Trump poised for a Coup?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

Re: Trump poised for a Coup?

Post by Philo Sofee »

Gunnar wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:53 am
Philo Sofee wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:21 pm
Donald Trump is not going to pull a coup. True, he's pouting like an immature brat and kicking his feet and holding his breath until he turns blue, but he simply does not have the capability to have a coup. Our government is stronger than to let a moron like Trump steal an election.
He may not have the capability to pull off a coup, but he certainly has a fairly large coterie of enablers and supporters, at least some of which have the abilities, and quite possibly the nefarious aspiration to help him accomplish that for their own selfish, corrupt ends. I sometimes have a sneaking suspicion that Trump is merely a pawn or puppet of whomever is really and covertly running things.
I appreciate your concern and hope it won't pan out that way.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:55 am
So...where you or I might run through combo articles/books and video/television, he stays with exclusively auditory/visual (graphs/images) forms of information.
I discovered years ago that my learning was enhanced when there was an audio and visual component along with the necessary reading.

The Chief of Staff and the Generals should have brought in some artists from Pixar Studios to have dancing cheeseburgers present the maximal six-bullet points in the daily briefing, before golf.

Hope you optimists are right about the coup.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:00 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:51 am

Thanks. I should probably go through that once more in case I left something out. I was posting on the fly. If I think of something, I'll come back and add to it.

Until then...Covfefe.

;-)
What I most appreciate is your approach: people are the way they are because of things that happened to them. And then you use the skills you have to try and figure it out.
Thanks for noticing! One of the most important goals we have in ECE is to identify learning delays and refer children for services prior to kindergarten entry. I have been spit at, head butted (ow my nose!), kicked, told "I wish you would just go away" :-), and seen whole classrooms dismantled by many a frustrated child who had "issues" of one kind or another. Though, I am pretty adept at dodging personal injury and I hate the word "issues" by the way. We learn to identify and remove our own biases (the child who acted out) with regard to children and their parents (mainly their personal lives). You learn to look at the parts that make up the whole.

The child's behavior means something.
The child's frustration means something.
The parenting means something.

If the child is yelling all the time, can s/he hear? If the child doesn't attend to large group when you are putting up calendar pieces or labeling a graph, can s/he see? Do the words that the child sees scramble in their mind? What if the child never speaks? Do they have selective mutism? Do they suffer from anxiety? Apraxia of speech? Are they learning dual languages at the same time?

I mean, there all kinds of combined reasons and explanations for what we observe in children. Our job is to notice it, follow it, and see if support is called for.

Same thing with Trump. His behavior means something.

It's not just his arrogance.
It's not just his bravado.
It's not just his blowhard speeches and posturing.
It's not just his self interest.
It's not just his impulse to lie.
It's not just his sharpie notes.
It's not just his inability to read the name of Yosemite.
It's not just that he acts like a gigantic asshole.

Those are all parts of the whole that were once a developing child whose development I am fully convinced was thwarted. In Trump's case, by the family culture created by Fred Trump who was very likely (I'd bet my house on this if I didn't need somewhere to sleep tonight) raised by the same type of person(s) that could be attributed to any number of kinds of abuses and/or neglect in his own childhood.

Do you honestly think that when Mary Trump was recovering from serious and long term illness, that anyone put little Donny on their lap and read stories to him? Read the same stories to him over and over again until he began to connect the illustrations with the text,etc.? Do you think that either of his parents ever spent time really talking TO him and not AT him? If he wasn't doing well in school do you think Fred worked with him at home? Or did Fred tell him to "Shape up!"

Have you heard Trump EVER mention a book when he wasn't speaking about books authored by himself?

I wonder how many times he had to lie to his father and find ways to compensate in order to avoid punishment? If you ask me, the DJT we see right now flashing across our screens is well practiced at that.

It's not like the words "I HATE THAT MAN'S damned GUTS!" have never left my lips. But, if you look at him as a subject of observation, you can say that I hate what he does and I want to know WHY he does it.

We are all the sum total of our own experiences, particularly early experiences that served to shape our personalities and our behaviors, and so it is with DJT.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Moksha wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:21 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:55 am
So...where you or I might run through combo articles/books and video/television, he stays with exclusively auditory/visual (graphs/images) forms of information.
I discovered years ago that my learning was enhanced when there was an audio and visual component along with the necessary reading.
That's why you see those methods used in combination in today's classrooms K-Uni. They are techniques intended to meet the overall needs of a class and reinforce learning. One group of needs that often goes overlooked in classrooms (primarily by female teachers) is that of the kinesthetic learner.
The Chief of Staff and the Generals should have brought in some artists from Pixar Studios to have dancing cheeseburgers present the maximal six-bullet points in the daily briefing, before golf.
Quite frankly, that would have helped! Only the CoS and Gen's aren't there to attend to the learning deficits of the President.
Hope you optimists are right about the coup.
We're gonna find out! Me, I'm taking cover in my woods.

HEY!!! I got something to show you guys! WAIT LET ME POST IT!!!
Last edited by Jersey Girl on Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Got a little excited there! I did a thing! I talk all the time about how I live in the sticks. I got a nice pic today of my "sticks" and what I live with. If it weren't for examining Cam's previous posts with images I would have never learned how to do this!

