Vaccines and Therapeutics 2.0 & 3.0 Merge

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Gunnar
God

Re: Vaccines and Therapeutics 2.0 & 3.0 Merge

Post by Gunnar »

My family and I all got the latest covid vaccine along with the current seasonal flu shot and the pneumococcus vaccine on Oct. 7. We experienced a bit more and longer lasting discomfort in our arms than with previous shots, but that has almost completely subsided by now.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

ajax18 wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 9:13 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 7:18 pm
Bull!
For many people boosters for the rest of their life is worse than Covid. The risk of endocarditis is worse than Covid in young men.

It's irrelevant now. China, Soros, Gates, and the oligarchs in charge of the deep state have achieved getting rid of Trump by destroying the world economy and instituting universal mail in balloting. There's no more need to stoke fear over a virus with a 99.96% survival rate in people under 70 nor to punish the doubters who are dragging their feet on boosters forever.
That is also pure BS! Especially the "destroying the world economy and instituting universal mail in balloting" part. There is practically zero evidence that mail in balloting was less secure or led to the 2020 election being stolen by Biden. Why anyone with a fully functioning brain still believes almost every lie Trump tells is incomprehensible to me!

As for the endocarditis claim, studies have conclusively shown that people who actually get the covid-19 virus and recover from it are many times more likely to get endocarditis than those who have merely been vaccinated. Besides that, the incidence of endocarditis among covid vaccinated people is so rare and so almost always recovered from within a very few days that it far from a valid argument for not getting vaccinated,

Yale study reveals insights into post-vaccine heart inflammation cases.
Lucas noted that, according to CDC findings, the risk of severe forms of myocarditis is greater in individuals who contract the COVID-19 virus than in those who receive vaccines. She emphasized that vaccination offers the best protection from COVID-19-related disease.
ETA: Besides all that, anyone who actually succeeded in getting rid of or reducing Trump's influence deserves to be applauded for that, not condemned!
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Around noon yesterday, I developed a headache and fatigue. I napped most of the afternoon.

I feel fine this morning. I'm guessing yesterday afternoon was a reaction to the COVID shot.

My youngest is at the point where she no longer needs to isolate as long as she wears a mask around others. Once she tests negative twice, 48 hours apart, she's back to COVID free.

The rest of us have hit the point where three negative tests, 48 hours apart, confirms we didn't have an asymptomatic infection.

Yay!
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Thanks for reporting your recent vax experiences Gunnar and RI! I have yet to get the RSV and Flu immunizations I still need. Also need tetanus. I'll be picking up at the local pharm probably Monday and see to those but only one by one. Want to isolate the RSV to see how it behaves.

Also have to ask if I can get my COVID booster on the early side since I'm off schedule for that by 2 months and was late getting the last booster. Tis the season!

We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

I was so disappointed to learn that SPIKEVAX (Moderna) does not come in pumpkin spice.

You have been warned.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 9:25 pm
I was so disappointed to learn that SPIKEVAX (Moderna) does not come in pumpkin spice.

You have been warned.
:o

That's outrageous! I'll be sticking with Pfizer thanks very much! Pffft!
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

A couple of things here...

Got my flu shot Friday. My arm swelled up like a baseball. :shock: Saturday a.m. I found myself ready to doze off at the computer. Not joking here. I don't recall ever having a reaction to a flu shot except for the injection site feeling warm.

Anyway...I found this article on a U of Penn study on Long Covid and thought it might be of interest.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandso ... scientists

If anyone has read my SSP thread about my health issues you will know I feel like it may have been Covid related. When I read this article on the study a couple of things jumped out at me. The vagus nerve. :shock: Gastrointestinal symptoms. :shock:

Also low levels of serotonin. Which also fits the overall picture of what happened to me. :shock:

Anyway, it's there for the taking if you're interested.

p.s. I hate my vagus nerve.

Slava Ukraini!
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

I am sorry to hear of Jersey Girl's experience. She really has had some bad luck, and I hope she soon feels better.

But just to avoid anybody worrying about whether they should or should not be vaccinated (which I am sure was not Jersey Girl's intention): A few days ago, I was vaccinated in the same session against both influenza and COVID by two separate injections in the upper left arm.

I suffered no subsequent pain, swelling or discomfort in the arm, nor did I experience any other notable symptoms in the days that followed. And that, my pharmacist assured me, is the experience of the great majority of his patients.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
yellowstone123
1st Counselor

Post by yellowstone123 »

Getting my flu shot today. No more Covid but it does not cist
“one of the important things for anybody in power is to distinguish between what you have the right to do and what is right to do." Potter Stewart, associate justice of the Supreme Court - 1958 to 1981.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

yellowstone123 wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:16 pm
No more Covid but it does not cist
Please clarify what this means - is there a typo?
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.