Your Ego May Be F****** up your Perception

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Nomomo
Priest

Your Ego May Be F****** up your Perception

Post by Nomomo »

Oftentimes it is necessary to pull over to the side of the road of life and tell your ego to get the “F” outta here! Get your damned ass in the back seat and shut the “F” up. I am doing the driving now!
Dr. Sunstoned
Valiant A

Re: Your Ego May Be F****** up your Perception

Post by Dr. Sunstoned »

I'm guessing you didn't have a good day. I always lay low on ides of march. It's nothing but trouble.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Dr. Sunstoned wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:34 am
I'm guessing you didn't have a good day. I always lay low on ides of march. It's nothing but trouble.
On the other hand, venturing out with a truly, exceptionally, unequivocally happy 100% irish guy on at patrick's day Eve is nothing but fun, fun, fun. I recommend it.
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

Lol, at least you are wise enough to check yourself nomomo.

Asked Alexa what ides of march is? She said march 8th 2024 is on a Friday.

Happy saint Patrick's day tomorrow. We don't celebrate this holiday.

Got the meeting minutes from the meeting school does where parents ask questions (or moan). I don't go. It sounds horrendous to me. But I was slightly horrified. The parents were complaining about everything and anything. I'm sure they just thought stuff up just to have something to say. Like they wanted to take away non uniform Friday for classes with high attendance for the week. Complaining about all the non uniform days. My kids love non uniform day. It's a chance for them to express themselves and to wear normal clothes. Thankfully the school said they weren't taking that away because it's the biggest incentive they have. Parents also complained about having to give their kids money for tuck shop. Like, don't give them money if you don't want to give them money but don't ruin it for everyone else. My kids don't always take money because I forget sometimes but they don't complain. Just miserable gits. Also moaning about not being given information about events... They literally give us a calendar with a list of dates at the start of each half term. It's more than my kids last school did. They sent an email the day before.

Oh goodness... Jamie's ruining my system. I have a system with the toys and I've just heard him talking about putting some toys in a different category. Oh no he's starting a bath toy box :O bath toys need to be limited because they go mouldy. And Phoebe dumps all bath toys in at once. I'm leaving them to it. Not going to go undermine but Ill have to encourage her to not dump everything in.

Edit: it seems people do celebrate st Patrick's day here. I've never done it.
High Spy
1st Quorum of 70

Post by High Spy »

Nomomo wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:01 am
Oftentimes it is necessary to pull over to the side of the road of life and tell your ego to get the “F” outta here! Get your damned ass in the back seat and shut the “F” up. I am doing the driving now!
Fahrvergnugen was my work buddies Favorite word, back in the day of testing boob tubes at Varian on Pioneer road. His name was Sigmund which reminds me of Freud who invented said Ego type word. Anyway I told brother Sig about how 3490 made me think the 49ers would reign for three years and that their reign would end in 1990. Most F’d up thing ever, but it came true and an earthquake struck San Francisco during the World Series too. Now that’s a weird deal. :lol:
Last edited by High Spy on Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
. . . * . . . . . . . . **

3*8** Knight Lion, but not Nite Lion. 🐳 gbng

Everybody's heard the whale and 8 are linked. :lol:

Choose the 🥩
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

Oh dear.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Nomomo wrote:
Agreed. I have to tell myself to chill out all the time.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Nomomo
Priest

Post by Nomomo »

Dr. Sunstoned wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:34 am
Actually I had a good day due to my telling my ego to get in the back seat and shut up. ides of March has nothing to do with it. It's all about not letting your ego doing the driving.
Nomomo
Priest

Post by Nomomo »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:19 am
Lol, at least you are wise enough to check yourself nomomo.

Asked Alexa what ides of march is? She said march 8th 2024 is on a Friday.

Happy saint Patrick's day tomorrow. We don't celebrate this holiday.

Got the meeting minutes from the meeting school does where parents ask questions (or moan). I don't go. It sounds horrendous to me. But I was slightly horrified. The parents were complaining about everything and anything. I'm sure they just thought stuff up just to have something to say. Like they wanted to take away non uniform Friday for classes with high attendance for the week. Complaining about all the non uniform days. My kids love non uniform day. It's a chance for them to express themselves and to wear normal clothes. Thankfully the school said they weren't taking that away because it's the biggest incentive they have. Parents also complained about having to give their kids money for tuck shop. Like, don't give them money if you don't want to give them money but don't ruin it for everyone else. My kids don't always take money because I forget sometimes but they don't complain. Just miserable gits. Also moaning about not being given information about events... They literally give us a calendar with a list of dates at the start of each half term. It's more than my kids last school did. They sent an email the day before.

Oh goodness... Jamie's ruining my system. I have a system with the toys and I've just heard him talking about putting some toys in a different category. Oh no he's starting a bath toy box :O bath toys need to be limited because they go mouldy. And Phoebe dumps all bath toys in at once. I'm leaving them to it. Not going to go undermine but Ill have to encourage her to not dump everything in.

Edit: it seems people do celebrate st Patrick's day here. I've never done it.
Interesting reply, but it is unrelated the subject/concept of the OP.
Last edited by Nomomo on Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nomomo
Priest

Post by Nomomo »

High Spy wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:08 am
Nomomo wrote:
Fahrvergnugen was my work buddies Favorite word, back in the day of testing boob tubes at Varian on Pioneer road. His name was Sigmund which reminds me of Freud who invented said Ego type word. Anyway I told brother Sig about how 3490 made me think the 49ers would reign for three years and that their reign would end in 1990. Most F’d up thing ever, but it came true and an earthquake struck San Francisco during the World Series too. Now that’s a weird deal. :lol:
An interesting reply, yet totally unrelated to the concept of the OP.