Vaccines and Therapeutics 2.0 & 3.0 Merge

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Gunnar
God

Re: Vaccines and Therapeutics 2.0 & 3.0 Merge

Post by Gunnar »

As I mentioned previously, Covid struck my family for the second time just before Christmas, but only my wife tested positive, and she had a very mild case, no worse than the mild allergies she is prone to. She would have not suspected she even had Covid, had she not tested positive. I had no symptoms at all and tested negative on the same day she tested positive. 2 days after Christmas, none of us had any noticeable remaining symptoms, and all of us tested negative. It appears that the combination of all of us having previously had covid, and all of us having had all the so far available shots and boosters is probably protecting us, so far. Of course, I have no way of knowing which variant of the virus actually hit us during the Christmas weekend. We were not tested for that.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Gunnar wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:00 am
As I mentioned previously, Covid struck my family for the second time just before Christmas, but only my wife tested positive, and she had a very mild case, no worse than the mild allergies she is prone to. She would have not suspected she even had Covid, had she not tested positive. I had no symptoms at all and tested negative on the same day she tested positive. 2 days after Christmas, none of us had any noticeable remaining symptoms, and all of us tested negative. It appears that the combination of all of us having previously had covid, and all of us having had all the so far available shots and boosters is probably protecting us, so far. Of course, I have no way of knowing which variant of the virus actually hit us during the Christmas weekend. We were not tested for that.
Determining the variant requires sequencing the RNA. I’m not sure that sequencing results are provided to the person who was infected.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:06 am
Gunnar wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:00 am
Determining the variant requires sequencing the RNA. I’m not sure that sequencing results are provided to the person who was infected.
Yes, of course! That's why I have no way of knowing what strain I had. I realize that. Unless the people who prescribed and gave me Paxlovid last summer, the first (and only) time I was diagnosed, obtained and sequenced virus samples from me, I have probably never had my covid sequenced. There was no need to see any medical professionals this time covid hit my family, as none of us got sick enough to even take any medication for it, except my wife might have taken Tylenol for a mild headache. As I said, my wife was the only one who tested positive. It is just barely possible, though, that I had an asymptomatic case of it just long enough to pass it on to my wife, from which I had already recovered before I tested for it myself.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Anyone get another booster yet? We have not. What's available is the bivalent booster from Moderna and what we had was all Pfizer. Just dragging my feet on that for the time being.

Also noticed that Paxlovid achieved FDA approval for treatment in adults.

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-a ... -19-adults> >

If you got the bivalent booster from Moderna, how'd that go for you?
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 11:24 pm
Anyone get another booster yet? We have not. What's available is the bivalent booster from Moderna and what we had was all Pfizer. Just dragging my feet on that for the time being.

I’ve had one Moderna bivalent booster. I’ll be eligible for another in September. I had very little reaction to it.
he/him

ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Jersey Girl wrote:

Lucky you don't have to work for a living. You wouldn't get to choose as it becomes more obvious that these boosters do more harm than good.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 3:10 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:

Lucky you don't have to work for a living. You wouldn't get to choose as it becomes more obvious that these boosters do more harm than good.
1. Your job requires you to always obtain the latest booster?

2. You are suffering medical issues because of this?
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

ajax18 wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:

Bull!
he/him

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 5:46 am
Jersey Girl wrote:

I’ve had one Moderna bivalent booster. I’ll be eligible for another in September. I had very little reaction to it.
Sounds good! I guess I'm dragging my feet because I haven't had a Moderna product yet. I'll get it though.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

ajax18 wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:

Would it be asking too much for you to at least try to make sense or even answer the question I posed?

Slava Ukraini!