Vaccines and Therapeutics 2.0 & 3.0 Merge

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Vaccines and therapeutics

Post by Jersey Girl »

Chap your comments do not fall on deaf ears. We are mystified that the man is (as of today) out in public places including restaurants without a mask when he should be rightly quarantining himself for the public good. It is the height of irresponsibility. We are disgusted however, we have offered help should they need it. I wouldn't mind running an errand and I can assure you it would be a no contact delivery of whatever they might need. But he's not quarantining so he probably doesn't need that kind of support.

Thinking about no contact delivery. Before they and we were fully vaccinated, and one of our kids needed a dog watcher (I love doing that) both fur parents got out of the car in masks and sent the fur babies to the front door. This kind of thoughtful responsibility taking is not even on this man's radar.

And I ask myself, how could it not be? But we see stories like this every day where people are opposed to mask wearing because they complain that the gov't is taking away their rights and this man is just like that. If he said that to me, then I would simply ask "Why don't you ignore the stop signs, speed limits, and traffic lights (don't forget the seat belts!) since those are also taking away your right to choose how to operate your motor vehicle in public?"

Safety-wise, it's the same damn thing.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Hundreds gathered in Moroni, Utah to burn a giant syringe as part of their anti-vaccination beliefs.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/xgxxan/ ... the-desert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7xFabyn7Iw
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Link to interactive vaccine tracking map.

Tracking Covid-19 vaccines in the US
https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2021/he ... cinations/
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Uber And Lyft Will Give Free Rides To COVID-19 Vaccination Spots, White House Says
https://www.npr.org/sections/coronaviru ... -house-say

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 5:35 am
Well, it happened. One of JB's close friends who refused to wear a mask or get vaccinated. The whole like-minded family has been out be bopping around taking no precautions for over a year now like there was no tomorrow. Tomorrow came this morning. The wife went on an extended road trip with one of the adult kids to different states to visit family and returned with a cough nearly 2 weeks ago. She couldn't breathe this morning so he took her to urgent care. Urgent care had her immediately transported by ambulance to the ED where upon she was admitted to the hospital. DX: Covid-19.

She has a heart condition. She has kidney failure. She has fluid building up in her lungs.

She's too far out from the onset of symptoms so Remdesivir isn't a choice. God only knows what is going to happen there.

They are both older than us. They wanted to Covid test him. He rejected it outright because he doesn't want them to stick a q tip up his nose. Don't even get me started. This man is an Army veteran and retired cop. And he's reluctant to have a q tip up his nose. He apparently acquiesced. Got tested for Covid and did the antibody test. He doesn't know one thing from the other, he's not making sense in his conversations, so it's hard to tell if he even had any test at all. We think he's bs-ing.

And so far as I know, he's still refusing to wear a mask. But one good thing. He sent her into the hospital with her phone so she can talk to him! Yeah. Talk to him. Right. She can't even breathe.

If this weren't so damn serious I'd be tempted to say, "I told you so". But it is and we're not.
The situation is bad. Really, really, bad. Wife is on week three in the hospital. She has blood clots in her lungs, is being moved back into ICU and husband has her medical power of attorney as of today. She is conscious and signed it over to him. Doctor says intubation is basically imminent at this point which is one of the reasons she's back in ICU.

The husband had 2 Covid tests. Both came back inconclusive.

Their adult son has been on portable oxygen for at least a week. Tested positive for Covid.

Wife had no preexisting health conditions that we know of other than that she did have an ablation to treat AFIB. No respiratory that we know of. Life long non-smoker.

I don't know how to sway anyone who doesn't take the virus seriously. I don't know how to make people get vaccinated. I sure as heck don't know how you convince older folks who are in denial to protect themselves with masks and vaccine.

This crap is real and there is no way to predict who is going to contract it or how their body will react to infection.

This family did nothing to protect themselves or others.

Slava Ukraini!
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 6:40 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 5:35 am
The situation is bad. Really, really, bad. Wife is on week three in the hospital. She has blood clots in her lungs, is being moved back into ICU and husband has her medical power of attorney as of today. She is conscious and signed it over to him. Doctor says intubation is basically imminent at this point which is one of the reasons she's back in ICU.

The husband had 2 Covid tests. Both came back inconclusive.

Their adult son has been on portable oxygen for at least a week. Tested positive for Covid.

Wife had no preexisting health conditions that we know of other than that she did have an ablation to treat AFIB. No respiratory that we know of. Life long non-smoker.

I don't know how to sway anyone who doesn't take the virus seriously. I don't know how to make people get vaccinated. I sure as heck don't know how you convince older folks who are in denial to protect themselves with masks and vaccine.

This Crap is real and there is no way to predict who is going to contract it or how their body will react to infection.

