Rock n' Roll Rabbit Hole (Took a turn for the Stones and more)

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Rock n' Roll Rabbit Hole (Took a turn for the Stones and more)

Post by Jersey Girl »

Hey honor here you go smart ass! #7 on the Hyde Park setlist. Time stamped for your convenience.

Living in a Ghost Town
https://youtu.be/W4rWrwRkNig?t=1989

Bonus: Here it is with what the old folks call moving pictures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNNPNweSbp8
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

honorentheos wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:24 pm
If the Stones are so good why are they playing songs from the 60s and 70s in all these clips?

Just messing with you, Jersey Girl. I don't think I could name five bands who put out relevant new music two decades after they achieved popularity.
Honorentheos, I realized what you meant after thinking, but it is now nearing six decades after they achieved
popularity. Then I thought Steel Wheels was strong new material over two decades after their start.

But the play list appears to be all from the first two decades.

So I was wondering if you had some candidates for your bands putting out relevant new material over two decades after they achieved popularity? I am having some difficulty with candidates. Would Bob Dylan count? He could be a one person band with everchanging assistants. His recent material is noticed by hard core fans. I doubt it has even a tiny fraction of the social impact his 60s material had however.

Grateful Dead stretched past two decades.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:02 pm
Hey honor here you go smart ass! #7 on the Hyde Park setlist. Time stamped for your convenience.

Living in a Ghost Town

Lol, thanks for pushing back. :) I can't say I'd put it up with their original material but I guess relevance is relative.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

honorentheos wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:32 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:02 pm

Living in a Ghost Town

Lol, thanks for pushing back. :) I can't say I'd put it up with their original material but I guess relevance is relative.

honor. Take my hand. Walk and talk...no one and I mean literally not one person on this forum...likes you.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

huckelberry wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:13 pm
honorentheos wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:24 pm
If the Stones are so good why are they playing songs from the 60s and 70s in all these clips?

Just messing with you, Jersey Girl. I don't think I could name five bands who put out relevant new music two decades after they achieved popularity.
Honorentheos, I realized what you meant after thinking, but it is now nearing six decades after they achieved
popularity. Then I thought Steel Wheels was strong new material over two decades after their start.

But the play list appears to be all from the first two decades.

So I was wondering if you had some candidates for your bands putting out relevant new material over two decades after they achieved popularity? I am having some difficulty with candidates. Would Bob Dylan count? He could be a one person band with everchanging assistants. His recent material is noticed by hard core fans. I doubt it has even a tiny fraction of the social impact his 60s material had however.

Grateful Dead stretched past two decades.
Good question that I had asked myself when I brought it up. Bowie's album Blackstar came to mind but it's difficult for me to distance it from his passing so I don't know if it's relevant. Most artist renaissance projects that come to mind aren't exactly because they were writing new music that was timely as their aesthetic found relevance. Johnny Cash falls into that category for me. Dylan? Hmmm. I can think of songs he wrote in the 90s that were timely even if he didn't perform them so he seems like a good candidate if one considers he had forty years of music behind him at that point.

Truth is the only band I could think of that seems to be just as popular today with new music drawing people to come see them are the Foo Fighters. Don't know. It's a tough industry and fans don't age like tastes do.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:43 pm
honorentheos wrote:

honor. Take my hand. Walk and talk...no one and I mean literally not one person on this forum...likes you.
Believe me, I don't care.
Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Post by Bret Ripley »

Jersey Girl wrote:
honorentheos wrote:

I hated him first. If anyone is keeping score.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Bret Ripley wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:20 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:

I hated him first. If anyone is keeping score.
Those seeking the distinction may be debatable enough I should figure out how to monetize it. Like an NFT avatar or something.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Stones support for Ukraine at Vienna concert yesterday! The young members of The Kyiv Youth Choir (wearing Stones logo in Ukrainian flag colors) will NEVER forget this. 8-)

You Can’t Always Get What You Want - Ukrainian Choir / The Rolling Stones - Vienna - 15th July 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwxBujAbnJ0

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Weekly booster of Honky Tonk. We love them guitar playin' gnarly fingers!

Mr. DeMille, they're ready for their close-up. 8-)

Honky Tonk Women - The Rolling Stones - Vienna - 15th July 2022

https://youtu.be/zqdHmS65OOI?t=92

Slava Ukraini!