Vaccines and Therapeutics 2.0 & 3.0 Merge

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Vaccines and therapeutics

Post by Jersey Girl »

The state of Colorado has opened a lottery. Five people who are vaccinated will have a chance to win a million dollars each. I will report here when I win!
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 6:00 pm
The state of Colorado has opened a lottery. Five people who are vaccinated will have a chance to win a million dollars each. I will report here when I win!
Will you share your winnings with me! 8-)
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Gunnar wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 7:35 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 6:00 pm
Will you share your winnings with me! 8-)
Wouldn't that be amazing? I mean amazing to win and amazing that you think I would share a penny with you. :lol: How about if I win, I get on a plane and bring you ME? I know exactly what hotel to stay in. I could hire a driver and we could go tooling all over the place...you and your fam could make me some fish food! We could make CC meet up with us. That's worth a million is it not?

(He better say "yes" or it's totally over.) :lol:
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Intriguing suggestion, Jersey Girl!
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Gunnar wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 11:49 pm
Intriguing suggestion, Jersey Girl!
:o

You will be happy to hear that I just checked the state data base to make sure my immunization records are on file prior to the drawings starting in June and...

Now you're getting nothing! You're history! Be gone with you! Get thee behind me, Gunner!

Slava Ukraini!
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 3:20 am
Now you're getting nothing! You're history! Be gone with you! Get thee behind me, Gunner!
That's alright. I could not in good conscience have really accepted your offer to share your winnings with me anyway ;) Wouldn't you have felt the same if I offered to share my winnings with you?
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Gunnar wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 3:49 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 3:20 am
That's alright. I could not in good conscience have really accepted your offer to share your winnings with me anyway ;) Wouldn't you have felt the same if I offered to share my winnings with you?
Let me think that over, Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner.

Slava Ukraini!
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 3:59 am
Let me think that over, Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner Gunner.
Forget it! By deliberately and repeatedly getting my name wrong, you have ruined any chance of my even offering to share my winnings with you anyway. :P
Mayan Elephant
CTR A

Post by Mayan Elephant »

Interesting thread.

I work in infection control. Specifically, airborne infection control. I have been in this business for a long time. I founded a new company just prior to the pandemic that has a solution to integrate infection control policies and practices. Ironically, I was also on a flight from Taipei - Seattle on Jan 13 2020. I have been in the rooms with a lot of covid patients. I have converted hundreds of rooms to negative pressure. I have monitored and repaired rooms for covid specific cases and have gowned up and worked in the rooms during emergencies. I have not met anyone that has been more involved in the mechanical processes associated with covid. I prepared and monitored the room for the first patient to enter a private hospital that had been on the Diamond Princess.

I have worked with a lot of nurses, administrators and engineers. I worked during the surge for uncountable consecutive days and hours.

From all that, this is what I can tell you.... don't believe a fraction of the crap you hear on the news or on Twitter or, most importantly, from a politician. most of what you hear is just plain ridiculous. Covid is DAMN REAL. I have seen the trauma and the drama. It is real. And a lot of this other stuff is just selling clicks and people doing misguided stupid stuff.

All y'all do what all y'all want to do and what you think is best for your family. Chances are, other families want to do what is best for them too. And chances are, if you think you know exactly what everyone else should be doing, you are likely a bit misguided. Best intentions maybe, but misguided nonetheless. We all get to do it our way in difficult circumstances. It is tough, given the complete lack of credibility of most or our leadership. All the best. This will get better. The political fault line stuff, that will get worse. But antibodies and viruses - gonna get better.
"Everyone else here knows what I am talking about." - jpatterson, June 1, 2021, 11:46 ET
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

ME this thread is a continuation of a thread we had on our old board. Thank you for contributing to the thread and for your hard work to help save lives!

Slava Ukraini!