This should be a nice mental break on the thread. This guy trapped me in the car when I got home earlier. I had to wait until he moved on before I could get out of the car so I snapped his photo! I was parked like 10-12 feet away from him.

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Gorgeous pic!
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

Okay, here's an interesting scenario: Trump flies to Mar a Lago for the holidays and never comes back. Guess what happens after the Inauguration at Mar a Lago?
People wrote:Though President Donald Trump isn't yet ready to concede the election to President-elect Joe Biden, his last day in office will be Jan. 20, after which some parts of his life will return to what they once were.

Certainly that will be true at his Mar-a-Lago Club in Florida, at least, where a helipad for Marine One can no longer be used once Trump leaves office.

Though the town of Palm Beach doesn't usually allow non-emergency helicopters, it made a special exception for Trump after he was sworn into office in 2017, issuing a permit that would allow his members-only club to accommodate the 25,000-lb. Marine One.

Though neighbors weren't initially keen on the idea when it was presented in 2017, arguing that the down draft and noise would be disruptive, town officials argued that it would be a better option than the traffic jams caused by a motorcade coming to and from the airport.

In January 2017, Palm Beach's town council unanimously approved a permit for Mar-a-Lago — the so-called "Winter White House" where Trump spends much of his downtime — to construct a 50-foot concrete helipad on which Marine One could land.

The project's architect told the Sun-Sentinel it was constructed using funds from the club.

But the permit was "only granted on a contingency basis," according to Michelle Sentmanat, senior permit coordinator at the Town of Palm Beach. She tells PEOPLE the permit specified that the helipad could only be used for business related to the presidency and could no longer be used once Trump was out of office.

It does appear that some of those rules may have been broken in the past, however. Residents have noted that other helicopters bearing the Trump name (i.e. those not connected to the presidency, but to Trump's private businesses) have been seen parked on the pad in the past.

Come Jan. 20, the day Trump leaves office under the Constitution, that will change. Air traffic of any kind will no longer be permitted to land on the helipad.

At that point, says Sentmanat, Mar-a-Lago will need to apply for another permit from the town of Palm Beach: to demolish and remove the structure and re-sod and irrigate the empty space.
So Donald, if you have any company helicopters squatting at Mar a Lago, might be time to make other arrangements.

The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:38 am
Gorgeous pic!
Thanks! It looks like a painting on this screen but yeah, that's what passes for my "yard" and one of the adult mule deer that we share space with. He has a doe and two fawns, though I'm pretty sure he gets around. ;-)

Not intended to derail! Just a little pause.

Slava Ukraini!
Meadowchik
Priest

Post by Meadowchik »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:40 am
Okay, here's an interesting scenario: Trump flies to Mar a Lago for the holidays and never comes back. Guess what happens after the Inauguration at Mar a Lago?
People wrote:Though President Donald Trump isn't yet ready to concede the election to President-elect Joe Biden, his last day in office will be Jan. 20, after which some parts of his life will return to what they once were.

Certainly that will be true at his Mar-a-Lago Club in Florida, at least, where a helipad for Marine One can no longer be used once Trump leaves office.

Though the town of Palm Beach doesn't usually allow non-emergency helicopters, it made a special exception for Trump after he was sworn into office in 2017, issuing a permit that would allow his members-only club to accommodate the 25,000-lb. Marine One.

Though neighbors weren't initially keen on the idea when it was presented in 2017, arguing that the down draft and noise would be disruptive, town officials argued that it would be a better option than the traffic jams caused by a motorcade coming to and from the airport.

In January 2017, Palm Beach's town council unanimously approved a permit for Mar-a-Lago — the so-called "Winter White House" where Trump spends much of his downtime — to construct a 50-foot concrete helipad on which Marine One could land.

The project's architect told the Sun-Sentinel it was constructed using funds from the club.

But the permit was "only granted on a contingency basis," according to Michelle Sentmanat, senior permit coordinator at the Town of Palm Beach. She tells PEOPLE the permit specified that the helipad could only be used for business related to the presidency and could no longer be used once Trump was out of office.

It does appear that some of those rules may have been broken in the past, however. Residents have noted that other helicopters bearing the Trump name (i.e. those not connected to the presidency, but to Trump's private businesses) have been seen parked on the pad in the past.

Come Jan. 20, the day Trump leaves office under the Constitution, that will change. Air traffic of any kind will no longer be permitted to land on the helipad.

At that point, says Sentmanat, Mar-a-Lago will need to apply for another permit from the town of Palm Beach: to demolish and remove the structure and re-sod and irrigate the empty space.
So Donald, if you have any company helicopters squatting at Mar a Lago, might be time to make other arrangements.

Thing is, all former presidents are still allowed a one million dollar annual travel allowance. It is meant for official activity connected to the role as former president, though. eta: but experience would indicate that Trump would use that however he can. So Palm Peach is not off the hook yet.
Last edited by Meadowchik on Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Found these comments by Cohen. Listen to what he has to say. Video should be time stamped where he begins.

Michael Cohen warns lame duck Trump- big legalprobs inbound - Trump on losing slippery slide

https://youtu.be/c-rEYF938d8?t=96

RI if you are reading here, notice when Cohen says "He doesn't read". ;-) That's not why I'm posting it. It's because Cohen is Trump savvy.

Slava Ukraini!