Cannon Fodder: Law Clerks Quit On Judge Aileen Cannon

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
rspetersen
Nursery

Cannon Fodder: Law Clerks Quit On Judge Aileen Cannon

Post by rspetersen »

Hello. I am one of those who peruse the board daily but hardly ever participate. I'm shy.

However, I decided to post Cannon Fodder: Law Clerks Quit On Judge Aileen Cannon, hoping you'd find exploring the reasons Judge Cannon has made a number of questionable rulings as intriguing as I did.

For example, apparently having Trump as the defendant in this high-profile case has exacerbated her anxiety. I can't imagine anyone who would not experience the same. And whereas she used to get along well with the clerks in her staff, many have since quit because she's become a stressed-out micromanager. They also believe any future references to a Trump case will not look good on future CVCs. And so on.

Enjoy!

https://davidlat.substack.com/p/judge-a ... uit-on-her
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Cannon Fodder: Law Clerks Quit On Judge Aileen Cannon

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Tl;dr - OP doesn’t know why the two law clerks quit.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
rspetersen
Nursery

Post by rspetersen »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:54 am
I don't understand. Did I commit a faux pas or something?
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

I think Cam is saying the article is a case of printing the legend, so to speak:

What does Judge Cannon have to say about clerks quitting on her? Over the past few days, I have sent multiple emails to the Public Information Office for the Southern District of Florida and to Judge Cannon’s chambers, requesting comment on reports that at least two of her clerks have departed before the scheduled end of their clerkships. I have received read receipts, but no responses (even though, in my experience, subjects are eager to warn me off bad information—for which I’m always grateful). If I do hear back, I will immediately update this post, of course.

I should be clear about what I don’t know. My sources have been circumspect so far, and despite my best efforts, I have been unable to determine precisely why these clerks quit, when they departed, and if they have already been replaced or the Cannon chambers is operating short-staffed.

It's an interesting piece, to be sure. It just sounds like it's conjecture and rumor at this point until evidence comes out. If you read it critically you see the article is basically repeating unverified claims made by unnamed sources built on anecdotes of how clerking for a federal judge works.
High Spy
1st Quorum of 70

Post by High Spy »

rspetersen wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:40 am
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:54 am
I don't understand. Did I commit a faux pas or something?
The commenters at the end of the article also emphasize how rare it is for law clerks to quit.
Footnote 14 wrote:
At this point, I’m planning to write an epic post for tomorrow about goings-on in the Cannon chambers
Said forthcoming epic post may supply more helpful information. Please supply a link as it becomes available.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.