This family did nothing to protect themselves or others.
Is this guy still refusing to mask and get vaccinated, and is he still trying to deny the realities of the pandemic?
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Gunnar wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 8:00 pm
Is this guy still refusing to mask and get vaccinated, and is he still trying to deny the realities of the pandemic?
Yes to the first two so I kind of assume, yes to the third as well. So there is a small group of retired guys who meet up for coffee and chat, one of which is my husband. My husband and one of the other friends have been after him about masks for months. When we heard about his wife, everyone put the brakes on and fast. Except him because he continued going all over the place for coffee and lunch or whatever retired guys do. But the other guys stopped meeting up with him.

They (including my husband and the other guy I mentioned) told him directly that he needed to get a Covid test and they kept after him. He procrastinated (didn't want them sticking that "thing" up his nose :roll: ), but eventually he did that. Test came back inconclusive. Then...came the next conversation about when you get inconclusive results, you get tested again, assume positive and isolate while waiting for results. He procrastinated again. I've been coaching my husband behind the scenes, offering guidance but always checking facts to make sure my information was correct and up to date, because there have been changes in guidance over time.

Got the second test. Inconclusive. Keep in mind that his Covid positive tested adult son is living in the house with him right now. So, double whammy in that regard.

He is STILL not wearing a mask. He STILL doesn't want to get vaccinated. He is STILL tooling all over hell's half acre in public. He was seen TODAY by one of the friends, out in a food place (Like a Denny's but not Denny's--same type deal) sitting at the counter WITH his son.

You would think...and I would think...that since his wife is in such dire straits holed up in a hospital for three weeks now, knowing that she is suffering, knowing that she is likely to be intubated any second (the way it sounds, that's exactly what is going to happen), that she signed over her medical power of attorney to him (a sobering deed), knowing that she cannot BREATHE, knowing that she is developing BLOOD CLOTS, that he would go get vaccinated to try to prevent himself and others from going through the same horrible suffering. I mean, if nothing else, in recognition of his wife's suffering! (Am I'm the only one who thinks like this?)

But no.

Not to draw attention away from his wife's suffering...it is hard for us to hear these things, it is hard for us separate our thoughts to the effect--WHAT DID YOU THINK WOULD HAPPEN?!?! WHY DID YOU WAIT SO LONG TO GO TO THE ER?!?!?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!?!?!--and still respond compassionately.

My husband has asked what he needs from us. To let us know if there is anything we can do on our end.

But Gunnar, it is a mixed bag of conflicted feelings (I pray about this) knowing that she is suffering and that he could lose her any day now...and not wanting to just throw up your hands, tell him what a damn fool he is, and walk away because the man has shown us how truly ignorant and oblivious he is.

And when his wife tested positive and he was going around with no mask to these eateries, I asked my husband why doesn't he just pull out his gun (he carries) and open fire in the restaurant because that is EXACTLY what he is doing in terms of public health!!!

by the way,this man is retired military and retired cop. So a lifetime of public service. :shock: :shock: :shock:

I even had a conversation with my husband where I raised the issue of the medical team. What must it be like to be them in this case? Especially her nurses who are offering compassionate and professional care, and as sure as they are doing that and as sure as I am sitting there, they have GOT to be running a tape in their mind that says--Why did she go on that road trip? Why didn't she wear a mask? Why didn't she come in at the first sign of trouble and WHY in the hell didn't she get vaccinated because she would have been in the second tier of vaccinations due to her age??? Those poor nurses!!

Gunnar this is every Covid horror story that we've been reading about for well over a year now. It's so hard to know this is going on and that it could have possibly been prevented or at the very least, had she gone to the ER at the very first sign of trouble and not waited until she actually could not breathe...her outcome would likely have been more promising!

Venting!!

Slava Ukraini!
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 9:05 pm
Gunnar this is every Covid horror story that we've been reading about for well over a year now. It's so hard to know this is going on and that it could have possibly been prevented or at the very least, had she gone to the ER at the very first sign of trouble and not waited until she actually could not breathe...her outcome would likely have been more promising!

Venting!!
Sorry to hear that, Jersey Girl, and particularly sorry for that man's poor wife. :( I hope she pulls through, and has both the sense and the backbone to call him out for his foolishness, after she does, for having almost killed her.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Gunnar wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 9:26 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 9:05 pm

Venting!!
Sorry to hear that, Jersey Girl, and particularly sorry for that man's poor wife. :( I hope she pulls through, and has both the sense and the backbone to call him out for his foolishness, after she does, for having almost killed her.
I think she's the one who contracted it by some means on her road trip to another state and brought it back home. If course there's no proving it. Then apparently she stayed at home (who knows at this point) until she was so sick she couldn't breathe. He took her to an urgent care and urgent care called 911 for transport straightaway.

It's tragic, it's aggravating, it's just so many things.

Slava Ukraini!
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 2:12 am
I think she's the one who contracted it by some means on her road trip to another state and brought it back home. If course there's no proving it. Then apparently she stayed at home (who knows at this point) until she was so sick she couldn't breathe. He took her to an urgent care and urgent care called 911 for transport straightaway.
Thanks for clarifying that. I should have realized that from your first post on the subject. Obviously she was at least as much to blame as he.
It's tragic, it's aggravating, it's just so many things.
Absolutely!