Pandemic: Life on the ground

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
honorentheos
God

Re: Pandemic: Life on the ground

Post by honorentheos »

Hey Jersey Girl,

I'm sorry to hear JB has the virus, but it's heartening you've been symptom free. I thought it would just be a matter of time until I caught it when my wife tested positive back in early fall but I'm giving the "W" to the vaccine for my dodging that one. Knock on wood, keep dodging!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

honorentheos wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:54 am
Hey Jersey Girl,

I'm sorry to hear JB has the virus, but it's heartening you've been symptom free. I thought it would just be a matter of time until I caught it when my wife tested positive back in early fall but I'm giving the "W" to the vaccine for my dodging that one. Knock on wood, keep dodging!
Thanks, honor! I did go back and read your account and a few others yesterday for reassurance and inspiration.

The score so far...

JB: Announced a couple of hours ago that he feels 100% better now. :D

Jersey Girl: UGG slippers, a board game and chess set on Amazon Cyber Monday deals, and now I'm 25$ away from free shipping on Land's End! 8-)

Go Pfizer! Go Visa!
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:08 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:39 am
As long as they don't come in the odor "Goat," I think you're good. :lol:
Poor little ole' me. Locked in a room with only my credit card to keep me warm! :lol:
I'm glad to hear that you and yours are not experiencing severe symptoms. I'm sure you're all probably going to be alright. As for my immediate family and I, we have not experienced even the slightest hint of COVID symptoms since our brief bout with confirmed COVID last summer. We all had mild symptoms and recovered fully in no more than a week. My symptoms in particular were as least as mild or milder than the mildest cold I remember ever having experienced.

We have had no trouble finding free home testing kits for COVID. They have been available for free at our local county library.

In addition, the local Sikh community had their annual festival in early November. During that festival, to which the entire community was invited for free, they offered not only all the free Indian cuisine we could eat, but community health information booths manned by local community health providers who distributed not only prudent health advice, but free vaccinations, including COVID, and free home test kits. The Sikhs really go all out for community service and charitable outreach to all. They are very much appreciated and admired in our community for their honesty, work ethics and community spirit. A couple of them have even served honorable terms as Mayor of our city. Their annual Sikh festival here is at least the second largest in the world, and certainly the largest outside of India. Last month it attracted well over 100,000 visitors from all over the world, even from as far away as India itself!
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Oh don't worry, Gunnar, I'll get my hands on some more. I did some research and I think the woman (who I never saw there ever before and had zero customer service skills--what a pill!) didn't do HER research. :evil: I'll check on that and oh by the way, there is only one library here who has them and they're clear down the other end of town. Strange yet true.

The Boy is doing really well today. I caught him out of his space coviding around without a mask and promptly sent him to his room. :shock:

I've stopped rage shopping for the time being. But the night's not over... 8-)
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:27 am
Oh don't worry, Gunnar, I'll get my hands on some more. I did some research and I think the woman (who I never saw there ever before and had zero customer service skills--what a pill!) didn't do HER research. :evil: I'll check on that and oh by the way, there is only one library here who has them and they're clear down the other end of town. Strange yet true.

The Boy is doing really well today. I caught him out of his space coviding around without a mask and promptly sent him to his room. :shock:

I love the phrase “coviding around.” I’m happy to hear the news continues to be good.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:51 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:27 am

I love the phrase “coviding around.” I’m happy to hear the news continues to be good.
He's incorrigible! I sort of felt like I had symptoms last night. Achy, chilly. Took Tylenol and I feel fine again. I'll probably do a test so I don't continue to drive myself crazy from paranoia. He plans to test today as well. We're basically winging it. He went outside to shovel snow today. :shock:

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

ETA: I tested positive. :shock:

Does that mean I can take my mask off now? I don't feel sick at all and haven't felt sick this entire time except for the aches and chills last night which was easily resolved by taking Tylenol.

ETA: I don't see any point of wearing the mask now. Whatever viral load I have got...I've got.

Slava Ukraini!
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

If we'd just been more like China in our lockdown policies, there would be zero COVID. This is all Trump's fault.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:24 pm
ETA: I tested positive. :shock:

Does that mean I can take my mask off now? I don't feel sick at all and haven't felt sick this entire time except for the aches and chills last night which was easily resolved by taking Tylenol.

ETA: I don't see any point of wearing the mask now. Whatever viral load I have got...I've got.
Well, shoot. I don’t think there is any benefit to wearing a mask now. Although infections occur, I haven’t read anything about Ping Ponging the same infection back and forth in a household. Be comfortable, take care of yourself, and feel better soon. Better yet, order that boy you live with to take care of you! :lol: :lol: :lol:
he/him

Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

***In the distance the unmistakable sound of a braying jackass could be heard ***
he/him