Pandemic: Life on the ground

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
huckelberry
God

Re: Pandemic: Life on the ground

Post by huckelberry »

Prayer for both of you Jersey girl.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Thanks everyone! We're good at crossing a bridge when we get to it. Tomorrow is the day. Will report back. You know I just think that everything feels more magnified with the cloud of pandemic hanging over our heads for so long. This feels different because they've never called him in for a follow up before. He asked me to go with him for support. If it's bad news he'll sort of black out and between the two of us, I'll be the functioning brain taking notes, asking questions, and gearing up to help him kick ass. Remind him of what was said afterwards.

I wish that I were one of those people where people would say, she can't handle it. But out of all these folks over here, I'm the one who handles it. If you could actually see me with the tribe, you'd say...her? Yeah, me. I have some weird ability to do what I call steeling myself in the face of crisis and emergency. I automatically shut down parts of me so that I can be what others need me to be. Pretty sure I have too much practice at that.

Anyway, we have no reason to believe it's bad other than why are they calling him in? We're both reading that the same way which means, serious, and the tests were done to sort him out on a particular issue. So tomorrow it's either positive results or gloves off time. Or maybe more tests. Whatever it is we'll do our best to rise to it.

Thanks for your well wishes and prayers. It's more appreciated than you could possibly know!
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

So...one of our major food chains is going on strike around here for better wages having to do with their poor treatment and strong efforts as front line workers during the pandemic. It's owned by Kroger. People are freaking out because where on earth are they supposed to get their groceries? :shock:

Some people are trading up to Safeway (a merge with Albertson's) which is the highest priced grocery store around with the exception of Whole Paycheck, others are vowing to shop at Target which one rung down from Safeway on the pricing ladder. Not sure where Trader Joe's ranks, I've only been there a few times. It's really nice but I just don't travel that way much. No one is mentioning Sam's or Costco. Whatevs.

I have no idea what these folks have against Walmart. Walmart, for the most part, has the same exact brand names you can get in any other store and I do buy their store brand on several things as well. I mean does anyone really care what brand trash bags they buy? They're going into a landfill for Pete sakes. I don't know what these folks are thinking with but it sure isn't their wallet.

It's just so strange to watch these discussions on our NextDoor and to observe how people think. Or don't think as the case may be. The American public is SO susceptible to spells. Walmart is junk! Covid isn't real! Global warming is a hoax! We're being socially engineered by Gates! And...save that steal!

I'm so embarrassed by us some days. :oops:
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Reporting in. Everything is perfectly fine! :)

Slava Ukraini!
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:02 am
Nice!

Over here, we’re running the COVID experiment. Our youngest tested positive a few days ago, and SO tested positive yesterday. Light symptoms so far; just a light cough for the youngster and a rougher cough with some grogginess for SO. We are obviously keeping our fingers crossed.

As we’ve been cooped up touching, breathing and eating all of the same stuff in super-close proximity (I swear that our youngest has coughed point-blank in my face a half-dozen times, too, lol), I’m guessing that it’s only a matter of time before I start to feel some effects from our little virus friend.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

canpakes wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:49 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Nice!

Over here, we’re running the COVID experiment. Our youngest tested positive a few days ago, and SO tested positive yesterday. Light symptoms so far; just a light cough for the youngster and a rougher cough with some grogginess for SO. We are obviously keeping our fingers crossed.

As we’ve been cooped up touching, breathing and eating all of the same stuff in super-close proximity (I swear that our youngest has coughed point-blank in my face a half-dozen times, too, lol), I’m guessing that it’s only a matter of time before I start to feel some effects from our little virus friend.
I recommend the following if you don’t already have it handy:

Vitamin D x 2/day
Dayquil
Ibuprofen
Weed

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

canpakes wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:
Nice!

I'm starting to feel like every day brings yet another new WTF moment. Like we're all stuck in it like hamsters on a giant never ending WTF wheel. I hope you all do well with this stuff!
Last edited by Jersey Girl on Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Whew!!! Good to know.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

canpakes wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:
Nice!

Redirecting all my good thoughts your way.
he/him

Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:53 am
canpakes wrote:

Nice!

I recommend the following if you don’t already have it handy:

Vitamin D x 2/day
Dayquil
Ibuprofen
Weed

- Doc
How are you feeling, Doc?
he/him