Illegal immigration during Trump

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor Steuss
God

Re: Illegal immigration during Trump

Post by Doctor Steuss »

ajax18 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 8:42 pm
Doctor Steuss wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 8:20 pm

You mean, someone who talks about wanting to enforce the border, more than Trump.

Border enforcement data is publicly available for both administrations.
Democrats want more illegal immigration, not less. They won't even call them illegal immigrants because they don't believe we have the right to even have a border. Borders are immoral and racist. It's not very hard for a Republican candidate to beat such a low bar.
Border enforcement data for the current Democrat administration is publicly available. The lawsuits against the current Democrat administration, to get it to stop using COVID era tools to limit immigration are publicly available. The text of the current Democrat administrations attempted immigration legislation is publicly available.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 8:57 pm
ajax18 wrote:

Democrats want more illegal immigration, not less. They won't even call them illegal immigrants because they don't believe we have the right to even have a border. Borders are immoral and racist. It's not very hard for a Republican candidate to beat such a low bar.
Border enforcement data for the current Democrat administration is publicly available. The lawsuits against the current Democrat administration, to get it to stop using COVID era tools to limit immigration are publicly available. The text of the current Democrat administrations attempted immigration legislation is publicly available.
And they're all smokescreen and lies when they say Democrats are willing to enforce the border. They make a deal promising border enforcement that they always reneg on. It's been that way for over 40 years. You always get the tax increase but never the spending cut. You always get the amnesty, but you never get border enforcement. Democrats want open borders and that's what they've implemented now that they are in power. They could stop illegal immigration right now if they wanted to. They wouldn't even have to do it themselves. They could simply allow Texas to enforce their own borders.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

They wouldn't even have to do it themselves. They could simply allow Texas to enforce their own borders.
how come Donald Trump didn't tell Texas to secure their borders as much as they want when he was president? Illegal immigration could already have been ended ages ago. In fact, why spend the billions on the wall? Since Texas could have done it with its own resources?

You knew that a Republican president isn't going to last indefinitely, but instead of implementing this simple solution that is 100% guaranteed to work per you, he spent billions on defunct wall projects that got his buddies rich in kickbacks.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

ajax18 wrote:
Democrats want more illegal immigration, not less. They won't even call them illegal immigrants because they don't believe we have the right to even have a border.
It is a racist slur which is the reason why Republicans use it. It is also inaccurate because there is nothing "illegal" about coming to the border to apply for asylum.
Borders are immoral and racist.
Maybe you should actually listen to Democrats instead of regurgitating the boilerplate description being fed to you by racist right wing propaganda.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 12:34 am
Doctor Steuss wrote:

And they're all smokescreen and lies when they say Democrats are willing to enforce the border. They make a deal promising border enforcement that they always reneg on. It's been that way for over 40 years. You always get the tax increase but never the spending cut. You always get the amnesty, but you never get border enforcement. Democrats want open borders and that's what they've implemented now that they are in power. They could stop illegal immigration right now if they wanted to. They wouldn't even have to do it themselves. They could simply allow Texas to enforce their own borders.

LOL. What an effin moron. Yes, it is all a "smokescreen" by the Democrats when Republicans go on live television and say Republicans in their own party refuse to pass legislation Democrats helped craft to solve the border crisis. It is all a "smokescreen" by Democrats! Like every other day some Republican on FOX News gives the game away like Maria "I'm a dishonest Hack" Bartiromo, asking a Republican what the problem is and he literally says, "it isn't the Democrats it is the Republicans in my own party."

https://youtu.be/4f-fPr60C38?t=91
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

OMG, he actually believes Texas was on to something useful. It was all political stunts, nothing meaningful.

Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 12:34 am
Doctor Steuss wrote:

If it's all smokescreens and lies, then why did the courts have to intervene to stop the current Democratic administration from using tools to limit immigration, and stop asylum seekers, that were beyond what was legally allowed?

Curious.

Again, this is all publicly available. Reality might not be as comforting as the boogey man that MAGA creates in order to keep its cult fearfully obedient though. So... I'm not surprised that you responded with the above, instead of, you know, using the breadcrumbs to fact-check.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

On the topic of Biden's open border, and smoke screens and lies...

Biden's administration deported almost 3/4 of a million people last year alone.

His DHS Sec, when speaking about this stat the other day said it would have been much more because the majority don't have a legal case to stand on in order to remain in the country, but they don't have the resources to process people quickly enough per the current legal requirement. Resources that they would have been granted under Biden's immigration bill that Republicans tanked in order to swear fealty to the Fanta Menace.

There certainly does seem to be some smoke screens and lies, just a slight attribution error.