Rock n' Roll Rabbit Hole (Took a turn for the Stones and more)

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Rock n' Roll Rabbit Hole (Took a turn for the Stones and more)

Post by Jersey Girl »

honorentheos wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:09 am
Hey Jersey Girl -

Maybe not up to classic Stones standards but better, anyway.

https://youtu.be/YEJd5xtbEPY?si=97W-RLhFUcizVa0p

Stones second single off the new album.
honor I posted about it here! I like it! It's very bluesy. Just the way I like the Stones!
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:10 am
honorentheos wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:09 am
Hey Jersey Girl -

Maybe not up to classic Stones standards but better, anyway.

https://youtu.be/YEJd5xtbEPY?si=97W-RLhFUcizVa0p

Stones second single off the new album.
honor I posted about it here! I like it! It's very bluesy. Just the way I like the Stones!
Sorry I missed it. :( Yeah, I like it much more than the first single. Though, YouTube read my mind because as it was coming to an end it gave a link to Gimme Shelter as a suggestion just after I had thought, "Ok, better. But I'd have preferred them rereleasing Gimme Shelter with Gaga and Stevie Wonder on it..."
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

I should add Gimme Shelter is a song I may enjoy in every cover or version of it I've heard. So translatable to so many different styles yet still hits every time. One of the masterpieces they wrote, for sure. So it's not fair to compare any song to it, really.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

honorentheos wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:14 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:10 am

Sorry I missed it. :( Yeah, I like it much more than the first single. Though, YouTube read my mind because as it was coming to an end it gave a link to Gimme Shelter as a suggestion just after I had thought, "Ok, better. But I'd have preferred them rereleasing Gimme Shelter with Gaga and Stevie Wonder on it..."
OOoo what an idea! I feel like Gaga sang it with them in concert. I'll look to find it.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

I deliver! :mrgreen:

The Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter (with Lady Gaga) (GRRR Live) 4K
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd0YcFWlvOc

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

honorentheos wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:18 am
I should add Gimme Shelter is a song I may enjoy in every cover or version of it I've heard. So translatable to so many different styles yet still hits every time. One of the masterpieces they wrote, for sure. So it's not fair to compare any song to it, really.
Yes I agree!

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

So I was leading up to something with the Nsync offerings here. Here it is. Their first recording in 23 years. Listen for it...

TROLLS BAND TOGETHER (2023) | Official Trailer #2 (ft. *NSYNC's "Better Place")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyo4uqxJpAw

I know. But it's a music related event nonetheless.

Slava Ukraini!
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:24 am

Damn. Thanks for sharing that!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

honorentheos wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:59 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:24 am

I'm so glad you liked it! You know when Lady Gaga hit the music scene, I didn't really pay any attention to her. I figured oh, another Madonna (whom I dislike profusely). How wrong I was! She's an exceptionally talented vocalist who can sing virtually any style of music and do justice to it. She's extraordinary and no autotune needed that is for sure! GS is not my favorite Stones song but she simply killed it in that video. Tiny girl, big voice, phenomenal stage presence!

Slava Ukraini!
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:06 am
honorentheos wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:59 am
I'm so glad you liked it! You know when Lady Gaga hit the music scene, I didn't really pay any attention to her. I figured oh, another Madonna (whom I dislike profusely). How wrong I was! She's an exceptionally talented vocalist who can sing virtually any style of music and do justice to it. She's extraordinary and no autotune needed that is for sure! GS is not my favorite Stones song but she simply killed it in that video. Tiny girl, big voice, phenomenal stage presence!
I had similar opinions about her. Meat dress? Ok, pop star. Maybe it was after A Star is Born, maybe the Tony Bennett collaboration and tributes, but somewhere in there her voice got past the image for me, too. I don't listen to her music but if I see her singing on something I would like otherwise, I now expect it to be elevated by her. And Gimme Shelter just rocks. :)