Trump Sabotages America

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Moksha
God

Trump Sabotages America

Post by Moksha »

‘Through this order, President Trump has declared war on the professional civil service by giving himself the authority to fill the government with his political cronies who will pledge their unwavering loyalty to him, not to America’

The range of workers who could be stripped of protections and placed in this new category is vast, experts say, and could include most of the non-partisan experts — scientists, doctors, lawyers, economists — whose work to advise and inform policymakers is supposed to be done in a way that is fact-driven and devoid of politics.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/tr ... 55692.html
I suppose Biden could save America by repealing this executive order and allowing highly qualified people to do their job. The part about allowing unqualified political nabobs the ability to wreak havoc on America is new for Republicans, and something must be done to stop it.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Moksha
God

Re: Trump Sabotages America

Post by Moksha »

Here is a recent example of Trump's appointees in action:
The White House science office listed "ending the COVID-19 pandemic" as the top accomplishment of President Trump's first term.
Does this seem like the out and out lies of a dystopian society? Yes, it is Trump's America!
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Nothing would make me happier than Trump losing the election and being convicted for the many felonies he has undoubtedly committed. Now THAT is something to pray for.
“The past no longer belongs only to those who once lived it; the past belongs to those who claim it, and are willing to explore it, and to infuse it with meaning for those alive today.”—Margaret Atwood
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Kishkumen wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:13 pm
Nothing would make me happier than Trump losing the election and being convicted for the many felonies he has undoubtedly committed. Now THAT is something to pray for.
You and me both. There is no way I could deal with another 4 years of that mad man in office. The whole thing has been insane.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Moksha wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:20 pm
‘Through this order, President Trump has declared war on the professional civil service by giving himself the authority to fill the government with his political cronies who will pledge their unwavering loyalty to him, not to America’

The range of workers who could be stripped of protections and placed in this new category is vast, experts say, and could include most of the non-partisan experts — scientists, doctors, lawyers, economists — whose work to advise and inform policymakers is supposed to be done in a way that is fact-driven and devoid of politics.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/tr ... 55692.html
I suppose Biden could save America by repealing this executive order and allowing highly qualified people to do their job. The part about allowing unqualified political nabobs the ability to wreak havoc on America is new for Republicans, and something must be done to stop it.
Yes, a new president can revoke a former president's executive orders. If the same party controls the House, Senate and Presidency, they can use an expedited process to revoke any rule put into place during the last 60 legislative days (i.e., days Congress is in session). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congressional_Review_Act
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Kishkumen wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:13 pm

I do.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

I hope he suffers such an overwhelmingly crushing defeat that no one would have the unmitigated gall to go along with Trump's almost certain attempt to litigate away the legitimacy of the election results. I will not rest easy until that monster is unceremoniously and permanently ousted from the U.S. Government.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Drs. Fauci and Birx will be gone under this new Trump executive order. Only dysfunctional Trump loyalists will remain.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Moksha wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:53 am
Drs. Fauci and Birx will be gone under this new Trump executive order. Only dysfunctional Trump loyalists will remain.
I'm pretty sure they were, at least in part, the motivation for the order.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Who would have expected that it would be a group of major banks banding together to slow down one of Trump’s last attempts to ruin or sabotage one of the Nation’a more well-known resources?

The Trump administration just lost a powerful ally in its quest to open up Alaska's Arctic National Wildlife Refuge to fossil fuel companies. On Monday, Bank of America announced that it won't provide any financing for projects that involve oil and gas exploration in the Arctic. The announcement puts Bank of America in line with the positions of Chase, CitiBank, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, and Wells Fargo, all of whom have likewise decided to withhold funding for any efforts to tear up ANWR.

The news means every major bank in the US is now in lockstep when it comes to their positions on drilling in the largest plot of untouched wilderness in America. That will create significant hurdles for any company hoping to land funding with the goal of drilling for oil in the Arctic at a time when the Trump administration is hoping to lease plots of the land as quickly as possible before the Biden administration takes office.