Vaccines and Therapeutics 2.0 & 3.0 Merge

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Moksha
God

Re: Vaccines and therapeutics

Post by Moksha »

Could you, my fellow posters, let me know when the third dose of Pfitzer becomes available or cross vaccination happens?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Updated as of 14 Jul 2021

Total cases in the U.S. are going back UP.

We suck at vaccines.
We suck at responsibility taking.
We are a nation largely populated by imbeciles.

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 12:41 am
National

U.S. Population 331,449,281 (as of Apr 2021)

Total vaccines: 302,204,450
Today: 345,296,885
Total first doses: 171,094,924
Today: 189,263,455
Total second doses: 127,155,355
Today: 151,367,056

New cases today: 6,910
Today: 29,097
Total cases: 33,676,529
Today: 34,262,205

New deaths today: 278
Today: 278
Total deaths: 602,734
Today: 615,254

Colorado

CO population 5. 759 million

Total vaccines: 5,688,393
Today: 6,454,127
Total first doses: 3,090,625
Today: 3,388,403
Total number of second doses administered: 2,390,371
Today: 2,833,189

New cases today: 681
Today: 525
Total cases: 542,411
Today: 564,178

New deaths today: 24
Today: 8
Total deaths: 6,583
Today: 6,884

Yes, thank you, I know the vaccine totals don't add up. Don't shoot the messenger.

Reporting always seems to be low over the weekends. I'll do this again sometime next week.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 7:02 pm
https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/cow-dun ... re-2440150

tldr - A school called the Shree Swaminarayan Gurukul Vishwavidya Pratishthanam, where some people go once a week to slather cow dung and urine over their bodies, hug cows and practice yoga as a cure for Covid.
Does it work?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

So folks. New cases are rising in every state now. Delta variant and the vaccine hesitant are to thank for this. Think this is a good time to put your mask back on and observe social distancing. Do all the things. I have gone a few places unmasked. Rescinding that practice and masking back up again.

I think that if there is a way to convince at least some anti-vaxxers to get vaccinated it will only be when the mRNA vaccines gain full FDA approval and that is not expected to happen for about 2 months.

I'm think we're going to be living this way for a very long time. Get used to it. Mask up!
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:22 am
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 7:02 pm
https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/cow-dun ... re-2440150

tldr - A school called the Shree Swaminarayan Gurukul Vishwavidya Pratishthanam, where some people go once a week to slather cow dung and urine over their bodies, hug cows and practice yoga as a cure for Covid.
Does it work?
Give the cow dung and urine thing a trial Dr Shades. if you are interested.

Then return and report, with pictures.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:17 am
Updated as of 14 Jul 2021

Total cases in the U.S. are going back UP.

We suck at vaccines.
We suck at responsibility taking.
We are a nation largely populated by imbeciles.
And now, this:

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-claims-peo ... 00964.html
Former President Donald Trump claimed on Sunday that one of the reasons some people are unwilling to take the COVID-19 vaccine is because they "don't trust the Election results" from November 2020.

How does that even make any sense? o_O
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Cultellus wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:09 pm
It makes total sense to totally trust the vaccine if you totally trust the election results. That makes the most sense. If the election results had been opposite then the sense would also be opposite and the trust would also be opposite and that makes more sense even though the vaccine would be the same. Make sense?
Nope.

Former Guy’s supporters don’t trust a vaccine that Former Guy claims he’s responsible for pushing into existence.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:15 pm
I encourage anyone to copy those stats and search up where they came from. Effing damn idiots.
World news
Majority of Covid misinformation came from 12 people, report finds.
CCDH finds ‘disinformation dozen’ have combined following of 59 million people across multiple social media platforms

18:34 UTC Saturday, 17 July 2021

The vast majority of Covid-19 anti-vaccine misinformation and conspiracy theories originated from just 12 people, a report by the Center for Countering Digital Hate (CCDH) cited by the White House this week found.

CCDH, a UK/US non-profit and non-governmental organization, found in March that these 12 online personalities they dubbed the “disinformation dozen” have a combined following of 59 million people across multiple social media platforms, with Facebook having the largest impact. CCDH analyzed 812,000 Facebook posts and tweets and found 65% came from the disinformation dozen.

Vivek Murthy, US surgeon general, and Joe Biden focused on misinformation around vaccines this week as a driving force of the virus spreading.

On Facebook alone, the dozen are responsible for 73% of all anti-vaccine content, though the vaccines have been deemed safe and effective by the US government and its regulatory agencies. And 95% of the Covid misinformation reported on these platforms were not removed.

Among the dozen are physicians that have embraced pseudoscience, a bodybuilder, a wellness blogger, a religious zealot, and, most notably Robert F Kennedy Jr, the nephew of John F Kennedy who has also linked vaccines to autism and 5G broadband cellular networks to the coronavirus pandemic.
Kennedy was since removed from Instagram, which Facebook owns, but not from Facebook itself.

“Facebook, Google and Twitter have put policies into place to prevent the spread of vaccine misinformation; yet to date, all have failed to satisfactorily enforce those policies,” wrote CCDH’s CEO, Imran Ahmed, in the report.“All have been particularly ineffective at removing harmful and dangerous misinformation about coronavirus vaccines.”

Although platforms have since taken measures to remove many posts and even remove three of the 12 from one platform, the CCDH is calling on Facebook and Instagram, Twitter and YouTube to completely deplatform the disinformation dozen they believe are dangerous and instrumental in creating vaccine hesitancy at a crucial moment in the pandemic.

“Updated policies and statements hold little value unless they are strongly and consistently enforced,” the report said. “With the vast majority of harmful content being spread by a select number of accounts, removing those few most dangerous individuals and groups can significantly reduce the amount of disinformation being spread across platforms.”
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... plnews_d-1
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

It seems that Republicans, at least in Tennessee have now become the
Pro-death party.
As unvaccinated Americans make up the majority of Covid-19 hospitalizations, Tennessee has halted outreach for all vaccines, including Covid vaccines, to minors. Daily Beast columnist Wajahat Ali joins American Voices with Alicia Menendez to discuss what this reveals of the impact of the politicized pandemic and what this says about how far Republicans will go to keep their base.
This is despicable! Tennessee GOPs are in effect more than willing to put even their own kids' health and very lives at risk for serious disease, including measles, mumps and diphtheria, polio, hepatitis, etc.-- not just Covid-19 -- in their eagerness to "own the libs." As Wajahat said: " Now, in Tennessee "you can carry and own a gun without a permit, but God forbid if you do vaccine outreach during a health crises that is killing . . . the unvaccinated across the country." Tennessee's top vaccination official was actually fired from her job merely for advocating that teenagers get vaccinated for Covid-19!

Anyone who doesn't see anything wrong with this is an idiot! This is a public health issue, not a political issue!
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.