doubtingthomas’s topics MEGATHREAD

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Dr Exiled
God

Re: Ohio man, 81, fatally shoots Uber driver, 61, after scammers target both of them

Post by Dr Exiled »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:52 am
Dr Exiled wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:35 am

What State?
Why are you so ignorant? Idiot. It's legal in most US states, and it's legal in most countries.

If it was really a bad thing, it would've been illegal everywhere. Dumbass!
So, it shouldn't be a big deal to tell us in what State the amazing experience occurred. You were best friends, right?
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
doubtingthomas
God

Re: Ohio man, 81, fatally shoots Uber driver, 61, after scammers target both of them

Post by doubtingthomas »

honorentheos wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:31 am
Does he have a history longer than his dick of being a creeper
Normal young men talk. I am guilty of defending those female teachers several years ago on this board. Doc, on the other hand, is a defender of Harvey Weinstein.
honorentheos wrote:
He claimed they had connections to the Zetas.
That was her father when he was alive, and possibly her family in Mexico—not her. Anyway, this is none of your business, and I don't see how her age is relevant to this. The facts wouldn't change even if she were older than me.
honorentheos wrote:
He talked about spying on her and discovering she was on social media with other guys in ways that didn't line up with her and DT being in a loving relationship.
Wow, are you trying to psychoanalyze me with some of the cherry-picked things I said on this board? The thing is, our relationship was initially happy and healthy.

I left her when she changed. I used the fact that she started talking to other men as an excuse to leave the relationship. It was not my fault; I initially loved her, but she later on became contaminated by US culture, unfortunately. I saw signs that she was thinking of cheating on me.

Guess where she is right now? She has another kid and is a single mom again.
Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:27 am
My understanding is that the individual was 17 and the couple lived in a state where the age of consent is 17. So, no crime.
It's only a serious crime in Utah, Arizona, Florida, and Idaho, I believe. It's legal in the overwhelming majority of US states, and even in the states where it's not legal, it's only classified as a misdemeanor in some of them like California.

Dr Exiled wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:19 am
So, it shouldn't be a big deal to tell us in what State the amazing experience occurred. You were best friends, right?
Nope, it wouldn't be, but it's none of your business.

If you think I've done something wrong, why not present the evidence? Do you have any evidence suggesting that 17-year-olds are unable to consent? Or that they get traumatized for life for being in a happy relationship with an older man?
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:15 am
Did you take her to Nevada from Utah? Maybe to Wendover? Let us know more about this.
:roll:

Nope. There was no traveling, dumbass.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:00 am
Best let sleeping dogs lie.
Please show me evidence that 17-year-olds are vulnerable children who are unable to consent?

And show us evidence that Harvey Weinstein didn't do anything wrong.
Dr Exiled wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:44 am
Ok, thanks for the information about this guy. I haven't been following his posts for a while. His claims raised my suspicions a bit and I don't want that kind of behavior around me.
So you would rather hang out with the guy who defends Harvey Weinstein? :lol:

You people are crazy.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:09 am
Well, I don't know if I can countenance [accusation of criminal conduct deleted] without doing something about it.
Go ahead and try. A lot of people here on this board have already tried. But if something were to happen because of your false accusations, I assure you that I will sue you.

Crazy old people.
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:29 pm
Dr Exiled wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:09 am
Well, I don't know if I can countenance [accusation of criminal conduct deleted] without doing something about it.
Go ahead and try. A lot of people here on this board have already tried. But if something were to happen because of your false accusations, I assure you that I will sue you.

Crazy old people.
You still haven't said where this occurred. Why is that? In what State were you located when you were having relations with the 17 year old?
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:18 pm
I left her when she changed. I used the fact that she started talking to other men as an excuse to leave the relationship. It was not my fault; I initially loved her, but she later on became contaminated by US culture, unfortunately. I saw signs that she was thinking of cheating on me.

...... Do you have any evidence suggesting that 17-year-olds are unable to consent? Or that they get traumatized for life for being in a happy relationship with an older man?
A 17 year old may be a bit young to want to settle down and a bit too old to control.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

It's only a serious crime in Utah, Arizona, Florida, and Idaho, I believe. It's legal in the overwhelming majority of US states, and even in the states where it's not legal, it's only classified as a misdemeanor in some of them like California.
A cousin of mine married a girl who was 17 and he was in his late 20s and the wedding took place in a Mormon church in Utah. Wealthy families and lots of people were there. Doesn't seem like there were any legal worries. I recall my mom making a comment about her being "awful young" (that's how I knew her age). It didn't work out in the long run, but my point is that it seemed to have been not only legal, but well accepted and supported by family. I hung out with them a couple times, she was a killer cook I have to say.

I admit that cousin was kind of a stud and had plenty of girlfriends before her. Not every guy in the ~30 range with a Kip Winger complex will have a chance. Most will need to make up a "hurt knee" excuse for fumbling the ball, such as societal pressures blocking success.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Gadianton wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:25 pm
A cousin of mine married a girl who was 17 and he was in his late 20s and the wedding took place in a Mormon church in Utah. Wealthy families and lots of people were there. Doesn't seem like there were any legal worries.
That's only because her parents gave written consent to the marriage. Had they not, she couldn't be married.
Not every guy in the ~30 range with a Kip Winger complex will have a chance.
Boy, talk about a song that didn't age well!
Most will need to make up a "hurt knee" excuse for fumbling the ball, such as societal pressures blocking success.
I see what you did there. :-)
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Dr. Shades wrote:That's only because her parents gave written consent to the marriage. Had they not, she couldn't be married.
I wasn't aware of that, but I think it brings us to an important point about older dude-young girl romance, that to the extent that it "works", it needs some heavy cultural subsidizing. DT would need to start by becoming a religious fundamentalist of some stripe but the competition would be really intense. My relative would be just the kind of guy who would get permission, when I say he was a stud, it wasn't actually in the 80s rock kind of way, he would be just the guy to get permission because he was so well liked by everyone. He's the type who'd give you his last 20 dollars if he thought you needed it more than he did. After that didn't work out after a decade+ I think, his next wife was in a totally different category.

Everyone has their cross to bear and wants what they can't have. While I'm sure the first wife's youthful looks wasn't a negative in his pursuits, it also wasn't the primary objective, I'm pretty sure. His big life hang up was an open secret and not love interest related. He achieved what a guy like DT dreams of with no effort, and it didn't fulfill him because he'd never had a problem with dating. I would bet she approached him at church and not the other way around.

I'm not going to say what it was, but his life hang up was something that would lend to general social sympathy (unlike DT's which obviously lends to hugely negative reactions), but his obsession with it became a huge negative for people around him, and ultimately led to his demise. Most people would say about his cross, "yeah I get it, it's understandable, but so what? Other than that you've got it all, looks, health, personality, money, and so move on!" But he couldn't move on. Since he had personality, looks, and money, it didn't matter to him, he wanted something that he couldn't have, and that was that.

The lesson to DT is to forget about dating and find another reason to live. If my relative could have had what he couldn't, it would have been no big deal to him and so the question is, would he obsess over the next thing on the list?