Trump ended COVID19

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: Trump ended COVID19

Post by Res Ipsa »

In today's WHO press conference, they discussed the fact that in countries that are having trouble suppressing the disease, people are not following the guidelines on isolating when sick and quarantining when exposed. That's not a shocker in the U.S., where having to put on a cloth face covering is equated with tyranny.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:10 pm
When asked for a comment, Covid-19 replied "Well call me Jesus, because there's going to be a resurrection."

We are going to have a spike this winter. To manage the crisis, we will in a probability have a lame duck President whose primary concern will be trying to litigate his way into a second term.

I think we are in for dark days ahead.
The spike in numbers of cases has already arrived. Several weeks behind are the spikes in hospitalizations and deaths. Hospitals in several states are already having their ICUs overrun.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

99,321 new cases yesterday. We've rounded the corner, and come to the edge of a cliff.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
subgenius
Stake President

Post by subgenius »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:41 pm
99,321 new cases yesterday. We've rounded the corner, and come to the edge of a cliff.
How so? with a +99% survivability rate, and total deaths less than many many other medical circumstances, I am curious about the source of your mania....is it....per chance....maybe....#tds?
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

subgenius wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:40 pm
MeDotOrg wrote:
How so? with a +99% survivability rate, and total deaths less than many many other medical circumstances, I am curious about the source of your mania....is it....per chance....maybe....#tds?
A total of 9,111,013 confirmed cases and 230,320 confirmed deaths does not calculate to a +99% survival rate. It is just over a 97% survival rate. And this does not count the afflicted who are yet to die. Where did you learn how to do math? It is unbelievable to me that you can really yet remain so clueless as to deny that Trump's administration has done a terrible job of confronting the the pandemic compared to almost all, if not actually all other national governments!

The fact still remains that the USA with just under 4.5% of the worlds population has nearly 20% of all known cases of COVID-19 and more than 19% of the deaths, more than India and China combined, the two most populous nations on earth, with a combined total population of well over 8 times the U.S. population. There is simply no way to spin away that glaring, incontrovertible fact and conclude that our nation's handling of the pandemic was at all competent or laudable, without revealing yourself to be either an abject fool or a pathological liar!
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

MeDotOrg wrote:
More recent update: 101,040 new cases yesterday and 1,040 new deaths. And, as already noted, this recent massive surge in number of new cases is likely to result in a similarly massive number of hospitalizations and deaths about two weeks following the beginning of the surge.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

MeDotOrg wrote:
With no brakes.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

subgenius wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:40 pm
MeDotOrg wrote:
Because people are SICK you daft dim bulb.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

delete
Last edited by Jersey Girl on Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Slava Ukraini!
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Trump as King Noah:

Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace