Vaccines and Therapeutics 2.0 & 3.0 Merge

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Chap
God

Re: Vaccines and therapeutics

Post by Chap »

Lem wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 5:15 pm
hobgoblin says:
May 11, 2021 at 5:47 am

‘Flu’ is not a transmissible disease, contrary to popular propaganda.

Several hundred years ago, it was discovered that some sicknesses were not transmissible, and were caused by an ‘influence’ so they were called ‘Influenca’ or now Influenza.
This is mainly electromagnetic pollution.
The truth is that several hundred years ago, it had not yet been discovered that many diseases were caused by bacteria and viruses, and were transmissible by the passage of these tiny entities from an infected person to others. One of the causes that people thought might be responsible for disease was the imaginary 'influence' of the stars.

During the 19th century the germ theory of disease was proposed and tested so often and so convincingly that physicians abandoned the obsolete astrological theory of disease. To that we owe the sterilisation procedures, antibiotics and vaccines that have hugely reduced the incidence of many diseases that caused huge misery and death amongst mankind.

A terrible side effect of that is that pig-ignorant but self-confident people with no scientific or historical understanding have completely forgotten how risky life used to be, and feel free to talk nonsense about medical discoveries that have made their lives long, healthy and safe.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Lem wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 5:15 pm
Somewhat unrelated, but in an article about the doctor in the rumble video cited above (who, based on my best analysis of the facts, is not a reliable source and whose statements have been debunked repeatedly), I started reading the comments. I had no idea conspiracy theorists had gone so off the rails. A sampling:
hobgoblin says:
May 11, 2021 at 5:47 am

‘Flu’ is not a transmissible disease, contrary to popular propaganda.

Several hundred years ago, it was discovered that some sicknesses were not transmissible, and were caused by an ‘influence’ so they were called ‘Influenca’ or now Influenza.
This is mainly electromagnetic pollution.
So you can no more vaccinate against influenza than you can vaccinate against sunburn, BUT, Big Pharma, is making Billion$ out of selling fake influenza vaccines.
They are doing exactly the same with covid vaccines, and simultaneously removing the old and sick from the system, saving billion$ in healthcare costs.
-----
[question: what do you make of what’s happening in India right now?]

Hobgoblin says:

Early on, there were reports that 26,000 5G satellites ad been put into orbit. Those satellites can be directed, and concentrated on any place on the planet.
As the test will give 95% false positives, then anyone who is made sick by 5G will be diagnosed as positive covid. The effects of 5G radiation are indistinguishable from the alleged covid.
Rural India doesn’t have the facilities to diagnose the real cause of the sickness. Hence, people can be killed by the thousands, which is exactly the desired result.
-----
Lisa says:

Exactly.. They hooked up 5g in Wuhan(oct 2019/right as the military games where starting up), Italy & Iran first 😏 While we were initially locked down they quietly installed 5g EVERYWHERE. Inside the adapter circuit boxes.. The labelling of Cov 19 is found.. & they were expressly told to not open them up. This will up the deaths, & will aid in the ‘cases’ count. Compromised immune & bacterial infections(masks), new pathogen, 5g.. = Slave labor & ‘elites’ left over. They are attacking the 5g towers in many countries now the information is becoming public. They believe they are a superior race of purer blood lines… & the rest are a slave population of useless eaters & consumers outpopulating them. They are correcting that. The papal lines, illuminati, Vatican, & Freemasons/UN… Short list..loll
---
storkfeliverys says:

The flu is not real. It is radiation poisoning. The body detoxifies itself and the symptoms and side effects are THE FLU. We are exposed to radiation and microwaves every day. When there is too much toxicity in our bodies, we get THE FLU. They have us all convinced that the Flu is a virus.! So they can poison us with VACCINES ! World depopulation by VACCINES and we all pay for our own poisoning ! They get BILLIONS and WE DIE !
----
Hobgoblin says:

Exactly.
See my other comments.
----
KRH says:

Amen ! We also will NOT take the vaccine.
Wow. I had no idea people could be this crazy.
I've been listening/watching the part of the video cited above. It's a longer video and I haven't gotten to the vaccine portion I guess. https://rumble.com/vhp7y5-full-intervie ... ccine.html

So far the doctor is complaining about the response and the lack of courage to try treatments that he claims are effective. I guess as long as no harm is done, I don't see the problem in trying anything when death seems inevitable and the patient agrees. It's just like the vaccine trials, seems to me. Further, if a treatment turns out to be better than another for this disease, then we ought to try it, whether it is a vaccine or something else.
(who, based on my best analysis of the facts, is not a reliable source and whose statements have been debunked repeatedly)
Could you cite what makes you believe this about the doctor?

