Dr. Shades's spelling and/or grammar lesson of the day

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Dr. Shades's spelling and/or grammar lesson of the day

Post by Jersey Girl »

Lem wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:47 am
Well thank you, Shades. I guess. C-unt is now replaced with “ cunt. ” No-go on “charisma, uniqueness, nerve, and talent,” huh?
We'll C U Next Tuesday! :mrgreen:
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:32 am

Cam, honor, Gad, and Gunnar. I would accept moderator action from any one of those posters if they were willing to do the job.

Gunnar I have known longer than any other poster on this board and that is for 20 years. Gunnar, for example and if he were willing to take it on, wouldn't think twice about taking moderator action on one of my posts according to the rules.
I am deeply honored and flattered that you would want me as a moderator for this forum, but I don't imagine or claim to have the qualifications needed to be an effective moderator. I doubt that Dr. Shades would consider me qualified either.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Gunnar wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:20 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:32 am

Cam, honor, Gad, and Gunnar. I would accept moderator action from any one of those posters if they were willing to do the job.

Gunnar I have known longer than any other poster on this board and that is for 20 years. Gunnar, for example and if he were willing to take it on, wouldn't think twice about taking moderator action on one of my posts according to the rules.
I am deeply honored and flattered that you would want me as a moderator for this forum, but I don't imagine or claim to have the qualifications needed to be an effective moderator.
Qualifications? You gest, Sir. You gest. Moderating this board is so easy that even a monkey can do it. Like I used to call myself Monkey Mod. Not joking! All you need to know is how to use a computer and push the buttons. If you can post and edit your posts, you're 3/4 of the way there. It's like moving an item from your "save for later" to your "shopping cart" then placing an order on Amazon only you don't get anything back for it.

:lol:
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Okay I wasn't exactly intellectually honest there when I said:
only you don't get anything back for it.
You won't get any dresses, craft supplies, tools, decor, batteries, make up, books or DVD's. All you might get out of the deal is some flack.

Slava Ukraini!
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Why am I not a good candidate got moderator, Jersey Girl? What the “F”?
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Some Schmo wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:53 am
:o

I was delusional! Of course you would make a good candidate for mod!

Cam
Gad
honor
Gunnar
RI
Schmo

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

To be fair, there's plenty of folks around here who could do the work. Really, it's not that hard so long as you enforce the rules. I have no idea why Shades seems reluctant to put out a call for mods and I have no real idea what the heck Chap is on about either.

Put Chap on the list! What is he? Chopped liver? There's plenty here both male and female. Give them a chance if they are willing.

Slava Ukraini!
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Some Schmo wrote:
I have no doubt that you could be a better moderator than I. :)
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

Shame on you Shades for providing this wonderful forum, trying to make it suitable for a wide variety of posters, where we can come and b_____ and complain. 8-)
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:01 am
Some Schmo wrote:
:o

I was delusional! Of course you would make a good candidate for mod!
Thanks Jersey Girl, although I was joking. I honestly don't think I would be a good moderator. For one thing, I don't read everything here. I have a couple people on ignore.

But I'm also naturally anti-authority, so actually being an "authority" is not my thing.
Gunnar wrote:I have no doubt that you could be a better moderator than I.
This is another of the rare times when I disagree with you. You have a far better temperament than I do and are much more suited to the role.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.