Vaccines and Therapeutics 2.0 & 3.0 Merge

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Vaccines and therapeutics

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 6:03 am
ME this thread is a continuation of a thread we had on our old board. Thank you for contributing to the thread and for your hard work to help save lives!
Seconded. I’m glad to see someone who is basically on the front lines of this war, and it’s a war against a lethal and determined enemy, chime in with some factual information. We’re near 600,000 US deaths, 460,000 Brazilian deaths, 350,000 Indian deaths, and 3.5M deaths worldwide. If this were a hot war between nation states they’d erect monuments and historians would write about this forever. I still can’t quite wrap my mind around deniers, To be honest.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

The U.S. has over 300 million vaccines in arms right now. That is divided between first and second dose. Will post the numbers later when they are reported. Yes, I'm still watching the numbers since back in March, but I don't ritually record them any more.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

National

U.S. Population 331,449,281 (as of Apr 2021)

Total vaccines: 302,204,450
Total first doses: 171,094,924
Total second doses: 127,155,355

New cases today: 6,910
Total cases: 33,676,529

New deaths today: 278
Total deaths: 602,734

Colorado

CO population 5. 759 million

Total vaccines: 5,688,393
Total first doses: 3,090,625
Total number of second doses administered: 2,390,371

New cases today: 681
Total cases: 542,411

New deaths today: 24
Total deaths: 6,583

Yes, thank you, I know the vaccine totals don't add up. Don't shoot the messenger.

Reporting always seems to be low over the weekends. I'll do this again sometime next week.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Mayan Elephant wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 6:00 am
Interesting thread.

I work in infection control. Specifically, airborne infection control. I have been in this business for a long time. I founded a new company just prior to the pandemic that has a solution to integrate infection control policies and practices. Ironically, I was also on a flight from Taipei - Seattle on Jan 13 2020. I have been in the rooms with a lot of covid patients. I have converted hundreds of rooms to negative pressure. I have monitored and repaired rooms for covid specific cases and have gowned up and worked in the rooms during emergencies. I have not met anyone that has been more involved in the mechanical processes associated with covid. I prepared and monitored the room for the first patient to enter a private hospital that had been on the Diamond Princess.

I have worked with a lot of nurses, administrators and engineers. I worked during the surge for uncountable consecutive days and hours.

From all that, this is what I can tell you.... don't believe a fraction of the crap you hear on the news or on Twitter or, most importantly, from a politician. most of what you hear is just plain ridiculous. Covid is DAMN REAL. I have seen the trauma and the drama. It is real. And a lot of this other stuff is just selling clicks and people doing misguided stupid stuff.

All y'all do what all y'all want to do and what you think is best for your family. Chances are, other families want to do what is best for them too. And chances are, if you think you know exactly what everyone else should be doing, you are likely a bit misguided. Best intentions maybe, but misguided nonetheless. We all get to do it our way in difficult circumstances. It is tough, given the complete lack of credibility of most or our leadership. All the best. This will get better. The political fault line stuff, that will get worse. But antibodies and viruses - gonna get better.
This work you're doing is something I admire and thank you for, and I'm sure most of the contributors here would agree with that. Keep up this good work!
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Interesting and potentially game-changing new vaccination technique:

Polymer ‘wafers’ placed under the tongue could deliver vaccines of the future
The wafer is mainly made up of two ingredients: alginate and carboxymethyl cellulose (CMC). The alginate preserves the proteins while the CMC helps the wafer stick to the sublingual membrane long enough to deliver a high concentration of the proteins. The key to making the wafer work, Wang said, was finding the right balance of the two polymers.

With further testing, the polymer wafers could also provide avenues for other vaccines—perhaps one day, for COVID-19.

“This is just a small step in this long journey,” Wang said. “If we continue this line of work, it can bring us to a point where we will have vaccines—they could be based on DNA, RNA, proteins—that can be stored without refrigeration and easily delivered under the tongue at the sublingual site. They will be quickly disseminated throughout the world because they don’t rely on certain equipment and preservation and all of that stuff. This will be particularly good for low-resource regions of the world, even in America—rural areas that are lacking certain essential facilities and infrastructure.”