Also, how are these outlandish statements you cite above tied to the Texas doctor from the video? What is this article you cite?
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Sorry, usually I'm better at adding links, I'll add them to my post. I didn't want to watch the video, so I looked for an article discussing the video, the discussion of the video and comments were from this:
COVID Vaccine Killing Huge Numbers, Warns Leading Doctor
By Liberty Sentinel Staff 1 month ago
One of the world’s top experts on COVID19, Dr. Peter McCullough, is sounding the alarm about the vaccines and the suppression of proven treatments.

https://libertysentinel.org/covid-vacci ... UFyKRLzvRI
One of the articles I found very helpful in understanding McCullough's approach was this:
https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/the-co ... messaging/
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Here's a new development that I discovered last night. Might be a good idea going forward as a seasonal vaccine combination. Something to keep an eye on.

Novavax combined influenza/COVID-19 vaccine shows promise in animal study
https://www.reuters.com/business/health ... 021-05-10/
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Lem wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 6:26 pm
Sorry, usually I'm better at adding links, I'll add them to my post. I didn't want to watch the video, so I looked for an article discussing the video, the discussion of the video and comments were from this:
COVID Vaccine Killing Huge Numbers, Warns Leading Doctor
By Liberty Sentinel Staff 1 month ago
One of the world’s top experts on COVID19, Dr. Peter McCullough, is sounding the alarm about the vaccines and the suppression of proven treatments.

https://libertysentinel.org/covid-vacci ... UFyKRLzvRI
One of the articles I found very helpful in understanding McCullough's approach was this:
https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/the-co ... messaging/
Thanks so much for researching that and providing the link to it, Lem! You provided a very valuable service in doing so!
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Well, at least ME didn’t share this nonsense:

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/cow-dun ... re-2440150

tldr - A school called the Shree Swaminarayan Gurukul Vishwavidya Pratishthanam, where some people go once a week to slather cow dung and urine over their bodies, hug cows and practice yoga as a cure for Covid.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 7:34 pm
Here's a new development that I discovered last night. Might be a good idea going forward as a seasonal vaccine combination. Something to keep an eye on.

Novavax combined influenza/COVID-19 vaccine shows promise in animal study
https://www.reuters.com/business/health ... 021-05-10/
Yes, I saw that too. Encouraging news!
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Gunnar wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 4:21 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 3:59 am
Let me think that over, Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner.
Forget it! By deliberately and repeatedly getting my name wrong, you have ruined any chance of my even offering to share my winnings with you anyway. :P
Today is the day and don't you forget it, buddy! I would probably collapse if I actually won this lottery. And then...I'd go shopping. I mean like for real shopping. :mrgreen:
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Interactive Covid 19 Travel Map
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... tices.html

I'll save you the time. We're not going anywhere. Not outside of the U.S. anyway. :(

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Conclusion of previous account. We attended the memorial service for our friend's wife. It was a Western style service and I really, really, liked it. The preacher kept it simple, stayed in the Word, and NO theatrics whatsoever. He did all the singing (he was part of a relatively well known Western singing group--not C&W, Western--think Tumblin' Tumbleweeds--and felt called to preach) with just one amplified acoustic guitar. No crazy showboating. Did three old standard hymns. I wish people would sing in church, I sang but kept it super low. Couple of people spoke. Pastor shared some important scripture verses...you all would recognize them and he didn't go off script if you know what I mean. Her urn was there with memorabilia. I liked that his emphasis was on that when she took her last breath in the hospital, she took her first breath in Heaven. I really liked the uplifting and comforting way in which he framed the service.

So why am I telling you this? Here's why...

I left there convinced about something. I told JB over lunch that I am definitely going to plan my own service. I mean it. It's not something I ever really thought about too much but now I feel like...I should just do that so it's the way I would like it to be and no one would be burdened by trying to figure out what to do or if they had the music or the messaging or the overall tone right. It won't be fancy because I am not fancy and I wouldn't mind if that same pastor officiated because I like what he did.

And I want people to sing!! You know like an old fashioned hymn sing!! 8-)

Slava Ukraini!