Pandemic: Life on the ground

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Pandemic: Life on the ground

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:47 pm
Hi, Jersey Girl. How are you and the Jersey Boy today?
Hello! Just came to do a little check in, great minds...or whatever. Thanks for thinking of us!

He's still symptomatic nothing more severe than when it started. A little coughing, sinus-like congestion, no sore throat, no fever, no fatigue, no body aches...he slept soundly last night so far as I could hear with the door closed there when I checked on him.

I have nothing. Not even one hint of a symptom. The only thing I can figure is that on Wednesday afternoon, he actually went into the house with the dark mark on it and I stayed home at the time. I'm not sure how to make sense of it. Three of us were together with him on Thanksgiving and I think he should've been shedding virus by then but none of us remaining three have got anything. He was symptomatic on Friday. So Fri, Sat, and now Sun.

He's quarantined downstairs. I'm upstairs. We take turns going in and out of the kitchen. When I get in there I wipe everything down with wipes before I touch anything, make sure the windows are open somewhat and turn on the overhead oven fan. I dunno...I think it's working? We're both wearing masks when we're not in our spaces. Both have gone outside just to feel some sense of freedom from our captivity.

We're communicating via Alexa and yelling. :lol:

We have the windows partly opened in the house with the heat on. I slept with the window open and a ceiling fan running last night even though it snowed. I've had that same set up running for three days now in every room upstairs. It actually snowed a bit each night but we're not complaining!

I'm getting a little restless up here because I had plans for things to do on the main level so am finding things to do to pass the time since I'm not one to sit for long. I think I'll bring up the wrapping paper and get started on gift wrapping tomorrow. I don't feel like we're close to clear until Tuesday when he's going to test again. :shock:

I haven't tested because I don't want to waste a test kit.

Anyhow that's...the score so far. :D
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:24 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:47 pm
Hi, Jersey Girl. How are you and the Jersey Boy today?
Hello! Just came to do a little check in, great minds...or whatever. Thanks for thinking of us!

He's still symptomatic nothing more severe than when it started. A little coughing, sinus-like congestion, no sore throat, no fever, no fatigue, no body aches...he slept soundly last night so far as I could hear with the door closed there when I checked on him.

I have nothing. Not even one hint of a symptom. The only thing I can figure is that on Wednesday afternoon, he actually went into the house with the dark mark on it and I stayed home at the time. I'm not sure how to make sense of it. Three of us were together with him on Thanksgiving and I think he should've been shedding virus by then but none of us remaining three have got anything. He was symptomatic on Friday. So Fri, Sat, and now Sun.

He's quarantined downstairs. I'm upstairs. We take turns going in and out of the kitchen. When I get in there I wipe everything down with wipes before I touch anything, make sure the windows are open somewhat and turn on the overhead oven fan. I dunno...I think it's working? We're both wearing masks when we're not in our spaces. Both have gone outside just to feel some sense of freedom from our captivity.

We're communicating via Alexa and yelling. :lol:

We have the windows partly opened in the house with the heat on. I slept with the window open and a ceiling fan running last night even though it snowed. I've had that same set up running for three days now in every room upstairs. It actually snowed a bit each night but we're not complaining!

I'm getting a little restless up here because I had plans for things to do on the main level so am finding things to do to pass the time since I'm not one to sit for long. I think I'll bring up the wrapping paper and get started on gift wrapping tomorrow. I don't feel like we're close to clear until Tuesday when he's going to test again. :shock:

I haven't tested because I don't want to waste a test kit.

Anyhow that's...the score so far. :D
So far, so good. :D
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Note to the American public: Your retired military veterans are NOT covered to get free at home Covid tests by Tricare for Life unless they are prescribed by a provider.

ALL THIS TIME...we've been able to pick up bags of test kits in order to keep a supply in the house. Yesterday, I was told that this is not the case nor has it been the case for Tricare recipients. :o When I told the person that we've been able to get them before and asked what changed, she said nothing changed and that some of the people at the pharm must have tried to bill them after the fact and Safeway pharm ended up "eating the cost". That's a grocery store in this area.

