Pandemic: Life on the ground

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Chap
God

Re: Pandemic: Life on the ground

Post by Chap »

Gunnar wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:33 am
Thanks for well wishes everyone. I took my first dose of Paxlovid this evening and I am already feeling better. I can't attribute that to the Paxlovid, though, as I already started feeling better before I took it. My symptoms were already mild to begin with and seemed to be diminishing already even before I took the medicine. I hope this bodes well for a full and quick recovery.
I had an omicron experience a little while back; my multiple vaccinations ensured that it passed off as little more than a somewhat 'throaty' cold plus some tiredness, even without special medication such as you are taking. I hope things are the same or better for you.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:49 am
Gunnar wrote:
Thanks for well wishes everyone. I took my first dose of Paxlovid this evening and I am already feeling better. I can't attribute that to the Paxlovid, though, as I already started feeling better before I took it. My symptoms were already mild to begin with and seemed to be diminishing already even before I took the medicine. I hope this bodes well for a full and quick recovery.
You out there?
Not liking this. Just letting you know that.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

I had been helping a friend of mine who developed Covid a couple of days ago. Yesterday I started feeling poorly. Took a test, but it came back negative. Today I took the test and got a positive result.

Try getting a doctor's appointment on 4th of July weekend. The earliest I can get Paxlovid from my doctor is tomorrow. It feels like the flu, but *so far* not that bad. I was able to get up and walk a couple of blocks today, and I would put my energy at about 75% of normal. So I feel sick, but not deathly ill.

Mostly I'm just pissed about getting it after 2 years of wearing a mask.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:51 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:49 am

You out there?
Not liking what specifically? Please clarify.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Gunnar wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:51 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:51 am

Not liking what specifically? Please clarify.
Waiting! :D
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:43 pm
I had been helping a friend of mine who developed Covid a couple of days ago. Yesterday I started feeling poorly. Took a test, but it came back negative. Today I took the test and got a positive result.

Try getting a doctor's appointment on 4th of July weekend. The earliest I can get Paxlovid from my doctor is tomorrow. It feels like the flu, but *so far* not that bad. I was able to get up and walk a couple of blocks today, and I would put my energy at about 75% of normal. So I feel sick, but not deathly ill.

Well, I sincerely hope it doesn't get worse than that for you. I took a walk today too--a total distance of a little over 3 miles. My energy level seems only slightly diminished, if at all. My symptoms were only mild to begin with, and started to decline even before my first dose of Paxlovid, as I said before. Most likely a benefit from previous vaccinations.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:43 pm

No, not you too, MeDot! Can't you go to urgent care or an emergency department? Why don't you try that? Tell them you're high risk and fake cough your ass off. Finesse a prescription out of them. Come on, you know how to do it.

I would be pissed, too. I'm pissed on your behalf!
Last edited by Jersey Girl on Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Do we have a 5th dose coming? I know they're working on a vaccine that should cover the variants. I haven't heard anything new about that.

Slava Ukraini!
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Post by Hawkeye »

Were you wearing an N95?
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Chap wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:26 am
Gunnar wrote:
I had an omicron experience a little while back; my multiple vaccinations ensured that it passed off as little more than a somewhat 'throaty' cold plus some tiredness, even without special medication such as you are taking. I hope things are the same or better for you.
I first tested positive with a home test last Thursday, which was confirmed by the county's test center on Friday, which prescribed and issued to me a lowered "renal dose" (based on my somewhat compromised kidney function) to be taken twice per day for 5 days. If they have identified the strain of covid I have, they haven't told me yet, but I suppose it is likely an omicron variant. As I indicated in an earlier post, my symptoms started improving even before I took the first dose, which may be a benefit from the previous vaccinations I have had. This makes me wonder if might have recovered fully even without the help of the Paxlovid, which might be doing harm to my kidneys. I just started taking the 3rd day's dosage schedule, and my symptoms have already diminished to almost nothing. It seems barely possible that the Paxlovid might be doing me more harm than the covid-19 would have!