doubtingthomas’s topics MEGATHREAD

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Re: I had an abortion and I smoke some cannabis

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Res Ipsa
God

Re: doubtingthomas’s topics MEGATHREAD

Post by Res Ipsa »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:32 pm
Dr Exiled wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:10 am
You are the one who admitted to sleeping with a 17 year old when you were 26.
For the 1000th time, I did not admit to that. Last year, I merely stated that I dated a single mom, and Doc pushed me to reveal how old she was when I was dating her, which I did. When are you going to stop lying about me, and can you get over my dating life from years ago?
DT, it is this kind of game playing that is leading people to distrust you. You had an extremely bizarre reaction to an innocuous comment made by IHAQ, launching into an elaborate justification for your relationship with a 17-year old, including a raft of scientific papers that didn't say what you claimed, the fact that she was Mexican, the unsupported claim that she had a more developed brain because she grew up poor, the fact that it was legal for you to have sex with her, and some kind of crisis about SEX and young men. If you hadn't had sex with her, there would be no reason to talk about the legal age for consenting to SEX and a "crisis" about young men and SEX. I think it is perfectly reasonable to treat your posting in that thread as an admission that you had sex with her. So why don't you just acknowledge what is painfully obvious to anyone who reads the thread?
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

First of all, you never stated how long ago that was.
Irrelevant. What you are missing, DT, is that I am not pointing to a contradiction between the bare facts regarding my relative's marriage and your previous complaints on this forum, but YOUR interpretation of whatever the facts were. Without knowing anything about it other than my brief outline, YOU declared it as a victory for right-thinking people and a reflection of society's acceptance. I'm putting YOUR OWN GENERALIZATIONS about society against each other.
Lastly, by society, I don't mean everyone, I mean a significant number of people. But of course, we also have to take into account the area and culture at a given time.
Oh really? well gee, DT, this is the first time you've ever suggested the picture isn't starkly black and white.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: I have cancer

Post by Jersey Girl »

This is absolutely disgusting to post such a thing as this! Shame on you, DT!
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

You miss the point again, DT.

Who are your primary adversaries on this forum? Do you remember? Doc Cam and E. According to you, both of them ardently oppose 19-year-old females dating older men as they are not adults who can make sound relationship decisions.

In other words, it's exactly opposite to this OP. It's legal for an older man to date a 19 year old, but (possibly) according to Cam, it isn't moral.

Your examples in this thread are examples of activities that are considered illegal under laws liberals generally see as draconian. In other words, it may be illegal to smoke pot in some places, but very few liberals would see it as immoral.

An apples-to-apples comparison to the case of girls dating men would be an example of an illegal dating relationship that most liberal people would see as still moral. What would that be? I have to say, I think we're getting to your real concern, and not your smokescreen example of 20-year-olds dating 30-year-olds.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

I have been very kind to you over the years that you've been here. I haven't posted even one word to you since you returned. That was until I saw this post of yours:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=158657

And now this one I'm replying to here.

These are the types of posts that moved me to put you on ignore before I said something terrible to you. After reading that one at the above link, I think you deserve the truth blatant or otherwise.

The reason you have no social life and no girlfriends is because you're an anti social helpless wreck of a human being who falls apart when faced with resistance to your broken record "poor me I can't get a girl" "why can't I date a young chick" posts over and over and over again and to the point where you would actually put up a post on this board announcing that you have cancer just for the hell of it.

Unbeknownst to you (because you are the center of your own universe and don't give so much as one possible damn about anyone else but yourself) we actually do have a poster in the community who is battling stage 4 cancer. Your post is despicable, thoughtless, and without simple human conscience.

You don't have a social life. You don't have a girlfriend. You aren't received well on this board because you are dysfunctional. You don't do anything to help yourself.

When it comes to relationships of any kind, you simply can't cut it because you point the finger outward instead of looking inward for the reasons why you can't cut it.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:25 pm
So why don't you just acknowledge what is painfully obvious to anyone who reads the thread?
With all due respect, you always crucify me when I am not precise with my wording. I never admitted to that, so Dr. Exile shouldn't accuse me of admitting things I didn't admit to, even if it's obvious what happened. It's frankly none of his business.
Res Ipsa wrote:
including a raft of scientific papers that didn't say what you claimed, the fact that she was Mexican, the unsupported claim that she had a more developed brain because she grew up poor
But there is correlation between extreme poverty and growing up faster. The reasons are obvious. It's called survival.
Res Ipsa wrote:

DT, it is this kind of game playing that is leading people to distrust you.
But others don't play games with me? Dr. Exile harassed me and speculated that I committed a third degree felony.
Gadianton wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:45 pm
In other words, it's exactly opposite to this OP. It's legal for an older man to date a 19 year old, but (possibly) according to Cam, it isn't moral.

Your examples in this thread are examples of activities that are considered illegal under laws liberals generally see as draconian. In other words, it may be illegal to smoke pot in some places, but very few liberals would see it as immoral.
Well, it's a bunch of hypocrisy, isn't it? They haven't provided a shred of evidence that it's immoral when a 30-year old has a relationship with a 19 year old. It's arguably more immoral to smoke pot, since a lot of it comes from the cartels.
Last edited by doubtingthomas on Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:24 pm
I am curious Mr. attorney, should a 26 year old go to prison for life for having a relationship with a single mom in a state where the age of consent is at least 17, if not lower?
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

If this board existed in the 1940s

Post by doubtingthomas »

Imagine it's the 1940s, and if I were to say things like "I dated another man", I would get a bunch of angry responses.

People would call me an abuser, a creep, a predator, and would say that I am obsessed with other men. I would get accused of breaking the law, and people would claim that he and I are mentally scarred for life.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Well, it's a bunch of hypocrisy, isn't it? They haven't provided a shred of evidence that it's immoral when a 30-year old has a relationship with a 19 year old. It's arguably more immoral to smoke pot, since a lot of it comes from the cartels.
Really, nobody owes you a darn bit of respect if you can't even stay on your own topic. This has nothing to do with your last OP that the mods rightfully merged with this thread. And your second sentence is ridiculous, a desperate way to save your failed OP.

I recommend the mods to consider banning DT permanently if he continues to cause you work by starting new threads on his pet topic rather than continuing with his designated megathread.

Mods, consider banning DT if he continues to post new topics outside of his play pen thread.