Vaccines and Therapeutics 2.0 & 3.0 Merge

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
K Graham
God

Re: Vaccines and Therapeutics 2.0 & 3.0 Merge

Post by K Graham »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Dec 25, 2021 1:04 pm
I think Trump just lost out on the 2024 nomination:

And

- Doc
Your pics arent showing up for me for some reason.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Edit: I’m using the imgbb website to hang pics. I’m not sure what’s going on. I’ll try again.

And

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

If im the only one who can't see them then it may have something to do with the crappy internet on this ship.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

https://www.gofundme.com/f/alvaro-sylvi ... ly-support
On December 19, 2021, our family lost the beautiful souls of Alvaro and Sylvia Fernandez. Their love story began as High School sweethearts at the tender age of fifteen. Their love grew over the years as their family grew, adding amazing children to their lives (Emily, Daniel, Destinee, and Nicholas). This great love story sadly ended hours apart from each other. Alvaro and Sylvia passed away on December 19th. This was an unexpected loss for our family. We are asking anyone who looks into their hearts, and wishes to help us, to please donate what they can. Destinee and Nicholas are only 17 years old. This will be a loss felt for a very long time. To be left without their parents, and to have to carry the weight of being pushed into adulthood while their still children themselves. Thank you so much for any help that you can provided during this tough time.
A beautiful union destroyed by misinformation.
Family members confirmed that the couple was unvaccinated, adding that Alvaro, who had diabetes, "wanted to wait and do more research," according to the outlet.

"He Googled information. He didn't want to believe everything that was on the news," Alvaro's sister told NBC Los Angeles. "This is kind of an eye-opener for everybody in my family
I wonder if any of the Conservative “news” outlets and blogs ever have a moment of self-reflection? Do they feel any sense of responsibility for these deaths? Or is it too abstract?

Anyway.

How about that Omicron? It’s been a fun few days, but we’re all getting over it. Six for six after a holiday visit. Crazy. CDC Omicron update:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... riant.html

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:22 pm
I wonder if any of the Conservative “news” outlets and blogs ever have a moment of self-reflection? Do they feel any sense of responsibility for these deaths? Or is it too abstract?

Some ‘echo chambers’ tend to be more deadly to their users than others.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

canpakes wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:41 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

Some ‘echo chambers’ tend to be more deadly to their users than others.
Who woulda thunk the American Civil War 2.0 would’ve been resolved through unintentional suicide?

- Doc
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
https://www.gofundme.com/f/alvaro-sylvi ... ly-support
On December 19, 2021, our family lost the beautiful souls of Alvaro and Sylvia Fernandez. Their love story began as High School sweethearts at the tender age of fifteen. Their love grew over the years as their family grew, adding amazing children to their lives (Emily, Daniel, Destinee, and Nicholas). This great love story sadly ended hours apart from each other. Alvaro and Sylvia passed away on December 19th. This was an unexpected loss for our family. We are asking anyone who looks into their hearts, and wishes to help us, to please donate what they can. Destinee and Nicholas are only 17 years old. This will be a loss felt for a very long time. To be left without their parents, and to have to carry the weight of being pushed into adulthood while their still children themselves. Thank you so much for any help that you can provided during this tough time.
A beautiful union destroyed by misinformation.
Family members confirmed that the couple was unvaccinated, adding that Alvaro, who had diabetes, "wanted to wait and do more research," according to the outlet.

"He Googled information. He didn't want to believe everything that was on the news," Alvaro's sister told NBC Los Angeles. "This is kind of an eye-opener for everybody in my family

Anyway.

How about that Omicron? It’s been a fun few days, but we’re all getting over it. Six for six after a holiday visit. Crazy. CDC Omicron update:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... riant.html

- Doc
Glad to hear you're all getting over it. I was just about convinced Thursday that we had a couple cases in the household. The problem is that we are having a spell of cold, dry air, so everyone has a scratchy throat. Testing sites were closed for snow and holidays, so there is no way to get tested before Monday. And likely until late in the week. I'm pretty sure today we haven't had it.

Ms. Ipsa goes back to her middle school classrooms tomorrow. The schools have masking requirements (cloth facial coverings), but there's no way that's going to slow Omicron from tearing through the schools. You think our schools would learn from what's happening in other locations with schools having to close because of ill staff members, but she's heard nothing about any contingency plans. They didn't have enough subs before the holiday break to cover for sick teachers, and that's not going to improve any time soon.

My youngest attends one of the UW satellite campuses. They have moved to remote learning for the first week, and then will see how things go. I think that's pretty sensible. I'm betting, based again on what's happening in other parts of the country, that they'll be remote for the first month. That should put us past Omicron's peak disruption of hospitals and faculty.

I went back into hunker down mode a few weeks back, so working remotely from home until transmission levels fall substantially. The speed of this variant is ungodly fast, so I'm crossing my fingers for a steep backside to the curve.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Remember when Ajax was running around posting "Don't New York my Florida"? Let's see how it's going.

I suspect the folks in New York are saying "Don't Florida my New York."
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Cam did you and your fellow travelers get Covid? How did I miss that? What has it been like for you all? Did you test?
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

RI those are interesting facts especially how Mrs. RI's school is proceeding. :shock: We have one student in our family and while masks aren't required, they are choosing to mask up in class.

I have been, for the most part, hunkered down as well. There were 3 holiday things...gathering of 6 here at the house (no mask), C'mas Eve service (double masked), and one more small gathering of 4 (all vaxxed) here at the house again. I have to say that each time, I checked in with myself every day to count how far out I was from possible exposure. Not one person in our family has been ill though we know people who have gotten Omicron.

Two of the tribe were hesitant to vax. Their friend got Covid last year, wasn't doing well. The friend got it AGAIN this year and is on portable oxygen and cannot work. This person is in their peer group. The two went and got vaxxed--praise God--because one of them has 2 risk factors for complications from Covid.

This has been a ROUGH 2 years (can't believe I'm writing that) for us over here. I am surprised that I haven't totally lost my mind and yet, here I am. 8-)
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!