Immigrants Make America Great

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Vēritās
God

Re: Immigrants Make America Great

Post by Vēritās »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 6:51 pm
a demonstrable fact that our economy and country as a whole is much better off because of immigration.
When you forbid people to work and print money to pay them, that creates massive inflation.
Nobody was prohibited from working, and nobody was printing money. You don't understand economics. The way you MAGA morons romanticize about the Trump era is hilarious because you literally have to recreate everything that actually happened on his watch.
The only way to run an economy with that kind of inflation is to bring in hordes of unskilled and impoverished immigrants willing to work for less.
Those hordes of immigrants is the reason why the economy is booming, and inflation in the USA is lower than in most developed countries. It is our supply of labor that brings down inflation compared to other countries with much higher inflation. Again, you don't understand economics.
So yeah, Biden has added lower paying jobs to the economy that are filled by immigrants and this does benefit the country as a whole.
Wage growth is at record highs under Biden. Again, you not only don't understand economics, you can't even stick to reality on the basic facts.
But it does nothing to help the legal citizens who either lost the jobs or took a paycut as a result.
I'm a legal citizen, and most of my family and friends are as well. Can't think of a single example of anyone taking a pay cut unless you're talking about during the Trump recession that Biden had to clean up. Face it. You have no economic argument against immigration. It is pure racism.

That's why in spite of the gains by the CEOs and Chamber orf Commerce, Bidenomics claim of economic improvement doesn't add up for 95% of American voters.
Another idiotic claim coupled with a percentage you pulled out of your ass. I know it burns you up that the economy does better under Democrats. Election cycle after election cycle we keep seeing the same thing happen. A Republican administration runs the economy into the ground and a Democrat comes along and shows us an economic boom.

10 of the last 11 recessions all happened under Republican leadership. That's a fact, and it isn't coincidence.

"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 11:44 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 11:37 pm
$7.2T under Snoozin Don and the Senate Republicans.

- Doc
Thanks to your scamdemic of 2020 as a last ditch effort to sabotage the Trump economy.. The debt is increasing $1 trillion every 100 days under Biden.
Nobody with a brain believes this stupid crap. But if what you say is true, then why support Trump at all, since he was so ineffective the first time? If the Democrats in government are really that much more powerful than a President Trump, what does that say about Republican weakness and Democrat strength?
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

ajax18 wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

- Doc
Thanks to your scamdemic of 2020 as a last ditch effort to sabotage the Trump economy.. The debt is increasing $1 trillion every 100 days under Biden.
Trump signed those checks with his fat, dopey, tired signature.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 6:51 pm
This benefits corporate American elites.

the CEOs in the 1%.
I still don’t see this as something that you’re actually concerned about when you keep slavishly promoting a candidate in charge of a multinational corporate conglomerate that depends upon the super-rich worldwide elite - along with a smattering of foreign labor to manufacture some branded bling - to sustain itself.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Ajax wrote:When you forbid people to work and print money to pay them, that creates massive inflation. The only way to run an economy with that kind of inflation is to bring in hordes of unskilled and impoverished immigrants willing to work for less. This benefits corporate American elites. So yeah, Biden has added lower paying jobs to the economy that are filled by immigrants and this does benefit the country as a whole. But it does nothing to help the legal citizens who either lost the jobs or took a paycut as a result.
This part of your post is an unhinged mess of stupidity.
Ajax wrote:That's why in spite of the gains by the CEOs and Chamber orf Commerce, Bidenomics claim of economic improvement doesn't add up for 95% of American voters.
There is some truth to this part of your post. most American's aren't thrilled about barely being able to afford rent. (My right-wing friend who owns several houses doesn't see housing as part of Bidenflation, fyi) However we got here, and I'm not sure I understand it myself, I can assure you that no president is going to fix the problem.
Even skilled immigrants imported from India in the tech sector drives down the wages and standard of living for native born Americans while driving up the profits for the CEOs in the 1%.
True, and as I've said, back in the day, the guys at work who became Trump supporters were fueled by this and it was a big part of their reasoning for voting for Trump. Of course, Trump didn't do anything about it and he could have. (I doubt that you want to pay 4x your Internet bill; most people are okay with outsourcing jobs other than their own, as it makes things cheaper for them.)