Get. Real. I've had the actual pharmacist pack up a bag and give it to me.

Anyway, I noticed that the pharm says their pharmacists are qualified to prescribe. We handed over a bag of kits to our family members this past week who were quarantined at home so maybe that's the workaround for us. We'll see about that.

So when you go to the pharm and see the signs that say up to 8 test kits are covered by most insurances, that doesn't include your military folks or at least not your retired military veterans disabled or otherwise.

Thank you for your service, uh huh. :roll:
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

So rambling right along here...I picked up a small grocery order yesterday of foods that I think help combat the effects of this thing called virus or at least make me feel like I did something to help us get through it. We each have a stash of the following:

1. Low Sodium Bone Broth

Higher in protein which repairs cells and just plain comforting when warmed up I think. Like chicken soup without the fixin's.

2. Oranges

Vit B, C and minerals, potassium

3. Strawberries

Vit B, C and antioxidants, potassium

4. Yogurt with various berries

Protein, Vit C and the other benefits of berries.

My main goals were to protect cells, repair cells, increase immune system benefits, hydrate and soothe sore throat even though that symptom hasn't surfaced. We also have other fruits and nuts, that sort of thing. Eggs which are easy to fix. Whole grains.

I think I did pretty good on about a moment's notice. 8-)

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:18 am
Note to the American public: Your retired military veterans are NOT covered to get free at home Covid tests by Tricare for Life unless they are prescribed by a provider.

ALL THIS TIME...we've been able to pick up bags of test kits in order to keep a supply in the house. Yesterday, I was told that this is not the case nor has it been the case for Tricare recipients. :o When I told the person that we've been able to get them before and asked what changed, she said nothing changed and that some of the people at the pharm must have tried to bill them after the fact and Safeway pharm ended up "eating the cost". That's a grocery store in this area.

Anyway, I noticed that the pharm says their pharmacists are qualified to prescribe. We handed over a bag of kits to our family members this past week who were quarantined at home so maybe that's the workaround for us. We'll see about that.

So when you go to the pharm and see the signs that say up to 8 test kits are covered by most insurances, that doesn't include your military folks or at least not your retired military veterans disabled or otherwise.

I wish I could say I'm surprised, but I'm not.
he/him

Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:15 am
So rambling right along here...I picked up a small grocery order yesterday of foods that I think help combat the effects of this thing called virus or at least make me feel like I did something to help us get through it. We each have a stash of the following:

1. Low Sodium Bone Broth

Higher in protein which repairs cells and just plain comforting when warmed up I think. Like chicken soup without the fixin's.

2. Oranges

3. Strawberries

My main goals were to protect cells, repair cells, increase immune system benefits, hydrate and soothe sore throat even though that symptom hasn't surfaced. We also have other fruits and nuts, that sort of thing. Eggs which are easy to fix. Whole grains.

Even if it has no direct benefit, eating health is always a good idea. And having an ability to do something that may help and certainly won't hurt is beneficial in and of it itself, in my opinion.
he/him

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:25 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:18 am

I wish I could say I'm surprised, but I'm not.
TWO locations have been slipping us test kits ever since they became available. Not that we had zillions mind you, but we did have a stash.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:27 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:15 am

1. Low Sodium Bone Broth

2. Oranges

3. Strawberries

Even if it has no direct benefit, eating health is always a good idea. And having an ability to do something that may help and certainly won't hurt is beneficial in and of it itself, in my opinion.
Oh yeah. No problem. I found something to do. Ms. Moving Towards Miminalism over here is online shopping. Just ordered a nice pair of UGG slippers in a color called "Goat". I Kid you not! :lol:

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:37 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:27 am

Oh yeah. No problem. I found something to do. Ms. Moving Towards Miminalism over here is online shopping. Just ordered a nice pair of UGG slippers in a color called "Goat". I Kid you not! :lol:
As long as they don't come in the odor "Goat," I think you're good. :lol:
he/him

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:39 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:37 am
As long as they don't come in the odor "Goat," I think you're good. :lol:
Poor little ole' me. Locked in a room with only my credit card to keep me warm! :lol:

Slava Ukraini!