Source: University of Minnesota
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Mayan Elephant
CTR A

Post by Mayan Elephant »

https://rumble.com/embed/vf328h/?pub=4

Make your own decision. Make your own best decision.

Some folks will make a different decision than you, and that may be the best decision for them.

Remember, some of us remember Thalidomide. And some of us don't. Everybody is approaching this with their own experience and the information out there is contradictory.
"Everyone else here knows what I am talking about." - jpatterson, June 1, 2021, 11:46 ET
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Somewhat unrelated, but in an article about the doctor in the rumble video cited above (who, based on my best analysis of the facts, is not a reliable source and whose statements have been debunked repeatedly), I started reading the comments. I had no idea conspiracy theorists had gone so off the rails. A sampling:
hobgoblin says:
May 11, 2021 at 5:47 am

‘Flu’ is not a transmissible disease, contrary to popular propaganda.

Several hundred years ago, it was discovered that some sicknesses were not transmissible, and were caused by an ‘influence’ so they were called ‘Influenca’ or now Influenza.
This is mainly electromagnetic pollution.
So you can no more vaccinate against influenza than you can vaccinate against sunburn, BUT, Big Pharma, is making Billion$ out of selling fake influenza vaccines.
They are doing exactly the same with covid vaccines, and simultaneously removing the old and sick from the system, saving billion$ in healthcare costs.
-----
[question: what do you make of what’s happening in India right now?]

Hobgoblin says:

Early on, there were reports that 26,000 5G satellites ad been put into orbit. Those satellites can be directed, and concentrated on any place on the planet.
As the test will give 95% false positives, then anyone who is made sick by 5G will be diagnosed as positive covid. The effects of 5G radiation are indistinguishable from the alleged covid.
Rural India doesn’t have the facilities to diagnose the real cause of the sickness. Hence, people can be killed by the thousands, which is exactly the desired result.
-----
Lisa says:

Exactly.. They hooked up 5g in Wuhan(oct 2019/right as the military games where starting up), Italy & Iran first 😏 While we were initially locked down they quietly installed 5g EVERYWHERE. Inside the adapter circuit boxes.. The labelling of Cov 19 is found.. & they were expressly told to not open them up. This will up the deaths, & will aid in the ‘cases’ count. Compromised immune & bacterial infections(masks), new pathogen, 5g.. = Slave labor & ‘elites’ left over. They are attacking the 5g towers in many countries now the information is becoming public. They believe they are a superior race of purer blood lines… & the rest are a slave population of useless eaters & consumers outpopulating them. They are correcting that. The papal lines, illuminati, Vatican, & Freemasons/UN… Short list..loll
---
storkfeliverys says:

The flu is not real. It is radiation poisoning. The body detoxifies itself and the symptoms and side effects are THE FLU. We are exposed to radiation and microwaves every day. When there is too much toxicity in our bodies, we get THE FLU. They have us all convinced that the Flu is a virus.! So they can poison us with VACCINES ! World depopulation by VACCINES and we all pay for our own poisoning ! They get BILLIONS and WE DIE !
----
Hobgoblin says:

Exactly.
See my other comments.
----
KRH says:

Amen ! We also will NOT take the vaccine.
https://libertysentinel.org/covid-vacci ... UFyKRLzvRI
Wow. I had no idea people could be this crazy.
Last edited by Lem on Sun May 30, 2021 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Mayan Elephant wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 3:53 pm
Remember, some of us remember Thalidomide.
For those who don't remember, thalidomide was not a vaccine but a drug that had anti-emetic properties (amongst others). That led to it being (from 1957) prescribed to pregnant women with morning sickness. Four years later it was taken off the market after it was found to cause gross fatal abnormalities.
Mayan Elephant wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 3:53 pm
the information out there is contradictory.
In what important respects is there contradictory information of equal validity on either side of a major question relating to the use of mRNA vaccines against COVID infection risk?
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Icarus
Bishop

Post by Icarus »

There is no equivalence. The Moron Elephant is a loon.