Trump ended COVID19

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Trump ended COVID19

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctors get it.
Nurses get it.
Fauci gets it.
Birx gets it.
Redfield gets it.
Biden gets it.
Europe gets it.
Johnson gets it.

Who doesn't get it? Sleazy Don doesn't get it.

Johnson manages to deliver in 11 minutes what Trump hasn't been able to in...8 months?

Boris Johnson: England will enter second national lockdown
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFFtSQEgjUk

Pssst...the UK is getting at home tests with results in 10-15 minutes. Tests? What are tests?
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Moksha wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:43 am
Trump as King Noah:

How come King Noah looks so much like William Shatner in that picture?
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Check out the Snopes article on the guy above, and make sure you click on the links of the memes he posted:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/richa ... face-mask/

This is a direct result of people like ‘someone I won’t name out of respect to Jersey Girl’s sensibilities’, who ought to know better due to the line of work they’re in, but keeps pushing their ‘nothing burger’ nonsense. I sometimes wonder how many Americans would’ve been alive if our President had consistently pushed mask usage and social distancing as good measures to employ...

“On July 1, he wrote that he had been tested for COVID-19 after feeling “very sick the past few days.” Later the same day, Rose confirmed he had tested positive for the virus, and had been placed under quarantine for 14 days. Poignantly, he added, “Sucks because I had just started a new job.” The following day, he wrote ominously “This covid crap sucks! I’m so out of breath just sitting here.” Two days later, on July 4, Rose died at the age of 37.”

From the link it appears he attended some pool parties at a resort in June, which is probably where he picked up the virus. At least he supported the economy!

- Doc
Last edited by Doctor CamNC4Me on Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Gunnar wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:01 am
There is simply no way to spin away that glaring, incontrovertible fact and conclude that our nation's handling of the pandemic was at all competent or laudable, without revealing yourself to be either an abject fool or a pathological liar!
Amen.
“The past no longer belongs only to those who once lived it; the past belongs to those who claim it, and are willing to
explore it, and to infuse it with meaning for those alive today.”—Margaret Atwood
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Now he's getting into it with Fauci. If he wins it'll probably take him 5 seconds to get rid of Fauci and replace him with some guy off the street. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't do that sooner--if the election is called in favor of Biden, Trump has 2 months to keep playing around with the country.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Going back to the guy above, because I don't think anyone will actually click on the Snopes link and then click on the various embedded links in order to understand just how vile President Trump's "leadership" has been on people like the deceased, this guy had a compromised immune system. He seems to have understood the threat in March and April posting memes that cautioned people about the danger of the virus, and even asked about a good mask he should buy. Then something flipped in his brain in May. That's when he started to post anti-mask comments and decided to go about his business as if the virus wasn't a threat to his person. He attended his pool parties in June, caught the virus, and by the time he was diagnosed with the infection he was dead within days.

“F”. You. Subjenius.

“F”. You. Idiot Who Shall Not Be Named.

“F”. You. Trump.

Screw you. Republicans.

- Doc
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

What the folks who talk survivability don’t understand is the consequences of for-profit healthcare on capacity. It’s not profitable to have empty ICU beds sitting around or to keep emergency room staff hanging around in case of pandemic. Moreover, ERs aren’t profit centers, so there is little incentive to invest in them. I don’t say this to argue that for-profit healthcare is bad — that would be a different discussion. I say this because the effects of a pandemic disease like COVID-19 aren’t limited to deaths. Fatality rate is one party of the story, but isn’t all of it by a long shot.

Basic economics tells us that we should only expect excess capacity in our hospital system to reflect the typical range of fluctuations in a given year. That does not include capacity to handle a widespread pandemic. So, here’s description of what a COVID-19 spike looks like from inside an ER.

https://m.dailykos.com/stories/1991359

I’ve seen lots of similar stories posted by doctors and nurses. This just happens to be one I saw today. For the healthcare workers, this is war. And just as war degraded the strength of an army, COVID-19 is degrading the strength of our hospitals. This is on top of what overrunning hospital capacity does to everyone who needs hospital care.

Our present federal government strategy of “herd immunity but don’t call it that” treats days as the only cost and ignores the capacity of our health care system. The 1.5-3 million deaths is only part of the cost. An enormous cost would result from an enormous number of Americans needing hospital care at the same time. That’s the problem facing us now, just as it was in March. We’ve gotten better at keeping people from dying, but we do that by using better treatment protocols in hospitals.

This problem was discussed during the early partial lockdowns. If lockdowns are the only tool we are willing to use, then we will have to use them repeatedly. (Google “The Hammer and the Dance”). The better way is to use all the tools we have. We aren’t, and so we’re seeing the effects in several states, with more to come.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:28 pm
Going back to the guy above, because I don't think anyone will actually click on the Snopes link and then click on the various embedded links in order to understand just how vile President Trump's "leadership" has been on people like the deceased, this guy had a compromised immune system. He seems to have understood the threat in March and April posting memes that cautioned people about the danger of the virus, and even asked about a good mask he should buy. Then something flipped in his brain in May. That's when he started to post anti-mask comments and decided to go about his business as if the virus wasn't a threat to his person. He attended his pool parties in June, caught the virus, and by the time he was diagnosed with the infection he was dead within days.

[vulgarity]. You. Subjenius.

[vulgarity]. You. Idiot Who Shall Not Be Named.

[vulgarity]. You. Trump.

[vulgarity] You. Republicans.

- Doc
I read it. Young guy who served his country. He deserved better from his country.
he/him

Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:55 pm
Now he's getting into it with Fauci. If he wins it'll probably take him 5 seconds to get rid of Fauci and replace him with some guy off the street. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't do that sooner--if the election is called in favor of Biden, Trump has 2 months to keep playing around with the country.
He’s done with Fauci what he does with anyone in government who won’t lie to support what he wants to be true: Fauci is the deep state trying to sabotage his presidency. He’s the whipping boy for the last two days of the campaign.
he/him