Vaccines and Therapeutics 2.0 & 3.0 Merge

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Chap
God

Re: Vaccines and Therapeutics 2.0 & 3.0 Merge

Post by Chap »

Try matching your immune system against smallpox. Yes, I know it was finally driven out of circulation out by a concerted world-wide campaign of vaccination, but scientists kept specimens for future research.

There's some waiting in a fridge in a lab somewhere. Just ask, and sign the waiver forms. I am sure it would be instructive to the researchers to see what it does to you ... Of course it may not be satisfied until it has killed you as well. It tends to do that rather often to the unvaccinated.

Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:10 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
What a comeback to the T-shirt. Perfect.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

It does amaze me how people will take all kinds of crap to "boost" an immune system that doesn't need to be boosted, while refusing to train it to recognize harmful bacteria and viruses.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Greetings Covid warriors!

I've collected our little at-home arsenal to fight the war with Omicron should I or the Boy happen to contract it. God forbid.

In the basket:

Rapid Covid test kits (4 so far)
Dayquil (big bottle)
Excedrine Extra Strength
Tylenol Extra Strength (had that already)
Mucinex (out the wazoo--always have it)

Additional whatnot that we already have:

Tissues
Vaporizer
Pedialyte Children's packets
Gatorade
Bone Broth
Chicken Soup ingredients
Multi Vitamins
Vitamin D3
CBD gummies with THC

Doc appointment on Saturday for the Boy where I'll ask if I myself can take the Excederine.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:07 pm
Greetings Covid warriors!

I've collected our little at-home arsenal to fight the war with Omicron should I or the Boy happen to contract it. God forbid.

In the basket:

Rapid Covid test kits (4 so far)
Dayquil (big bottle)
Excedrine Extra Strength
Tylenol Extra Strength (had that already)
Mucinex (out the wazoo--always have it)

Additional whatnot that we already have:

Tissues
Vaporizer
Pedialyte Children's packets
Gatorade
Bone Broth
Chicken Soup ingredients
Multi Vitamins
Vitamin D3
CBD gummies with THC

Doc appointment on Saturday for the Boy where I'll ask if I myself can take the Excederine.
That sounds like a pretty good kit. I find that sinus rinses help clear head congestion. I just use a squeeze bottle with a saline packet, but some find relief using the fancier Netti-Pots.

There seems to be an increasing emphasis on ventilation. I found this resource for turning a box household fan into a filter. https://cleanaircrew.org/box-fan-filters/ Not HEPA quality, but could help reduce the concentration of virus in the home if one of you gets infected. I've put my two youngest in charge of building one, although I've not seen signs that it's happening. (Note: I haven't researched the effectiveness of these things, but I think the precautionary principle and the chance to give the young folks something concrete to do in response to the pandemic make building one worthwhile.)
he/him

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:54 pm

That sounds like a pretty good kit. I find that sinus rinses help clear head congestion. I just use a squeeze bottle with a saline packet, but some find relief using the fancier Netti-Pots.
We have those and plenty of packets for them! I call them Netti Pot bottles. ;-)
There seems to be an increasing emphasis on ventilation. I found this resource for turning a box household fan into a filter. https://cleanaircrew.org/box-fan-filters/ Not HEPA quality, but could help reduce the concentration of virus in the home if one of you gets infected. I've put my two youngest in charge of building one, although I've not seen signs that it's happening. (Note: I haven't researched the effectiveness of these things, but I think the precautionary principle and the chance to give the young folks something concrete to do in response to the pandemic make building one worthwhile.)
Before I went into the video to see what he was doing, I immediately thought...this is a job for a preschool teacher! :lol:

So...we do have box fans (large and small). Wanna know what else I have in my children's art stash?

Texas snowflakes! These are HUGE coffee filters. :mrgreen:

If you or anyone else is interested in these, purchase them at Discount School Supply online. If it asks what school you teach for, just say home school. I forget if that option is on Discount or Scholastic. Shipping from Discount is pretty fast and you might score a sale.

Ask a preschool teacher. We can do flippin' anything and we have the stash to prove it! :mrgreen:
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Trevor Bedford is the guy I follow for information on the genomics of COVID-19. Here is his take on the two lineages of Omicron. https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1487 ... 79488.html
he/him

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

I just read an article that brought back memories from the 80’s:

https://www.history.com/news/seat-belt-laws-resistance
When David Hollister introduced a seat belt bill in Michigan in the early 1980s that levied a fine for not buckling up, the state representative received hate mail comparing him to Hitler. At the time, only 14 percent of Americans regularly wore seat belts, even though the federal government required lap and shoulder belts in all new cars starting in 1968.

Resistance to the life-saving devices at the time was the norm.

Drivers and passengers complained that seat belts were uncomfortable and restrictive, but the uproar over mandatory seat belt laws was mostly ideological. One of Hollister’s colleagues in the Michigan House called the seat belt bill “a pretty good lesson in mass hysteria created by a corporate-controlled media” and warned that the government would outlaw smoking next. Another said that anyone who voted for the bill should be recalled.
I noticed how many parallels the seat belt issue and pandemic measures evoked in people. One of the tactics on Twatter and other social platforms is to compare vaccinations with Nazi Germany. That seemed to fizzle out pretty quickly, so now the anti-vaxxers are comparing their pet issue with the civil rights movement:

Interesting times.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

HEADS UP if you fall into this category. Pfizer and Moderna for folks 50+ years old. It's coming.

FDA expected to OK additional Covid-19 booster shots for adults over 50 next week

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/26/health/c ... index.html

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:25 pm
HEADS UP if you fall into this category. Pfizer and Moderna for folks 50+ years old. It's coming.

FDA expected to OK additional Covid-19 booster shots for adults over 50 next week

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/26/health/c ... index.html
Thanks for the heads up.
he/him