Trump will do things that will make you feel better, Ajax, like deport a lot of brown people for show, but he won't fix any of our economic problems. There is absolutely nothing he did in his first term that I can see that directly benefited American workers. His trade war with China, while may have been a decent move geopolitically, likely contributed substantially to our inflation problem. Protectionism isn't a recipe for prosperity.
Imwashingmypirate
God

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

It's all a load of crap. They say whatever but what they actually do is totally different. Like here, the whole point of Brexit was because people were convinced immigrants were the cause of all their problems. And yet here we are out of the EU and immigration is still happening. What has happened though is that British people who had moved to Europe had to come back. We have friends who owned land in the south of France. They had to leave and are back in the UK. Lived totally changed.

There does not appear to be any noticeable positive outcome of leaving Europe for us British born people.

The one thing we do see is that British people don't want to pick fruit. And where they would usually hire Europeans to come pick fruit and then they'd go back home, that doesn't appear to happen and then there's complaints of shortages and not enough workers. British people complain about jobs being taken and yet don't want to do the jobs themselves.

I personally do not think and didn't think at the time that the UK should leave the EU. I think some people thought it would bring down the empire and create reform.

Every politician in this country lies. They inflate numbers. They hide things. They say what they think you want when they want to be elected but when they are elected it's like they discover they can't keep those promises. Oops.

The worst thing is that they all get paid for the rest of their lives. Be PM for a few weeks, they are set for life. More than normal working class people. They literally get an income for life just for being PM for however long. It's disgusting. Don't pay them for life and put that money back to the economy.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Gadianton wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 5:28 pm
There is some truth to this part of your post. most American's aren't thrilled about barely being able to afford rent. (My right-wing friend who owns several houses doesn't see housing as part of Bidenflation, fyi) However we got here, and I'm not sure I understand it myself, I can assure you that no president is going to fix the problem.
Canada passed a law prohibiting corporations and foreign entities from buying up Canadian Real Estate and we need to do the same. It is what's driving the imbalance of supply and demand in recent years. In 2022, 36% of all metro Atlanta properties were sold to corporations from outside the state. That's just damned insane. Not enough housing to begin with, but when Americans can't buy a home because they're being outbid with cash offers and no contingencies by big money investors and corporations, they're hopelessly outmatched. These corporate entities turn around and rent the properties back to them and jack up the prices for rent because they know they can get away with it. It is an organized criminal enterprise, but totally legit in America's free market Capitalist system.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

ajax18 wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

- Doc
Thanks to your scamdemic of 2020 as a last ditch effort to sabotage the Trump economy. The debt is increasing $1 trillion every 100 days under Biden.
It is hard reading comments like this without bursting out with laughter. The Trump economy? What exactly was so glorious about it?

GDP was crap, wage growth was crap, job growth was crap, and the price of gasoline jumped 40% by the end of 2018. Literally each of these categories saw better performance during the final three years of the Obama administration compared to the "Trump Economy" pre-Pandemic.

So what was so awesome? Oh yeah, those tax cuts that benefited the richest 1%, although the same Trump tax bill ended up removing itemized deductions for lower class workers like school teachers. Trump campaigned on the promise that he would remove the "loopholes" for the rich and corporations, but the only loopholes he concerned himself with as President were those that benefited the working class.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

The debt is increasing $1 trillion every 100 days under Biden.
They don't tally the debt every 100 days, you're just extrapolating it from the increase after a big spending bill. But when Trump took office the national debt was $20 trillion and when he left office it was $28.4 TRILLION which means he added $8.4 trillion in just FOUR YEARS, which was 30% of all federal debt. Did you get that? One guy. Trump, responsible for 30% of all the debt our country has accrued over two centuries. This means Trump voters don't get to whine about the debt.