Pandemic: Life on the ground

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Pandemic: Life on the ground

Post by Jersey Girl »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:57 am
A friend of mine's daughter got on line this morning like it was tickets for a Stones concert. She ordered 4 tests for my household. While riding my bike today, I happened upon a testing station at Market and 18th Street (heart of the Castro district). No one was in line (!). Walked right up and got tested. You scan a code on your phone and they email you the results within 48 hours.

Easy Peasy. Purely anecdotal evidence on my part, but it seems like I'm hearing of a lot more infections in the past 3 weeks. It seems like after nearly 2 years we could let our guard down, but no such luck. I'm now starting to double masks in crowds.

Be careful out there.
Yes new cases are up dramatically right now. The good news is that it seems to be calming down in the Eastern states which is what we've seen with other surges.

Good on ya for getting the 4 tests! In my state, if you contract Covid 19 and want a monoclonal antibody infusion, you need to show up at the ER with a positive result and only during limited hours so...best to have your own tests on hand at home so you don't waste time!

I ordered from the state weeks ago and nothing has been shipped. Hoping the Feds can do a better job but am skeptical. At home tests are in short supply in our local pharmacies.

I, too, am double masking but mostly hunkered down at home. We have plenty of food so no need to go out except for an upcoming doc appointment JB wants me to go with him for.

p.s. How I WISH it were Stones tickets! 8-)
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

A little story. When I've been in public lately which is rare, almost no one is wearing masks. I have no idea why they aren't masking up, but it ticks me off. On Sunday I went to pick up a purchase from Marketplace and arranged the meet up in one of the major hospital parking lots. The man dropping off the item automatically put on his mask before exiting his car, while I did the same.

There really are some concerned, vigilant, and smart citizens around here. It's just that they seem to be few and far between.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:28 am
You guys, our state health department has a link where you can order free at-home Covid 19 tests. I've got a kit with 2 tests on the way! Looks like you can order every 30 days? Check out your own state to see if they have them if you are interested. I learned that our hospital ER's want us to show up with a positive Covid test to get the monoclonal antibody infusion. Our local pharms are completely out of tests so I am thinking this is the way to go to save time showing up for the infusion if needed.

A copy of this post appears on the V&T thread as well.
The tests on this order from the state are being delivered TOMORROW.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

So...we took delivery of 2 Covid rapid tests from the state today.

We have 4 tests coming from the Feds.

And now...THIS. I knew this would happen. This is from one of our major hospitals.
Monoclonal antibody therapy
Due to a shortage of monoclonal antibody supplies, UCHealth is unable to offer monoclonal antibody therapy at this time. This page will be updated as soon as additional supplies are received.

I might as well go pound salt. :cry:

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

canpakes wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:49 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:36 am

That's nice. I already take 5K iu's of Vitamin D3 every day. Plus Vitamin C and a daily multi vitamin that contains zinc higher than Mayo Clinic advises for daily intake.

I'm not allowed to take either Dayquil or Ibuprofen. Also not allowed to take sudafed for sinus. :evil:

When COVID first started making the rounds back in early 2020, we incorporated a bit of extra zinc and D in our otherwise simple multivitamin-a-day routine. We also added a quercetin/bromelain tab, as some research suggested that quercetin assists with zinc uptake by cells.

The ibuprofen and DayQuil are on standby, if needed. We’re hoping that they won’t be. : )
canpakes you out there??? You okay??? Did you get it???

Slava Ukraini!
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited by Binger on Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Binger wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:17 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:26 am

Not possible.

Well, at least some of you idiots finally admit Covid exists.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Our youngest coughed for a day, and that was it. SO and I both picked it up within 48 hours. Coughing, nasty lung junk and pounding morning headaches were the worst of it for a few days. Now it has dialed back almost completely and we both just have a fairly persistent, lingering cough. So, not too bad an experience, overall.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

canpakes wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:27 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Our youngest coughed for a day, and that was it. SO and I both picked it up within 48 hours. Coughing, nasty lung junk and pounding morning headaches were the worst of it for a few days. Now it has dialed back almost completely and we both just have a fairly persistent, lingering cough. So, not too bad an experience, overall.
Oh wow! That wasn't horrible! Did any meds help with the headaches and if so, what? Oh and did you have to take something for the lung yuck?

Slava Ukraini!
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:40 pm
canpakes wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:27 pm

Oh wow! That wasn't horrible! Did any meds help with the headaches and if so, what? Oh and did you have to take something for the lung yuck?

No meds aside from ibuprofen. They did work on the headaches, just not terribly quickly.