Trump ended COVID19

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Some Schmo
God

Re: Trump ended COVID19

Post by Some Schmo »

It occurs to me that the right wing complaint that the left calls them stupid is a little bit like Trump's complaint that testing exposes COVID cases. Testing for COVID points out cases of COVID.

The GOP base are idiots (those cases abundantly exist), but they just don't want you to point it out.

Seriously, they don't really care that they're stupid; they obviously revel in stupidity. They just don't want the fact spoken out loud.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Some Schmo wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:37 am
It occurs to me that the right wing complaint that the left calls them stupid is a little bit like Trump's complaint that testing exposes COVID cases. Testing for COVID points out cases of COVID.

The GOP base are idiots (those cases abundantly exist), but they just don't want you to point it out.

Seriously, they don't really care that they're stupid; they obviously revel in stupidity. They just don't want the fact spoken out loud.
It is much like how flat earthers are highly indignant at being called stupid and ignorant for continuing to promote the idea that the world is flat, despite the incontrovertible evidence that it is a spinning globe.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Just yesterday on a friend’s Facebook wall, a Trump supporter stepped into an ongoing discussion to point out the “substantial” achievements of Trump. On that list were such things as “pro patriotism” and “pro freedom.” I got a good chuckle out of this fellow’s claim that jingoistic mantras represent “substance.” That doesn’t strike me as particularly bright thinking, and yet it is the kind of cogitation one frequently sees in the ranks of besotted Trumpsters.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Kishkumen wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:55 am
I got a good chuckle out of this fellow’s claim that jingoistic mantras represent “substance.”
That is really not surprising. If people listen to Trump and think they are listening to substance, than anything and everything is substance to them. Trump is the most vacuous speaker I've ever heard. You get more intellectual substance listening to a babbling creek.

I think the biggest reason I can't see Trump supporters as anything but moronic is that they don't seem to be embarrassed by their support. If they had a brain, they'd understand that Trump support is shameful. Of course, if you live in a community of people who are all walking around under the cult spell, there's no embarrassment because you're all getting your intellectual incest on together.

On the flip side, Trump support must be quite effortless. All it takes is to lie constantly, shamelessly, and without regard to what they previously said, exalt in hypocrisy, and ignore obvious facts. Pretty simple if your brain is low grade.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Some Schmo wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:32 pm
Kishkumen wrote:
I got a good chuckle out of this fellow’s claim that jingoistic mantras represent “substance.”
That is really not surprising. If people listen to Trump and think they are listening to substance, than anything and everything is substance to them. Trump is the most vacuous speaker I've ever heard. You get more intellectual substance listening to a babbling creek.

I think the biggest reason I can't see Trump supporters as anything but moronic is that they don't seem to be embarrassed by their support. If they had a brain, they'd understand that Trump support is shameful. Of course, if you live in a community of people who are all walking around under the cult spell, there's no embarrassment because you're all getting your intellectual incest on together.

On the flip side, Trump support must be quite effortless. All it takes is to lie constantly, shamelessly, and without regard to what they previously said, exalt in hypocrisy, and ignore obvious facts. Pretty simple if your brain is low grade.
Ah.....so that explains Utah's Trump propensities.......
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

So, despite Trump ending the pandemic Covid-19 infections surpassed 2800 yesterday here in Utah.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Xenophon
Savior (resurrected state)

Post by Xenophon »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:38 pm
So, despite Trump ending the pandemic Covid-19 infections surpassed 2800 yesterday here in Utah.

- Doc
Just imagine how bad it would be if he hadn't done such great work!
He/Him

“If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation.”
― Xenophon
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Kishkumen wrote:
Just yesterday on a friend’s Facebook wall, a Trump supporter stepped into an ongoing discussion to point out the “substantial” achievements of Trump. On that list were such things as “pro patriotism” and “pro freedom.” I got a good chuckle out of this fellow’s claim that jingoistic mantras represent “substance.” That doesn’t strike me as particularly bright thinking, and yet it is the kind of cogitation one frequently sees in the ranks of besotted Trumpsters.
That person is simply mirroring Trump. If you think you're going to get details or specifics of ANYTHING from Trump, you'd be sorely disappointed. Details and specifics are exactly what I want. I'm not very smart about politics but I do think I've learned more in the past 4 years via my own investigation/research, reading discussions on this forum and posing questions.

What I keep coming back to when I look back over the past 4 years are the continuous claims that Trump has done more for (fill in the blank) than any other president or saying how much he loves this country and it's people.

Really? WHERE can I see that? Because if he did what he or his surrogates claim, I would be happy to acknowledge it. I'm left with two options.

1. He took positive action to the benefit of the country and the media simply refuses to report it.
2. He did no such thing and chose to cover it up with his constant pot stirring.

Because if I were President and I had the mic any time I wanted it, I would be stuffing the American people full of my accomplishments on their behalf including how I put it together and with whom.

What I will remember about the past 4 years about Trump is constant unrest, chaos, pot stirring, controversy, scandal, and this year, large swaths of the American public sick and dying, while he failed to use his presidential powers to provide relief. He blew a pandemic response. He will continue to blow it through January (regardless of who wins the presidency) and when the vaccines roll out, he'll take credit for it.

We are largely on our own unless and until Biden is sworn in as President of the United States.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Xenophon wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:15 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:38 pm

- Doc
You know what gets me? Whenever ajax says he wants such and such a thing and how Trump is giving it to him.

From all I have seen, read and followed (and I've been following Trump's every move for 4 years) he's been gaslighting his supporters the whole entire time and if he's giving them anything well...yeah he's been giving them something I probably shouldn't say here.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:54 pm
Xenophon wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:15 pm
You know what gets me? Whenever ajax says he wants such and such a thing and how Trump is giving it to him.

From all I have seen, read and followed (and I've been following Trump's every move for 4 years) he's been gaslighting his supporters the whole entire time and if he's giving them anything well...yeah he's been giving them something I probably shouldn't say here.
He's giving them words, promises based on mere words. It reminds entirely of Mormon church leaders in the Utah hierarchy. It's all just words.