Eclipse

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Eclipse

Post by Jersey Girl »

Marcus wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:03 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:41 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Sorry, Marcus. I felt compelled to represent the introvert community. ;)
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:50 pm
Marcus wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:03 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Sorry, Marcus. I felt compelled to represent the introvert community. ;)
No problem. An eclipse unviewed is still as amazing and miraculous.

(by the way, if it's just that looking upon your beautiful self will turn viewers into frogs, you don't get a pass. We'll take the risk. 8-) )
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

I was a little disappointed at what I saw today.

"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:02 am
I was a little disappointed at what I saw today.

Aww!! Were you out of the path? We had an expected 92% coverage so it didn't get very dark but with the glasses, over about 90 min I could clearly see the shapes overlap, down to a one-sided sliver of sun, then back. It was amazing. Only cloudy for the final 20 min or so.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

The Totality Eclipse not hitting Salt Lake or Arrakis proves that both the Book of Mormon and the Dune series are true!
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

Kishkumen wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:51 pm
We went out to the backyard, set out our event chairs, and put on our eclipse glasses. We watched it at various points, including its peak of coverage in our area, which reached 65%. As always it was magnificent. Originally we had planned to travel to a location where we could see the totality, but professional obligations got in the way. Sigh. We were sad to miss the totality. We saw it two eclipses ago, and it was an unforgettable experience.
Sounds nice. I remember when there was one when I was a kid. But I still didn't see it. People said they did. I didn't have special glasses. I don't understand why we can look at the sun when there isn't an eclipse but can't when less sun is on show. I used to stare at the sun as a kid.
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:41 pm
Lol

Thought you were mooning us at first. :lol:
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:02 am
Sounds nice. I remember when there was one when I was a kid. But I still didn't see it. People said they did. I didn't have special glasses. I don't understand why we can look at the sun when there isn't an eclipse but can't when less sun is on show. I used to stare at the sun as a kid.
um....I hope you are kidding, but I don't know you that well, so, just in case... NO, we don't stare directly at the sun when there is not an eclipse. :shock:

And yes, you need the glasses to see an eclipse, except very briefly at its peak if your location is in the path of the totality.
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Marcus wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:57 am
Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:02 am
um....I hope you are kidding, but I don't know you that well, so, just in case... NO, we don't stare directly at the sun when there is not an eclipse. :shock:

And yes, you need the glasses to see an eclipse, except very briefly at its peak if your location is in the path of the totality.
Oops lol. I literally would stare at it for ages. It would turn into like a grey disk. I used to stare at things in general.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

High Spy wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:56 pm
93% wasn’t even noticeable without shades.
Indeed. Which is why you should always invite me to your eclipse viewing parties.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024