An odd case of liberal intellectual honesty on COVID

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: An odd case of liberal intellectual honesty on COVID

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

I just perused this report:

https://majorcitieschiefs.com/wp-conten ... Unrest.pdf

that breaks down the data with regard to the BLM protests. I recommend taking a look.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

I think Ajax's point was that whether it was a riot or a peaceful protest, it was a lot of people congregating together spreading Covid.

I wouldn't have been anywhere near those protests for a hundred other reasons including that one, even though being outside spreading Covid doesn't compare to a cramped classroom or office spreading it.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Oh, noes!

Now what, ajax?
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Who do I lobby? I could have gotten in my car gone to a riot and yelled, hey folks stop this? I think authorities were working on that.
Just have the police shoot the protesters or trespassers the way Officer Michael Byrd shot Asley Babbit for trespassing. Then instead of accusing President Trump of sending Storm Troopers to stop the riots. You support and protect the officers who carried out the order in the same way you supported and protected Lieutenant Michael Byrd for killing a 5'2" female for trespassing. After all, one sneeze can kill when it comes to COVID right?

Look at how they put down the people in Michigan who protested against the lockdown once we knew COVID was not what the left claimed it to be. How did Arnold say it? Screw your rights. Civil rights to protest were suspended for people who protested the lockdown but not the death of career criminal, fentanyl addict George Floyd who died while resisting arrest.
Last edited by ajax18 on Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

I wouldn't have been anywhere near those protests for a hundred other reasons including that one, even though being outside spreading Covid doesn't compare to a cramped classroom or office spreading it.
It was still bad enough that leftwing media shouted that DeSantis had blood on his hands for opening Florida beaches.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

ajax18 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:05 pm
Who do I lobby? I could have gotten in my car gone to a riot and yelled, hey folks stop this? I think authorities were working on that.
Just have the police shoot the protesters or trespassers the way Officer Michael Byrd shot Asley Babbit for trespassing. Then instead of accusing President Trump of sending Storm Troopers to stop the riots. You support and protect the officers who carried out the order in the same way you supported and protected Lieutenant Michael Byrd for killing a 5'2" female for trespassing. After all, one sneeze can kill when it comes to COVID right?

Look at how they put down the people in Michigan who protested against the lockdown once we knew COVID was not what the left claimed it to be. How did Arnold say it? Screw your rights. Civil rights to protest were suspended for people who protested the lockdown but not the death of career criminal, fentanyl addict George Floyd who died while resisting arrest.
Hmmm. Hundreds of protesters "trespassed" at the Capitol without being shot. I wonder what was different about Ms. Babbit?

Black person peacefully standing in wrong place -- shoot on sight. White person at the head of an angry mob forcing its way through a locked door to threaten or assault congresspersons -- don't shoot.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

ajax18 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:05 pm
Just have the police shoot the protesters or trespassers the way Officer Michael Byrd shot Asley Babbit for trespassing. Then instead of accusing President Trump of sending Storm Troopers to stop the riots. You support and protect the officers who carried out the order in the same way you supported and protected Lieutenant Michael Byrd for killing a 5'2" female for trespassing.
Ajax, your argument is that the police should have shot hundreds of people attacking the capitol. I was horrified by what the attackers were doing but am glad restraint was used in the response and defense of our country.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

We’ve posted over a dozen times now how many protesters were killed by police, how many were shot or otherwise had some form of violence levied on them, how many were detained, arrested, charged, or convicted for Ajax’s benefit.

He hasn’t read the posts (often with large pictures attached!) or has ignored reality every_single_time.

He is just a god-tier Boomer shaking his fist at the world with no intention of minding reality.

Here’s a picture of a cat so he can feel better:

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

This editorial from the John Snow society nicely summarizes the effects of the anti-science approach to COVID that was adopted in the U.S. and ultimately prevailed. https://johnsnowproject.org/insights/en ... ic-health/

John Snow was the British Doctor whose groundbreaking research on cholera laid the foundation for disease eradication.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

It was still bad enough that leftwing media shouted that DeSantis had blood on his hands for opening Florida beaches.
if the same leftists who shouted that DeSantis had blood on his hands (assuming they did, I haven't looked it up yet) for beach openings gave a free pass to BLM gatherings then clearly they were inconsistent. Although -- ???

People should be careful when waving their banners and shouting that they are doing so consistently.