Pandemic: Life on the ground

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Pandemic: Life on the ground

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:22 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:57 am
RI How'd it go???
Flu shot arm was never sore. COVID arm has mild soreness. I ran out of gas about 4:00 this afternoon and took a nap, but I have no idea if that was the booster.
As if on cue...

Sounds pretty good to me. I think you'll know if it was the booster if you feel fatigued again tomorrow? Good on ya though!!
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:29 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:22 am

Flu shot arm was never sore. COVID arm has mild soreness. I ran out of gas about 4:00 this afternoon and took a nap, but I have no idea if that was the booster.
As if on cue...

Sounds pretty good to me. I think you'll know if it was the booster if you feel fatigued again tomorrow? Good on ya though!!
Fatigue is gone and shoulder pain is almost gone. I'd say this was the mildest of the COVID vaccine shots I've had.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:24 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:29 am
As if on cue...

Fatigue is gone and shoulder pain is almost gone. I'd say this was the mildest of the COVID vaccine shots I've had.
I'm happy for you and your account gives me hope for an easy time of it! Thank you!
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

5th shot is in the arm! It's been 5.5 hours and no reaction at all. By this time with most of the shots I started to get sleepy.

So far nothing. :shock: Hope it stays that way. Got stuff to do over here.

Slava Ukraini!
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:40 am
5th shot is in the arm!
I had no idea that a fifth booster had been issued. I’m not even sure that I remember the announcement of a fourth. My bad.

During PT conferences at the school last week, we noticed that flu shots were being given, so SO and I stopped in for our pokes. Slickest shot ever; I honestly did not know that it had been administered. I hope that it keeps us healthier this winter as tending to the kids while sick is no fun.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

canpakes wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 3:09 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
5th shot is in the arm!
I had no idea that a fifth booster had been issued. I’m not even sure that I remember the announcement of a fourth. My bad.

During PT conferences at the school last week, we noticed that flu shots were being given, so SO and I stopped in for our pokes. Slickest shot ever; I honestly did not know that it had been administered. I hope that it keeps us healthier this winter as tending to the kids while sick is no fun.
I think it was the 5th shot? :shock: Anyhow it's the Bivalent vaccine booster.

Always a good idea to get flu shots when you have children in school. They're exposed to their peers, peer's siblings, coaches, whatever, etc. I never really get a reaction to those. Maybe a warm spot on my arm? I'll go next week for the flu shot. The offered to do both today but I wanted to space them out so if I got a reaction I would know what it was from. The Boy was told to space them out but when I asked today (same grocery store, different location) they said no reason to space them out. Go figure.

I'm VERY surprised I don't feel sleepy on this one.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Jersey Girl wrote:
5th shot is in the arm! It's been 5.5 hours and no reaction at all. By this time with most of the shots I started to get sleepy.

So far nothing. :shock: Hope it stays that way. