Voter Fraud

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Some Schmo
God

Re: Voter Fraud

Post by Some Schmo »

ajax18 wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:23 pm
Flashback to 2016, C-Spans James Scott says it doesn't take a high level of sophistication to hack Dominion voting systems.
It doesn't take a high level of sophistication to get Trump fans to believe damned anything, except facts.

Of course, there's no such thing as a Trump fan who believes facts. Once someone absorbs facts, they can no longer support Trump (or they become another Trump asshole - but even then, they're damned daft on the facts).
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

ajax18 wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:23 pm
Flashback to 2016, C-Spans James Scott says it doesn't take a high level of sophistication to hack Dominion voting systems.

https://rumble.com/vbh9k3-it-doesn't-tak ... h&mc=aleum
And? Were they hacked?

Also, address RI's comment about Trump kneecapping the postal service.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

And? Were they hacked?
How dare you suggest such a thing that undermines the voters faith in our free and fair elections.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

And because of changes made by Trumps guy, including removal of mailboxes and dismantling of sorting machines, mail delivery was getting worse. Kneecapping is a pretty good term to describe what the administration did.
How much of an effect did this have on suppressing the vote this year?
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

ajax18 wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:50 pm
And because of changes made by Trumps guy, including removal of mailboxes and dismantling of sorting machines, mail delivery was getting worse. Kneecapping is a pretty good term to describe what the administration did.
Evidently not enough to stop enough Democrats voting to be expel Trump from the White House, thank goodness.

The point is, that Trump can have had no other purpose in removing mailboxes and dismantling sorting machines if he was not trying to slow down mail delivery, and hence reduce the number of mail voters whose vote arrived in time to get counted. And by doing that, he knew he would mainly prevent Democrat votes from being counted, didn't he?
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

ajax18 wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:48 pm
And? Were they hacked?
How dare you suggest such a thing that undermines the voters faith in our free and fair elections.
I didn't suggest it. You did. And you're ignoring RI's comments. Is this the moment where you pivot to some other accusation that you happen to read on a wingnut website?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

ajax18 wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:50 pm
I don’t know. There’s a court case in DC that has been collecting data on ballots the post office did not deliver before the deadlines in various states. I don’t know what the status of that case is. And I’m sure there will be many studies over the next few years on the effectiveness of and problems encountered with mail-in voting in this election. I expect that the post office’s role will be among them.

But what you are attempting to do here is compare apples to lawnmowers. There was a problem with the ability of the Post Offices ability to deliver the anticipated number of mail in ballots. De Joy had ordered changes in the post office that were resulting in a lower rate of on time delivery. Sorting machines were being dissembled. All facts known in advance of the election.

Because of this, people were able to adjust their behavior before the election. Lawsuits were filed and the post office was ordered to make changes to restore capacity. In mail in states, voters were told to either mail their ballots well ahead of the deadline or to place them in drop boxes to make sure that their votes arrived on time. In other words, a real problem was identified ahead of the election and people took steps to reduce the impact on the results of the election.

In contrast, all the little boys and girls now crying fraud haven’t shown the existence of an actual problem that affected the results of the election. All they have is generalized attacks on the honesty and integrity of thousands of citizens who work their asses off making our elections happen. That’s an attack based on wild speculation being used as an excuse to ignore the legitimate votes of millions of Americans. That undermines confidence in the election system itself. In contrast, no one had been complaining that the entire postal system itself was corrupt, with mail sorters throwing away ballots and mailmen delivering ballots to incinerators instead of to county officials.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
subgenius
Stake President

Post by subgenius »

canpakes wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:03 am
Not examples of registration ‘irregularities’.
how do you know these are examples of "irregularities"?
Or are you saying that fraud is "regular" and thus cannot be irregular?
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

subgenius wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:38 pm
canpakes wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:03 am
Examples of narrow and targeted voter fraud is what is wanted. Not examples of registration ‘irregularities’.
how do you know these are examples of "irregularities"?
Or are you saying that fraud is "regular" and thus cannot be irregular?
You need to explain why these anecdotes you’ve posted are examples of voter fraud. You haven’t done that yet.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Nomomo wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:38 pm
canpakes wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:09 pm

You need to explain why these anecdotes you’ve posted are examples of voter fraud. You haven’t done that yet.
subbie hasn't explained it simply because he is a filthy gawdammned unprincipled liar and he knows he is lying while doing so. subbie knows Biden won. He knows it beyond any shadow of a doubt.
Trump knows Biden won too. His attitude has some parallels with Hitler's mindset when in 1945 he finally had to admit to himself that the war was lost: he saw the defeat not as any responsibility of his, but as a sign that 'The German people have proved themselves unworthy of their Fuhrer." On that basis, he ordered the destruction of all infrastructure that might be of use after an Allied victory, without a thought for the German population, who would starve to death without any means of making a living or getting food. To him, that was irrelevant. Fortunately, not everybody obeyed his orders.

Similarly, Trump does not care if he rips up all trust in the US electoral system - which is generally seen by those who know about its workings to have functioned pretty well under very demanding circumstances despite being hit by everything from the virus to Trump appointees doing their best to sabotage the postal service. He doesn't care if the functioning of the US government under his successor is dangerously ill-prepared because of delay in initiating the complex processes of the transition. What does he care? Maybe he will soon have a TV channel and start a new reality show - after all, The Apprentice was pretty well the only really successful money-making activity he has engaged in on his own initiative since he inherited his megabucks from Trump Sr. Maybe it could work again? He'll be OK.

But what I don't get is someone like subgenius who is willing to devote so much effort to breaking the windows, urinating in the beds and defecating all over the rugs of the house that he and his children will have to go on living in when Trump has taken off to ... who knows where next January. His infallible hero has been defeated by Joe Biden, the supposedly senile old fool holed up in his basement (or so we were told). What does he gain by lying about it?
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.