Vaccines and Therapeutics 2.0 & 3.0 Merge

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Vaccines and therapeutics

Post by Jersey Girl »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:17 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:47 am
Get off my ass, yo.
Office of Workforce Services?
Get. Away from me.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Amid cold chain blues, Pfizer looks to powder vaccine formula in 2021: report

https://www.fiercepharma.com/vaccines/a ... 021-report

Above link is quirky. Subscription I think.Try this.

Pfizer working on powder form of COVID-19 vax
https://www.pharmamanufacturing.com/ind ... id-19-vax/
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

And more good news on the vaccine front: Moderna's interim peek at the numbers shows around 95% effectiveness. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/16/heal ... ccine.html. The more, the merrier.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:47 pm
And more good news on the vaccine front: Moderna's interim peek at the numbers shows around 95% effectiveness. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/16/heal ... ccine.html. The more, the merrier.
You beat me to it, RI. Yes! The more the merrier for sure! Fauci says this is as good as it gets for a new vaccine. I'm very optimistic about this!

Slava Ukraini!
msnobody
First Presidency

Post by msnobody »

I’m excited too as I think I got the real deal in the clinical trial. Even more so as I was exposed last week to someone who tested positive. Crazy thing is that the MD who saw the patient was contacted by employee health and told to leave work immediately and quarantine due to exposure. They didn’t even contact me who probably had more contact with the patient than the MD. So much for contact tracing in the workplace. This is exactly why I enrolled in the clinical trial.
Oh, well!
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

msnobody wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:22 am
I’m excited too as I think I got the real deal in the clinical trial. Even more so as I was exposed last week to someone who tested positive. Crazy thing is that the MD who saw the patient was contacted by employee health and told to leave work immediately and quarantine due to exposure. They didn’t even contact me who probably had more contact with the patient than the MD. So much for contact tracing in the workplace. This is exactly why I enrolled in the clinical trial.
Oh, well!
Sounds like the system isn't perfect, right? :roll: When will you know if you got the vaccine that was being trialed? Will they come back and test you? I don't know that I know exactly how that works. It makes sense to me that they will eventually test you for antibodies.

When is the end of your trial?

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

msnobody wrote:
Oh, well!
Good on you for signing up. I applied for a couple, but since I work from home, I’m probably not a good subject. Here’s to hoping you got the good stuff.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
msnobody
First Presidency

Post by msnobody »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:38 am
msnobody wrote:
Oh, well!
Sounds like the system isn't perfect, right? :roll: When will you know if you got the vaccine that was being trialed? Will they come back and test you? I don't know that I know exactly how that works. It makes sense to me that they will eventually test you for antibodies.

When is the end of your trial?
It is a 25-month double-blind study. So, I can’t get any of the information until the 25 months is up, or if they unblind the study. I didn’t know that unblinding a study could be done, but that is what one of the study peeps (can’t think of the proper title) told me. I would be interested to know all of the lab results (9 vials of blood at the last visit).
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
msnobody
First Presidency

Post by msnobody »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:07 am
msnobody wrote:
Oh, well!
Good on you for signing up. I applied for a couple, but since I work from home, I’m probably not a good subject. Here’s to hoping you got the good stuff.
I raise my glass to yours.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Jimmy Fallon Moderna Rap (NSFW)

https://youtu.be/g_XknRRw2hE?t=409

Slava Ukraini!