Vaccines and Therapeutics 2.0 & 3.0 Merge

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Vaccines and therapeutics

Post by Jersey Girl »

Gunnar wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:52 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:52 pm

So is your answer #1?
Not even that, but it is closer to my own experience than answer #2. I have had more discomfort resulting from sleeping on my arm than I had from the covid-19 vaccine.
Okay if you say so. ;-) I'm still going to prepare the way I did for the first dose. Really hoping I don't have to flop out in bed for a day or so. We just got through a 2-day blizzard. Getting weather in the 50's over the weekend and then three more days of snow. It'd be nice to be able to get out and about or just get things done around here.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

by the way, for anyone yet to receive the vaccine, get it on the shoulder you do not sleep on. If possible, have a diet cola or boba milk tea soon after the injection - it helps with hydration and enjoyment. Best wishes on staying healthy.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Moksha wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:36 pm
by the way, for anyone yet to receive the vaccine, get it on the shoulder you do not sleep on. If possible, have a diet cola or boba milk tea soon after the injection - it helps with hydration and enjoyment. Best wishes on staying healthy.
That's what I did. Got the shot on my non-dominant arm and hydrated like crazy before and after. That's what made sense to me.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:41 am
Gunnar wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:52 am

Not even that, but it is closer to my own experience than answer #2. I have had more discomfort resulting from sleeping on my arm than I had from the covid-19 vaccine.
Okay if you say so. ;-) I'm still going to prepare the way I did for the first dose. Really hoping I don't have to flop out in bed for a day or so. We just got through a 2-day blizzard. Getting weather in the 50's over the weekend and then three more days of snow. It'd be nice to be able to get out and about or just get things done around here.
I realize that the side effects and amount of discomfort from the vaccine varies from person to person. I sincerely hope that you have as easy and comfortable an experience with your second shot as I and my wife did. I get the impression that our experience with the vaccine may be more benign than is typical. My wife had a slightly harder time with the second shot than with the first, but in my case, the only difference I noticed was the brief bout of mild fever I had with the second shot. In truth, though, I can't say for certain that I had no fever with the first one, as I did not bother to check my temperature the day after. I probably didn't, though, because I don't remember experiencing the chills that are often a prelude to fever with the first one, as I did in bed the night I had the second one.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Gunnar wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:32 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:41 am

I realize that the side effects and amount of discomfort from the vaccine varies from person to person. I sincerely hope that you have as easy and comfortable an experience with your second shot as I and my wife did. I get the impression that our experience with the vaccine may be more benign than is typical. My wife had a slightly harder time with the second shot than with the first, but in my case, the only difference I noticed was the brief bout of mild fever I had with the second shot. In truth, though, I can't say for certain that I had no fever with the first one, as I did not bother to check my temperature the day after. I probably didn't, though, because I don't remember experiencing the chills that are often a prelude to fever with the first one, as I did in bed the night I had the second one.
Welp. The big guy is off to get his second dose this afternoon and my turn is tomorrow. Whatever happens we'll deal with it. By the sounds of it, this is small potatoes compared to other things we've dealt with in life. I'll report back when there is something to report!

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

New rules announced in Washington. I'll be eligible 3/31. Yay!!
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:52 pm

Fabulous! Let us know how you get on and what vax you receive!

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Reporting in. The big guy got his second dose yesterday afternoon. No fever, no chills, no muscle aches. Bit of a tired feeling. Took Tylenol before bed just for general purposes. One side effect that hasn't been mentioned here. Three pains in the head. Not all at once. Nothing horrible like brain zaps but noticeable.

I'm out the door to get mine soon here. Huge pot of minestrone ready in case I can't cook for some reason. Hydrating as I type. Will report back as I go down that looooong lonesome highway. However it goes I will just be thanking God, science, and all the warriors who volunteered for the clinical trials for any side effects. So thankful for a chance to recover our lives (new normal included) and push this blasted pandemic off the map.

Come at me Pfizer! Take your best shot!

:lol:

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Hmmm...reporting in. 5 hours out. I must say I am feeling a bit tired. Like feeling slowed down? Fading? I can't tell if it's because I didn't sleep enough last night (which I didn't and almost never do) or if it's the vax. I think it's the vax. I never feel like this early in the evening. Other than that...so far so good. Only posting this in case I go down for the count.

I shall rise! I know I will!
:lol:

p.s. I'm online shopping. Will I remember what I bought? :lol:

Slava Ukraini!
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:52 pm
If you were in North Carolina you would be currently eligible if you had smoked 100 of the State snack.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace