Vaccines and Therapeutics 2.0 & 3.0 Merge

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Vaccines and Therapeutics 2.0 & 3.0 Merge

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Gunnar wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:07 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:54 am
Didn't Navarro push for hydroxychloroquine?
Probably.
Our own Pillow Guy posted that oleander extract is a cure for Covid. I fully support antivaxxers taking oleander extract to treat their Covid infection.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:44 am
Gunnar wrote:

Probably.
Our own Pillow Guy posted that oleander extract is a cure for Covid. I fully support antivaxxers taking oleander extract to treat their Covid infection.

- Doc
I don't know how to argue with that.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:44 am
Gunnar wrote:

Probably.

- Doc
I have little doubt that oleander extract, if taken in sufficient quantity, is a sure fire cure for Covid, in the same way that drinking cyanide is.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Right-Wing Lunatic Licked Door Knobs To Get COVID

Dennis Prager admitted to deliberately trying to get infected with covid-19 in order to acquire natural immunity to protect himself from getting covid-19. Does anyone here fail to see the insanity of that? Trying to get the very disease you are trying to protect yourself from getting by deliberately trying to get it? He admits to actively coming in close contact with and even hugging numerous people in his attempt to get the disease. Who knows how many people he might have infected in the process of trying to get it, before it was confirmed that he already had it?

In the meantime, he had been taking taking at least 5 different pharmaceutical remedies, most of which are unproven to be effective in either preventing or treating the disease. The one medication of those he has been using that probably helps (sometmes) if taken early enough, before symptoms become severe, monoclonal antibodies (regeneron), costs around $2,000 per dose. Why is this preferable to getting vaccinated for free, especially if one is not a millionaire who can afford it, or even if one is a millionaire?

At least a couple of the conservative posters on this forum have enthusiastically posted and endorsed some of Prager's YouTube presentations, and seem to regard him as a great, intellectually gifted sage. Do any of you still think that?
Last edited by Gunnar on Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Xenophon
God

Post by Xenophon »

Gunnar it looks like something went wrong with your link, it just takes me back to posting in the thread.
He/Him

“If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation.”
― Xenophon
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Xenophon wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:45 pm
Gunnar it looks like something went wrong with your link, it just takes me back to posting in the thread.
Sorry about that; :oops: Try it now.
Xenophon
God

Post by Xenophon »

Gunnar wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:18 pm
Sorry about that; :oops: Try it now.
Works now, thanks. I was interested because the title of the video seems a bit sensational to me (it came from the YouTube channel, not Gunnar, just for the record).

I wish they would have stuck to the more accurate description Prager himself gives. That he purposefully walked around unprotected, hoping to catch it but also probably acting as a spreader for it.

Regardless of whatever your home regimine is for fighting it Sanz vaccine, I can't stress enough how silly it is. The disease does absolutely kill people and playing with a proverbial loaded gun like that seems unwise.
He/Him

“If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation.”
― Xenophon
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Something that unlike Ivermectin, has actually been proved in trials to work well against COVID-19:

Covid-19 news: Antiviral drugs cut serious illness risk by nearly 90%

Latest coronavirus news as of 12pm on 5 November

First antiviral approved for use by vulnerable people at home

A new antiviral therapy cuts the risk of being hospitalised or dying from covid-19 by nearly 90 per cent. The treatment, called Paxlovid, is given twice daily for five days to people outside of hospital who are at risk of severe illness.

Paxlovid, made by US firm Pfizer, is a combination of two drugs; a compound currently called PF-07321332, which blocks activity of an enzyme that the coronavirus needs to replicate. The second drug is called ritonavir; developed as a treatment for HIV, it helps slow the breakdown of PF-07321332.

In a placebo-controlled trial of 1219 people from all over the world, 0.8 per cent of people who received Paxlovid within three days of a positive covid-19 test required hospital treatment, compared with 7 per cent of people who received a placebo. The equivalent figures were 1 and 6.7 per cent for those who got treatment within five days. The results have not yet been fully published, but were announced today in a press release from Pfizer.

Meanwhile, another antiviral called molnupiravir was approved yesterday in the UK. This medicine is also given twice daily to people who are at risk of severe illness but have not been hospitalised. Trials showed it halves the risk of people needing hospital treatment or dying.

Molnupiravir should be taken as soon as possible after a positive covid-19 test, or at least within five days. It works by causing mutations as the virus duplicates its genetic material, stopping it from multiplying within cells. The UK Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) has authorised its use for people with at least one risk factor for severe infection, including being 60 or older, having diabetes, heart disease or obesity.

“We are working at pace to deploy molnupiravir to patients through a national study as soon as possible,” Health and Social Care Secretary Sajid Javid said in a statement. Penny Ward at King’s College London said in a statement that the government may want to assess its effectiveness in people who are vaccinated, as the trials so far have been in unvaccinated people.
So, maybe we just go with the science and drop the other stuff?
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

I got my flu shot today.

OMGMYSHOULDERISSOREDOESANYONEKNOWWHATSINTHISVACCINE?!?!

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:52 am
I got my flu shot today.

OMGMYSHOULDERISSOREDOESANYONEKNOWWHATSINTHISVACCINE?!?!

- Doc
Bits of pedophilic pizza crumbs and nanobots from Bill Gates Wuhan laboratories. Do you feel a stupor of thought and are ready to abrogate your 2nd Amendment freedoms? If so, it is working.

JFK, Jr., and Trump will appear together as floats for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Pass it on.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace