The gospel of Q

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Gadianton
God

The gospel of Q

Post by Gadianton »

In an effort to better understand where subs and Ajax are coming from, I've done some light reading on the origins of Q.

It all started on a Saturday, the twenty-eighth of October 2017 in the twilight hours of Daylight Savings, with news that the Mueller probe had their first indictment ready to go. The indictment was sealed, thus, prompting speculation as to who had been indicted.
A federal grand jury on Friday approved the first charges in Special Counsel Robert Mueller's probe into Russian meddling in the 2016 election, CNN and then Reuters reported Friday evening. The indictment has been sealed, so it remains unknown who has been charged or what the charges may be, and Mueller's office declined to offer any comment. However, many have speculated the most likely subject of the indictment is President Trump's former campaign chair, Paul Manafort.
Okay, it really wasn't much to speculate about, but in the hands of the many right-wing peers of Ajax and subs, it was quite an exciting time.

On 4chan Politically Incorrect, this one guy starts a thread:
This One Guy's Thread wrote:Why are all the Fox anchors smiling. CNN MSNBC NBC are freaking out like election night
Um, yeah -- that's the entire OP. They really know how to get to the point over there.
A voice of (semi)reason wrote:It's most likely Manafort or some member of the DNC from this timeline alone. Or maybe some really low-level RNC guy. Who knows though.
The deal is, the public is expecting something against Trump, but if Fox is smiling and CNN is frowning, then maybe somebody on the Left is in trouble?

Some of the comments:
I would love it to be Podesta, but Mueller is a deep state agent so never ever.
CNN knows who it is. They aren't saying. So obvious it doesn't hurt Trump.
that they know of the indictment is a big story in and of itself, and puts them in a risky position - if they're spinning it as a big deal but aren't associating any names with it at all points to a story which doesn't help them.
Remember when CNN, NBC, ABC, and friends were ecstatic one election night? Declaring all of the wide margins by which Clinton would take home the election?? Today reminds me a lot of those legendary moments!
-----could be subs! ^^^^
Word is it's Manafort & Podestas.
laugh all you want, Nazis. When John Kelly gets arrested on Monday, I'll be there to wipe those smug looks from your faces.
But this other guy takes a new angle:
OtherGuy#1 wrote:Hillary Clinton will be arrested between 7:45 AM - 8:30 AM EST on Monday - the morning on Oct 30, 2017.
so specific and official, maybe there's something to it? (except it's still EDT until Nov. 5 and morning 'of' not 'on')

Some laugh and jeer at the revelation, but one poster responds seriously, mimicking the first's style:
OtherGuy#2 wrote:Hillary Clinton extradition already in motion effective yesterday with several countries in case of cross border run. Passport approved to be flagged effective 10/30 @ 12:01am. Expect massive riots organized in defiance and others fleeing the US to occur. US M’s will conduct the operation while NG activated. Proof check: Locate a NG member and ask if activated for duty 10/30 across most major cities.
Positioned two posts down from guy #2's post, girl #1 writes prophetically:
Girl#1 wrote:The calm is ending.
The storm approaches.
Other guy #1 responds to other guy #2:
OtherGuy#1 wrote:You are correct. Also anyone that may want evidence like you said, it is very simple for people to contact the National Guard like you stated. They are prepared for riots / happening on Monday and into the next week,

People may be surprised, but Hillary herself is getting arrested.
Several jeer OtherGuy#1, and to them he responds:
I really do not care if anyone wants to believe it is a "larp". Nor do I have any interest in proving my legitimacy. Just wait until Monday morning for the answer to your questions, as it is only 40 hours from now.
I have been busy, unable to reply. But yes, all of the files will come on, underacted. The only thing that will be withheld will be witnesses that are still alive or anyone they may be dead that could still cause fallout onto family members or friends of said people. There will be no protection or things withheld to protect anyone or anything, including the government bodies or officials.
What do you think we are doing? I'm telling you guys Hillary is getting arrested, and no one believes me just like the media do not. You will more than likely have to wait until Monday morning for your real proof unless a online media source picks up on it.
I'm not directly connected to the case, or investigation. I do know people that are. I however, will not risk exposing anyone because I do not want them removed from case matters because I want to know what is going down. Hillary's arrest is only the beginning. I expect the election anniversary to be wild.
It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Somebody asks OtherGuy#1 what his plan is and he responds, prophetically:
winning
OtherGuy#1 sure is putting on a show. He straightens up and speaks officially. He refers to himself as "we". He claims very specific information about the upcoming arrest of Hillary Clinton. He claims connection to insiders connected with the case. He claims to be part of a plan, and that Hillary Clinton's arrest is just the beginning. Are you thinking what I'm thinking? If so, you'll be scratching your head to learn that apparently, OtherGuy#1 with all his connections and inside knowledge is nobody -- just a random dude on 4chan lost to history. OtherGuy#2 is Q.

Obviously, "Q" originated riffing off of somebody else's gig. He often refers to "The calm before the storm" or the storm coming. Thanks girl#1!

You can find his known messages to the world archived here (and many other places). Press the arrow to the right of the search box to sort from earliest posts.

Though he takes generously from his peers, he works it into a style to call his own. Beginning with post#2, he writes lists of cryptic points or questions, but he doesn't sign his posts as 'Q' until several days into his career of question-asking soliloquy. Here is post#2:
Mockingbird
Hillary Clinton detained, not arrested (yet).
Where is Huma? Follow Huma.
This has nothing to do w/ Russia (yet).
Why does President surround himself w/ generals?
What is military intelligence?
Why go around the 3 letter agencies?
What Supreme Court case allows for the use of MI v Congressional assembled and approved agencies?
Who has ultimate authority over our branches of military w\o approval conditions unless 90+ in wartime conditions?
What is the military code?
Where is AW being held? Why?
President will not go on tv to address nation.
President must isolate himself to prevent negative optics.
President knew removing criminal rogue elements as a first step was essential to free and pass legislation.
Who has access to everything classified?
Do you believe Hillary Clinton, Soros, Obama etc have more power than Trump? Fantasy.
Whoever controls the office of the Presidecy controls this great land.
They never believed for a moment they (Democrats and Republicans) would lose control.
This is not a R v D battle.
Why did Soros donate all his money recently?
Why would he place all his funds in a RC?
Mockingbird 10.30.17
God bless fellow Patriots.
He's no Isaiah, but Dr. Welch could find chiastic elements in his writings I'm sure.

I originally thought "Q" referred to "questions". But within a few days, he refers to a 'Q' clearance, which is (allegedly) a high level security clearance. So "Q" probably refers to that; although it's debatable, because (apparently) this clearance is deep but narrow and "need to know" and wouldn't explain his vast range. Well, my money is that "Q" does refer to this clearance, and quite simply, Q didn't realize the limitations of the clearance. His expositors know far more than he does.

I'd be curious to learn just when he became a phenomena. His first few days of relentless posting attract mostly sarcasm. By late November, he's getting volleys of responses with thanks, and offers to spread the word, but this is all on 4chan, an anime site for feisty young punks.

His posts are interminably boring and can be explained by a moderate diet of right-wing news sources and conspiracy literature. Like Joseph Smith, he played it as he went. Though everything he predicts, beginning with his very first post, is proven wrong if it's not false on its face, he apparently like Smith, knows how to play that too. For three years now, fantastic things are sure to happen and nothing can stop them, but they never come.

Anyway, I had set out to dig a little more into this but we'll see. I kid you not, reading q-drops will make you appreciate the Book of Mormon.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: The gospel of Q

Post by Jersey Girl »

Darn. it. Got a little excited when I saw the title.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Thanks for that history. It's depressing, but informative.

I've come to the conclusion that the saying about people living in quiet desperation is about as true as it gets. These people are damned sad.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

If everyone would just wait a couple of hundred years for Star Trek, all will be revealed:

The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Thanks for posting the origins of Q, Dean Robbers. Quite by chance, I stumbled upon an excellent analysis of QAnon written by a game designer. https://medium.com/curiouserinstitute/a ... 0972548be5
If you’ve ever done a live escape room, or made a purchase from the Mysterious Package Company, or played games like Unlock or Escape, you’ll recognize what the author is talking about immediately.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:44 pm
If everyone would just wait a couple of hundred years for Star Trek, all will be revealed:

Lola. Q's episodes were something else. I loved them but wow such powers!!
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:07 pm
Thanks for posting the origins of Q, Dean Robbers. Quite by chance, I stumbled upon an excellent analysis of QAnon written by a game designer. https://medium.com/curiouserinstitute/a ... 0972548be5
If you’ve ever done a live escape room, or made a purchase from the Mysterious Package Company, or played games like Unlock or Escape, you’ll recognize what the author is talking about immediately.
Just started reading, but I am hooked:
The object they were looking for was barely hidden and the clue was easy. It was Scooby Doo easy. I definitely expected no trouble in this part of the game. But there was trouble. I didn’t know it then, but its name was APOPHENIA.

Apophenia is : “the tendency to perceive a connection or meaningful pattern between unrelated or random things (such as objects or ideas)”
Thanks, RI. This is going to be very interesting.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

From Res's article:
Let’s think about this for a minute. How many great movies, books, and TV shows would have been forever ruined if the mysterious stranger just laid it all out for the protagonists in the first meeting. “Jim did it. It’s Jim. He’s laundering money for the mob.
Perhaps this is where OtherGuy#1 went wrong. Recall, he's the one who claimed intimate knowledge of Hillary Clinton's forthcoming arrest. Q, a fiction guy, was the only poster to riff off of that, knowing it was an intentional fabrication and mimicking OtherGuy#1's literalistic military speak to build on it. OtherGuy#1 responded to Q's point about the national guard, indicating he too was aware of it, who wasn't? Anyone deep enough in state to know a national guard guy knew that something was going down Monday. But with the exception of Q, all others threw tomatoes at OtherGuy#1. Q quickly got out of that trade and went his own way.

I like the Game Designer's insights, but another point needs to be made about the "mysterious stranger". It's not only his question soliloquy that made him mysterious. His prose sucks. And it was several days into posting these stupid lists before anybody picked up on them. And he also had sarcasm leveled his way plenty of times. What really is striking about Q's style is that he holds himself above the fray. Where OtherGuy#1 got defensive and retorted with "nobody believes me" and "you'll all see!", Q doesn't respond to provocation and he stays impersonal. On a board like 4chan, that points to something being off, as hair-trigger flaming is what constitutes a conversation. He moves forward posting more lists and carries himself as if unconcerned whether or not anybody is noticing. Sort of like Rosebud in that one respect.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Another interesting analysis of Qanon as an ARG (Alternate Reality Game) https://threader.app/thread/1339045051859677186
he/him

Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

I’ve been a little puzzled by how quickly the Q-Anon conspiracy theories had taken off fairly recently. And then, when listening to a podcast interview of a CNN reporter who covers the extreme right, I learned there was a 10 part “documentary” by a Dutch woman with a history of promoting conspiracy theories. It’s called Fall of the Canal, and it’s the equivalent of “Loose Change” for the 911 conspiracy theories.

The reporter said she interviewed many Q-Anon disciples at the rally. One of the questions she asked them is whether they had seen the documentary. They all had.

I watched the first six or seven episodes, and now I get it. The film is classic CT propaganda. It begins with classic anomaly hunting, finding things that are “anomalies” only because they are misreported, taken out of context, or simply made up. The purpose is to lead the watcher to have an uneasy feeling that there is something big going on out there that is being hidden from them. And then the film goes on for 9 more episodes to reveal the hidden secrets.

This goes far beyond the garden variety conspiracy theory. It is powerful cult propaganda aimed squarely at resentful people looking for a target for their resentment. It casts “liberal elites” as the devil and Trump as savior (with Q being like a heavenly Messenger) in an existential struggle of God v. Evil.

And it perpetuates the biggest of lies — that Q disciples are researching and thinking for themselves when they are obviously not doing so. The film spoon feeds them a narrative then tells them what to “research.” It simply propels its viewers into confirmation bias. There is not a hint of skepticism, except towards all information sources that conflict with its dramatic and outright crazy assertions.

The cult-like mechanics are easy to see once you pay attention. The cult actively isolates its members from all other sources of information. Members are empowered with a “secret knowledge” hidden from the world. And there is apparently a warmth with which new recruits are treated that could be analogies to live bombing.

I think this film plays a critical role in explaining how so many people can be convinced of completely bat crap ideas in a relatively short period of time. You can find it by googling the title, although you might have to visit two or three different sites. (The one I used said it was all episodes, but was missing one.) If you do, then Google the title plus “debunk” Watching just one of the debunking videos, I was surprised at how much false or misleading information I had failed to spot.
he/him