Rock n' Roll Rabbit Hole (Took a turn for the Stones and more)

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Re: Rock n' Roll Rabbit Hole

Post by MeDotOrg »

Rock and Roll imagined in a Post Covid Universe.

Check out Mick Jagger and Dave Grohl's "Eazy Sleazy"
It will be a memory you're trying to remember to forget.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:46 am
Surprise
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGLGzRXY5Bw
I would be dollars to donuts that this is being done in conjunction with the Peter Jackson Beatles Film. They have to be remix a lot of music into 5:1 for the movie.

A friend of mine saw an interview with McCartney who said he was very happy with the rough cut.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
- Edwin Land
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:28 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:46 am
Surprise
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGLGzRXY5Bw
I would be dollars to donuts that this is being done in conjunction with the Peter Jackson Beatles Film. They have to be remix a lot of music into 5:1 for the movie.

A friend of mine saw an interview with McCartney who said he was very happy with the rough cut.
No idea. It looks like the video was posted in 2015. Did you notice in the beginning where George tells Paul, "John's mic is crap"? In another version they actually quote that over the video. 8-) It's in this split screen version side by side of takes 1 and 2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2GPYjSiggo

I've seen the video you linked to. Sounds good to me!
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

MeDot do you think this is going to be part of Get Back? I thought I read somewhere that the project was started then put on hold for a while?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLRiGX3L-kw

Slava Ukraini!
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

At the beginning of the video Jackson talks about how (post) production in New Zealand is able to proceed because of the low rate of Covid. Perhaps they will want to shoot some footage to tie it all together, but I would imagine that 95% will be on existing material. Once the original source material has been scanned, the movie 'production' really takes place on editing machine consoles. I'm sure there are still holdups, but nowhere near the complication of shooting entirely new material with a large production company.
- Will Durant
- Edwin Land
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

I don't think I've posted this before.

In August 1965, The Beatles did the first ever concert at the new Shea Stadium.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6DfG7sml-Q

In Nov 2013, Paul McCartney did the "Last play at Shea" before Shea was demolished.

(Love the intro to this that explains how it was pulled off and shows Paul behind the scenes when he arrives and starts playing his base before he takes the stage. Don't miss the detail about the driver or the guitar salute at the end. It's just so freaking cool!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg2un-NGlmc

Slava Ukraini!
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

Great story about McCartney getting to the Billy Joel show.

One time I saw Loggins & Messina in a gym at University of California Northridge. The opening act was this guy who had just released a song called Piano Man. So I think the first time I heard Billy Joel was live. You knew he was going places.
- Will Durant
- Edwin Land
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Holy cats I've never seen this. :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y1wSvfrfYw

Probably every single song I've posted on this and the old board has a memory attached to it. This one has something to do with a basement in North Jersey in the dead of winter. I ain't tellin' the rest. 8-)

Slava Ukraini!
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

Today I was thinking about listening to the Rolling Stones in 1965. I bought the first 45 of Satisfaction sold in Menlo Park, California. (I happened to be in the store when the shipment arrived.) In 56 years I'd be listening to Mick Jagger sing to the world from his house, telling the story of year's worth of a Global Pandemic. The song would be instantly transmitted and watched by a billion people on computers that sat on your desk or a telephone with a television screen that fit in your pocket. I would listen to the song on my own computer, while watching a video of the first helicopter to fly on Mars.

How did we get from there to here? To quote another band, what a long, strange trip it's been.

It's all over now?
Last edited by MeDotOrg on Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Will Durant
- Edwin Land