beyond help.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

huckelberry wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:06 pm
aw come on,he can claim to not know the women whether or not he remembers. He can claim to know about the lawyers without meaning he knows their employer. He can claim stuff about the lawyers without knowing much of anything about them. Any of these or variations fit his usual dodge and sew confusion strategy, not exceptionally dumb and seems to work better than it should.
Couple things:

- What difference to the matter of whether or not he raped or defamed her does it make whether or not he knows her? And if he doesn't know her, why the hell does he keep defaming her? Why doesn't he just think, that lady's crazy, and let it go? Maybe it's because he's mad he didn't get away with raping her like all he did for the other women he assaulted.

- What's dumb is his transparent inconsistency when he's making his case. And it's only effective with his base who swallow anything he shoots into their mouths. It's not effective for persuading non-idiots.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Some Schmo wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:20 pm
huckelberry wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:06 pm
aw come on,he can claim to not know the women whether or not he remembers. He can claim to know about the lawyers without meaning he knows their employer. He can claim stuff about the lawyers without knowing much of anything about them. Any of these or variations fit his usual dodge and sew confusion strategy, not exceptionally dumb and seems to work better than it should.
Couple things:

- What difference to the matter of whether or not he raped or defamed her does it make whether or not he knows her? And if he doesn't know her, why the hell does he keep defaming her? Why doesn't he just think, that lady's crazy, and let it go? Maybe it's because he's mad he didn't get away with raping her like all he did for the other women he assaulted.

- What's dumb is his transparent inconsistency when he's making his case. And it's only effective with his base who swallow anything he shoots into their mouths. It's not effective for persuading non-idiots.
Someschmo, I was not proposing to believe Trump just thinking about how he works. His claim not to know the woman sounds like a denial of her claim.The same about the attorney comment. You are right of course it is better not to accept what Trump is spreading. I noticed I used the word sew for his spreading and then later thought ,odd careless misspelling so changed it to sow, as in spreading seeds. This morning I though stitching confusion into the fabric of peoples understanding would be more accurate than spreading.Perhaps I should have left "sew" instead of sow.