Trump ended COVID19

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Trump ended COVID19

Post by Jersey Girl »

Censor mode is in on. Fix your settings if you don't want to enable it.
Last edited by Jersey Girl on Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:38 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:55 pm
Now he's getting into it with Fauci. If he wins it'll probably take him 5 seconds to get rid of Fauci and replace him with some guy off the street. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't do that sooner--if the election is called in favor of Biden, Trump has 2 months to keep playing around with the country.
He’s done with Fauci what he does with anyone in government who won’t lie to support what he wants to be true: Fauci is the deep state trying to sabotage his presidency. He’s the whipping boy for the last two days of the campaign.
I don't know the answer to this question: Is Fauci a Federal Civil Servant or an appointment? Being lazy not searching it up for myself.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Fauci is a career status Federal Civil Servant. Therefore, Trump cannot outright "fire" him. I was a career status Fed Civ Serv and I know this to be true.

I'd almost bet he can fiddle with Fauci's job description and therefore eradicate his ability to speak publicly by re-routing his communication to the point where it comes directly out of the White House via the communications director.

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:51 pm
Fauci is a career status Federal Civil Servant. Therefore, Trump cannot outright "fire" him. I was a career status Fed Civ Serv and I know this to be true.

I'd almost bet he can fiddle with Fauci's job description and therefore eradicate his ability to speak publicly by re-routing his communication to the point where it comes directly out of the White House via the communications director.
He can remove him from the task force. And I agree with what you say about communications.

ETA: here’s a compiled Twitter thread with a pretty good overview with where we are today. https://threader.app/thread/1322324967795662854
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:57 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:51 pm

He can remove him from the task force. And I agree with what you say about communications.

ETA: here’s a compiled Twitter thread with a pretty good overview with where we are today. https://threader.app/thread/1322324967795662854
I'll have to check that later, RI. I'm butt deep in food storage and just on a little break. I am sure he can influence Fauci's job description and the applicable regs. If he can deregulate the EPA or what have you, he can certainly get inside the regs needed to change the routing system and in turn, Fauci's job description to limit his ability to communicate publicly. Like I said, simply re-route the chain of command (if you will) with regard to his official communication and filter it through the White House itself. Thinking like a psycho criminal here...

I worked in civil service for a number of years. One of my first jobs in a clerical position was updating revisions to the regs by pen and ink prior to them being being reprinted as individual pages. Eventually the entire regulation is reprinted. So yeah, Trump could pen and ink Fauci right out of the ability to communicate publicly and as you said, he could remove him from the task force and I dunno, replace him with Mickey Mouse if he wants to. Or Tiffany.

I am sure he could do that and I am sure that he would because it's next to impossible to fire a career status civil servant.

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

My limited understanding is Fauci can be demoted or fired from his NIH position for cause and only by the NIH Director HHS Secretary. If he's fired, he can appeal on the basis that his firing violated civil service rules. I don't think Collins at NIH would fire Fauci. Would Azar fire him if ordered to? I dunno. Would Trump fire Azar if he didn't fire Fauci after being ordered to? I dunno. From an election standpoint, I think Fauci is more useful to Trump as a deep state traitor, so I wouldn't expect anything before the election. If Trump wins, I expect the heads of NIH institutes to be changed to political appointees, and those who don't toe the Trump line to be replaced. If Biden wins, I think Fauci's job is secure and we'll be hearing more from him.
he/him

canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

From the obituary:
He enjoyed social media, online streaming, paranormal and his two cats Dale and Tucker.
To properly honor his memory, that should have been Tucker and Dale.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:44 pm
If Biden wins, I think Fauci's job is secure and we'll be hearing more from him.
Not if Trump manages to can and replace him before Inauguration Day.

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:34 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:44 pm
If Biden wins, I think Fauci's job is secure and we'll be hearing more from him.
Not if Trump manages to can and replace him before Inauguration Day.
I suspect the appeals process takes longer than that.
he/him

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Call. me. a. prophet.

Trump suggests he might fire Fauci after election

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/02/politics ... index.html

Fauci

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdOd7jhNPaM

Slava Ukraini!