Eclipse

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
canpakes
God

Re: Eclipse

Post by canpakes »

Some Schmo wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:10 pm
rspetersen wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:50 pm
It's wondrous experiences like this eclipse that make me sad I'm eventually going to die.
I feel this way about potentially missing a 49er Super Bowl Championship, should one happen after I'm gone.
Silly Dan. He’ll be able to make his own world, and outfit it with as many precisely-sized moons as he desires to ensure as many eclipse-viewing opportunities as he’d like.

(for extra fun, place an eternal Bill O’Reilly in an oceanfront condo to watch him be forever amazed and confused by the tides)
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

canpakes wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:57 pm
Some Schmo wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:10 pm

I feel this way about potentially missing a 49er Super Bowl Championship, should one happen after I'm gone.
Silly Dan. He’ll be able to make his own world, and outfit it with as many precisely-sized moons as he desires to ensure as many eclipse-viewing opportunities as he’d like.

(for extra fun, place an eternal Bill O’Reilly in an oceanfront condo to watch him be forever amazed and confused by the tides)
canpakes, I am uncertain, who is this Dan? the Daniel Peterson we know is spelled on not en. As I have Peterson's in my family I notice that little detail.

I am puzzled even more by the O'Reilly reference. I suppose you mean the fellow who used to be on fox. I have not fallowed fox or him in the years since the two seperated. I did not like O'Reilly very much but he was better than what followed.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

huckelberry wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:45 pm
canpakes wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:57 pm

canpakes, I am uncertain, who is this Dan? the Daniel Peterson we know is spelled on not en. As I have Peterson's in my family I notice that little detail.

I am puzzled even more by the O'Reilly reference. I suppose you mean the fellow who used to be on fox. I have not fallowed fox or him in the years since the two seperated. I did not like O'Reilly very much but he was better than what followed.
Hi, Huck!

You’re right; I misread upstream to think that rspetersen’s comment was taken from Dan Peterson’s blog. I have given myself 50 lashes with a set of cheap cardboard eclipse glasses and I promise to be more careful with my reading next time. : D

About O’Reilly - you’re correct; the comment is about that one Bill from Fox, and refers to this exchange with David Silverman from just over a decade ago, around the 1:50 mark:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wb3AFMe2OQY
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

canpakes wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:34 pm
huckelberry wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:45 pm

Hi, Huck!

You’re right; I misread upstream to think that rspetersen’s comment was taken from Dan Peterson’s blog. I have given myself 50 lashes with a set of cheap cardboard eclipse glasses and I promise to be more careful with my reading next time. : D

About O’Reilly - you’re correct; the comment is about that one Bill from Fox, and refers to this exchange with David Silverman from just over a decade ago, around the 1:50 mark:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wb3AFMe2OQY
campakes, don't trouble yourself very much over the little Petersen ops. though we should perhaps welcome this new poster.

I do appreciate your filling me in on the tide discussion. Not the crest but close to high tide of Fox thoughtful discussion.