Crime

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

Crime

Post by Res Ipsa »

Despite the Trump cult's attempt to portray the US as being at the mercy of violent criminals, the most recent crime figures show that the rate of violent crime hasn't been as low as it is today since the mid-1960s. https://jasher.substack.com/p/fbi-quart ... -declining

In fact, the only category of crime with an increase since last year is car theft. Other property crimes are down. Thanks Tik Tok!
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Re: Crime

Post by Dr. Shades »

TikTok reduces crime??
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:55 pm
TikTok reduces crime??
No, Tik Tok users made videos about certain makes and models of cars that were vulnerable to theft. That led to a huge spike in car theft of those makes and models. It appears from preliminary figures that the peak was last year and the rate of car thefts is falling.
he/him

Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:14 pm
Dr. Shades wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:55 pm
TikTok reduces crime??
No, Tik Tok users made videos about certain makes and models of cars that were vulnerable to theft. That led to a huge spike in car theft of those makes and models. It appears from preliminary figures that the peak was last year and the rate of car thefts is falling.
I didn't know that's how the knowledge of their vulnerability spread. I just got a notification from our local PD that they are holding an event this weekend, giving out free steering wheel locks (at the expense of the automaker) to owners of those specific makes/models.

I drive one of the easily stolen models, and had mine stolen New Years Even from the gym parking lot. :|
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:33 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:14 pm

I didn't know that's how the knowledge of their vulnerability spread. I just got a notification from our local PD that they are holding an event this weekend, giving out free steering wheel locks (at the expense of the automaker) to owners of those specific makes/models.

I drive one of the easily stolen models, and had mine stolen New Years Even from the gym parking lot. :|
Yeah, it's crazy. The wave of thefts has hit Toronto recently.
he/him