doubtingthomas’s topics MEGATHREAD

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Ohio man, 81, fatally shoots Uber driver, 61, after scammers target both of them

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

What did that guy want?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Gadianton
God

Re: Ohio man, 81, fatally shoots Uber driver, 61, after scammers target both of them

Post by Gadianton »

I said I wasn't going to say, however, if you PM me, I will tell you so long as you keep it confidential.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Gadianton wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:34 pm
I said I wasn't going to say, however, if you PM me, I will tell you so long as you keep it confidential.
I apologize, you literally said,
I'm not going to say what it was..
- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:54 am
You still haven't said where this occurred. Why is that?
And you are still crazy. It's none of your business, all you need to know is that

1. I was living there at that time
2. She was above the legal age of consent
3. I didn't do anything wrong, stop shaming me and stop trying to take away my freedoms.
Last edited by doubtingthomas on Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

huckelberry wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:51 pm
A 17 year old may be a bit young to want to settle down and a bit too old to control.
Probably, but Doc and Dr Exiled want me to go to prison for 20 years for no reason.

They seem to live in a little bubble.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Gadianton wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:25 pm
A cousin of mine married a girl who was 17 and he was in his late 20s and the wedding took place in a Mormon church in Utah. Wealthy families and lots of people were there. Doesn't seem like there were any legal worries.
Thank you!
Dr. Shades wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:14 am
That's only because her parents gave written consent to the marriage. Had they not, she couldn't be married.
Not a few years ago, I believe.

And of course, a 17 year old is old enough to consent according to the evidence I seen. A lot of people here are simply crazy.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:27 am
My understanding is that the individual was 17 and the couple lived in a state where the age of consent is 17. So, no crime.
Perhaps Dr Exile needs a mental health evaluation. Did you read what Gadianton said?
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Gadianton wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:25 pm
A cousin of mine married a girl who was 17 and he was in his late 20s and the wedding took place in a Mormon church in Utah. Wealthy families and lots of people were there. Doesn't seem like there were any legal worries.
Dr. Shades wrote:
That's only because her parents gave written consent to the marriage. Had they not, she couldn't be married.
You missed the point, Dr. Shades. The point is that a 17 year old is old enough, that's why a lot of people attended the wedding.

Normal people don't see anything wrong with that.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:04 am
And of course, a 17 year old is old enough to consent according to the evidence I seen. A lot of people here are simply crazy.
NO. In Utah, the legal age of consent is 18. Gadianton's cousin was married at age 17 in Utah, so she had to have written consent from her parents in order for the marriage to happen. THE EVIDENCE YOU'VE SEEN MAKES NO DIFFERENCE. THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS IS THE LAW, NOT THE EVIDENCE YOU'VE SEEN.
Dr. Shades wrote:
You missed the point, Dr. Shades. The point is that a 17 year old is old enough, that's why a lot of people attended the wedding.
No, YOU MISSED THE POINT. THE POINT IS NOT WHETHER AGE 17 IS "OLD ENOUGH." THE POINT IS WHETHER A 17 YEAR-OLD CAN BE LEGALLY MARRIED WHEN AGE 17 IS LESS THAN THE AGE OF CONSENT IN UTAH, WHERE SHE WAS MARRIED.
Normal people don't see anything wrong with that.
Normal people see a LOT wrong with 17 year-olds marrying without their parents' consent, when 18 is the age of consent in that jurisdiction. So much so that a legal marriage cannot legally occur (without their parents' consent).
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:43 pm
Dr Exiled wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:54 am
You still haven't said where this occurred. Why is that?
And you are still crazy. It's none of your business, all you need to know is that

1. I was living there at that time
2. She was above the legal age of consent
3. I didn't do anything wrong, stop shaming me and stop trying to take away my freedoms.
Your evasive responses don't help you.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.