Trump's other roads to Dictatorship

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Moksha
God

Trump's other roads to Dictatorship

Post by Moksha »

A Fox News host argued that President Donald Trump doesn’t even need to prove his case in court to overturn his election loss.

“Fox & Friends Weekend” host Will Cain told viewers that Trump may have failed to prove his legal challenges, but he said the president still had another avenue to maintain his grip on power.

“I think what’s happening here [is] we are quickly moving toward a political case being made,” Cain said. “Meaning the Trump team is talking to state legislatures in Michigan, Pennsylvania, attempting to make their case. There may not be enough evidence for a court system but there should be enough evidence for state legislators to change their electors. Will they find more success there? We’ll soon find out.”
Besides this, there is:

1. The Supreme Court
2. Martial Law, coupled with armed insurrection from his followers, and the Russian Army.

If American Democracy survives, it will need to find a way to prevent any future Donald Trumps. I think candidates should be forced to pass the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Chap
God

Re: Trump's other roads to Dictatorship

Post by Chap »

This news item from the time of Gore/Bush standoff seems relevant. Maybe someone could call Belgrade and ask them to drop by again?

Serbia Deploys Peacekeeping Forces To U.S.

BELGRADE–Serbian president Vojislav Kostunica deployed more than 30,000 peacekeeping troops to the U.S. Monday, pledging full support to the troubled North American nation as it struggles to establish democracy.

"We must do all we can to support free elections in America and allow democracy to gain a foothold there," Kostunica said. "The U.S. is a major player in the Western Hemisphere and its continued stability is vital to Serbian interests in that region."

Kostunica urged Al Gore, the U.S. opposition-party leader who is refusing to recognize the nation's Nov. 7 election results, to "let the democratic process take its course."

"Mr. Gore needs to acknowledge the will of the people and concede that he has lost this election," Kostunica said. "Until America's political figures learn to respect the institutions that have been put in place, the nation will never be a true democracy."

Serbian forces have been stationed throughout the U.S., with an emphasis on certain trouble zones. Among them are Oregon, Florida, and eastern Tennessee, where Gore set up headquarters in Bush territory. An additional 10,000 troops are expected to arrive in the capital city of Washington, D.C. by Friday.

Though Kostunica has pledged to work with U.S. leaders, he did not rule out the possibility of economic sanctions if the crisis is not resolved soon.

"For democracy to take root and flourish, it must be planted in the rich soil of liberty. And the cornerstone of liberty is elections free of tampering or corruption," Kostunica said. "Should America prove itself incapable of learning this lesson on its own, the international community may be forced to take stronger measures."
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Trump fans are delusional... actually, I could end the sentence right there.

But anyway, they are really delusional if they think there are enough of his fans to start some kind of armed takeover. I don't think we need to really fear a war from his loudmouthed online followers. Of that minority, I suspect the vast majority of them are damned pussies in real life.

Trump is doing a lot of whining these days (more than usual even for him). He sounds more insane every day. As he goes, so does his idiot cult, which I suspect is dwindling as more people in his own party come out saying he needs to concede. He's losing power as we speak.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Some Schmo wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:14 pm
Trump fans are delusional... actually, I could end the sentence right there.

But anyway, they are really delusional if they think there are enough of his fans to start some kind of armed takeover. I don't think we need to really fear a war from his loudmouthed online followers. Of that minority, I suspect the vast majority of them are damned pussies in real life.

Trump is doing a lot of whining these days (more than usual even for him). He sounds more insane every day. As he goes, so does his idiot cult, which I suspect is dwindling as more people in his own party come out saying he needs to concede. He's losing power as we speak.
I posted this in the Voter Fraud thread, but it’s worth tucking it in here, too.

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/far-righ ... democrats/

Couple this with retired General Flynn and Mcinerey urging Trump to invoke the Insurrection Act and use the NG to seize all election equipment, ballots, and to seat a Republican President we’re actually in a tricky situation.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:18 pm
I posted this in the Voter Fraud thread, but it’s worth tucking it in here, too.

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/far-righ ... democrats/

Couple this with retired General Flynn and Mcinerey urging Trump to invoke the Insurrection Act and use the NG to seize all election equipment, ballots, and to seat a Republican President we’re actually in a tricky situation.

- Doc
I real the linked article. There may be the odd dude who tries to hunt down Democrats, but I have a hard time seeing an organized militia with the actual size and brains to pull off a violent coup at the national level. That's all I'm saying.

Not sure about the success of that second idea, either. I highly doubt the NG would carry out those orders.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

I’m mostly worried about the Trump Train types who’ll have about 10% within their ranks that are certifiably bananas. I mean, some of those guys legitimately were going to kidnap and execute a Governor. I’d hate to see a low intensity conflict touch off that’ll cost us lives - here’s hoping you’re right.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:29 pm
I’m mostly worried about the Trump Train types who’ll have about 10% within their ranks that are certifiably bananas. I mean, some of those guys legitimately were going to kidnap and execute a Governor. I’d hate to see a low intensity conflict touch off that’ll cost us lives - here’s hoping you’re right.

- Doc
To be honest, my biggest fear is exactly that: an increase in mass shootings and domestic terror attacks. We all know how happy those make Trump if they're done in his honor.

subgenius
Stake President

Post by subgenius »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:29 pm

- Doc
mk
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

====oOo====
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

If something can go wrong with Trump supporters then it... did anyone else hear that knock at the door and the shouts of "git a rope?"
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace