Vaccines and therapeutics

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated G through PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: Vaccines and therapeutics

Post by Res Ipsa »

AZCaesar wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:16 am
Got my first a bit over an hour ago. Hoo-ray.
Congrats!
“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” -- Voltaire
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Colorado is wide open for any and all to get the vaccine starting April 2. Take THAT Covid, ya nasty little devil!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:08 pm
Colorado is wide open for any and all to get the vaccine starting April 2. Take THAT Covid, ya nasty little devil!
AZ is wide open now (for 16+).
“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” -- Voltaire
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:45 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:08 pm
AZ is wide open now (for 16+).
That is good news!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

I haven't had time to read this yet since I'm posting on the fly over here. Anyway...I think it's noteworthy in terms of pandemic milestones.

All 50 states now have expanded or will expand Covid vaccine eligibility to everyone 16 and up
By Jacqueline Howard, CNN

Updated 4:27 PM ET, Tue March 30, 2021

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/30/health/s ... index.html
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:28 pm
I haven't had time to read this yet since I'm posting on the fly over here. Anyway...I think it's noteworthy in terms of pandemic milestones.

All 50 states now have expanded or will expand Covid vaccine eligibility to everyone 16 and up
By Jacqueline Howard, CNN

Updated 4:27 PM ET, Tue March 30, 2021

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/30/health/s ... index.html
Different dates for different states. In WA, it's May 1.
Moksha
Savior (resurrected state)

Post by Moksha »

I went when it was still for old people. I was very impressed by how courteous and helpful all the workers were in the Salt Palace. Big thumbs up to that crew.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Chap
2nd Counselor

Post by Chap »

May I join the 'show and tell' session in our virtual Day Centre by noting that I have just had my first dose of Pfizer? I already had an appointment, but my doctor had put me on the waiting list for any earlier slots that came free, and I got a phone call two hours ago.

They kept me there for 15 minutes to make sure I did not drop dead from anaphylactic shock, but since the injection was only a bit over an hour ago it is perhaps too early to expect to be able to report any exciting consequences, if any are going to occur. Of course if I never post here again, you may speculate freely ...
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Chap wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:09 pm
May I join the 'show and tell' session in our virtual Day Centre by noting that I have just had my first dose of Pfizer? I already had an appointment, but my doctor had put me on the waiting list for any earlier slots that came free, and I got a phone call two hours ago.

They kept me there for 15 minutes to make sure I did not drop dead from anaphylactic shock, but since the injection was only a bit over an hour ago it is perhaps too early to expect to be able to report any exciting consequences, if any are going to occur. Of course if I never post here again, you may speculate freely ...
Congrats!
Doctor Steuss
Sunbeam

Post by Doctor Steuss »

My wife got her first dose of the Pfizer vaccine yesterday. She’s really lethargic today, but she also just flew back from FL on Monday, so it could just be jet lag. No soreness at the injection site, or surrounding area.

I have my appointment for #1 scheduled for Friday evening. I am a bit nervous because the flu vaccine usually puts me out of commission for at least a day (and hurts like the dickens), but I am also super excited.

Nevada has a kind of wanky rollout, as it is county specific (and then, site specific). Right now, there is only one location in Clark County (Las Vegas) that is giving the vaccine to the general public, and it is limited to 18 years or older.

All other locations are either 16+ with underlying health condition, 65+, or tier 1 frontline workers.