Vaccines and Therapeutics 2.0 & 3.0 Merge

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
canpakes
God

Re: Vaccines and Therapeutics 2.0 & 3.0 Merge

Post by canpakes »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:58 am
Got my flu shot Friday.
Got the kids squared away on their flu shots, and us older kids, too. Weirdly, SO and I got ours at the school, while the kids got theirs offsite, from their pediatrician the week before. The nurse at the school was so slick that I don’t even remember feeling a needle enter; I’d swear that she just told me she did it and was foolin’ me. She’s good.

She even gave me some tootsie pops for the youngsters. : )

But, last Friday, I came down with something that hit pretty hard, and I was still trying to rid myself of it Sunday night when I figured that maybe I should use that last COVID test in the cabinet, just to be sure that I wasn’t going to pass something nasty off to anyone on Monday.

Sure enough, that tiny confirmation line for COVID literally blasted red immediately and never faded away.

It’s pretty much gone this evening, but it sure gave a killer headache and congestion for a couple of days. I hope that this means that I’ve paid my dues for at least another year.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Dang, cp. Glad you’re feeling better so soon.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

canpakes wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:30 am
Got the kids squared away on their flu shots, and us older kids, too. Weirdly, SO and I got ours at the school, while the kids got theirs offsite, from their pediatrician the week before. The nurse at the school was so slick that I don’t even remember feeling a needle enter; I’d swear that she just told me she did it and was foolin’ me. She’s good.

She even gave me some tootsie pops for the youngsters. : )

But, last Friday, I came down with something that hit pretty hard, and I was still trying to rid myself of it Sunday night when I figured that maybe I should use that last COVID test in the cabinet, just to be sure that I wasn’t going to pass something nasty off to anyone on Monday.

Sure enough, that tiny confirmation line for COVID literally blasted red immediately and never faded away.

It’s pretty much gone this evening, but it sure gave a killer headache and congestion for a couple of days. I hope that this means that I’ve paid my dues for at least another year.
Glad to hear you're recovering, and sorry that it seemed to hit you so hard. I have tested positive for covid a total of 3 times so far, but I've been lucky. Each of those times my symptoms were much milder than most common colds I have had, and of shorter duration. It probably helped me that I have been fully vaccinated and boosted..
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Yeah Gunnar. You have a thread you missed.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=158128
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:12 pm
Yeah Gunnar. You have a thread you missed.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=158128
You're right! I did somehow miss that thread! Perhaps I was too preoccupied with helping my son and his family celebrate my birthday. I enjoyed that time with them, despite having mild symptoms that I mistakenly attributed to a mild cold. I felt really sorry the morning after, after testing positive for covid, and even worse 2 days after that upon finding out that My son and 2 of my grandchildren also tested positive for covid. One of my daughters, who still lives with us, also tested positive, and both of us wound up taking Paxlovid for five days. All of us had mild symptoms, however, and both of us recovered within 3 days. We probably would have been all right, even had we not been prescribed precautionary Paxlovid.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Get yo flu shots, peeps. We got our flu shots, luckily two weeks ago, because two or three days ago we caught the bug. It’s been a doozy.

- Doc
Last edited by Doctor CamNC4Me on Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:04 pm
Get yo flu shots, peeps. We got our flu shots luckily two weeks ago, because we caught two or three days ago. It’s been a doozy.

- Doc
Good advice! My household is all current on both flu and covid vaccinations now.
yellowstone123
1st Counselor

Post by yellowstone123 »

Chap wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:58 pm
yellowstone123 wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:16 pm
No more Covid but it does not cist
Please clarify what this means - is there a typo?
Sorry for the typo. No more Covid but it exist. My dear friends son was healthy, happy and riding his mountain bike in the San Bernardino area. He was 30. Covid hit his lungs and heart hard. The had him on all sorts of machines, medicines, on his back and stomach. I think this was late 2021 when he died.

Also, I got my flu shot :)
“one of the important things for anybody in power is to distinguish between what you have the right to do and what is right to do." Potter Stewart, associate justice of the Supreme Court - 1958 to 1981.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

RSV shot is in the arm! I'm feeling something but not sure what it is. I expect to flop out and sleep it off shortly.

But first. Homemade Chicken Soup! :D
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!