Vaccines and therapeutics

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated G through PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: Vaccines and therapeutics

Post by Res Ipsa »

Got on my health care providers waiting list today. I could spend a few hours looking at the various mass vaccination sites or pharmacies, but I think I'm good.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” -- Voltaire
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:41 pm
Got on my health care providers waiting list today. I could spend a few hours looking at the various mass vaccination sites or pharmacies, but I think I'm good.
ETA: WA just moved its wide open date from May 1 to April 15. Yippee!
“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” -- Voltaire
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:38 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:41 pm
ETA: WA just moved its wide open date from May 1 to April 15. Yippee!

image upload
Chap
2nd Counselor

Post by Chap »

It is now about 18 hours since my first Pfizer injection.

No notable symptoms apart from a mild ache at the injection site, where there is neither swelling nor redness, nor indeed any visible evidence that skin penetration has recently taken place.

I did my morning workout without problems of any kind.
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Xenophon
Nursery

Post by Xenophon »

I received my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine yesterday. It was a drive through hub that was very quick and efficient, the longest wait I had was the 30 minutes they held me after for observation (I've had issues with some medications in the past so my hold time was longer). The entire ordeal took about 35 minutes.

My only side effect has been some serious soreness at the injection site. Even though I had it done on the side I don't normally sleep on it still managed to wake me up a few times during the night. I was honestly expecting to feel worse as I've heard those that already had COVID often experience more side effects due to your body already recognizing the virus strain and being ready to fight back.
“If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation.”
― Xenophon
Moksha
Savior (resurrected state)

Post by Moksha »

Religious huckster who preached "Jesus was the true vaccine" went ahead and got the shot.

https://www.comicsands.com/televangelis ... 93166.html
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Chap
2nd Counselor

Post by Chap »

Chap wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:47 am
It is now about 18 hours since my first Pfizer injection.

No notable symptoms apart from a mild ache at the injection site, where there is neither swelling nor redness, nor indeed any visible evidence that skin penetration has recently taken place.

I did my morning workout without problems of any kind.
Well, two days after the injection and there is now no discomfort at all in the arm. I feel completely normal. I look forward to my follow-up dose in a few weeks.
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

I’m sitting in observation after my dose of Moderna. The whole drive-through suite feels like a party! Everyone from the nurses to the parking lot folks is in a happy, festive mood. As I rounded the last corner to the tents, I teared up with a rush of excitement, happiness and relief. I know it’s not over, but experiencing a scientific wonder like this is a rare thing for me.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Moksha wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:45 am
Religious huckster who preached "Jesus was the true vaccine" went ahead and got the shot.

https://www.comicsands.com/televangelis ... 93166.html
Somewhere in my online life I read something about a fringe group saying the vaccines are the Mark of the Beast. Um...maybe they should break out their Bibles again, huh?
ajax18
High Priest

Post by ajax18 »

I got the vaccine as well. Just like having COVID, I haven't felt a single symptom.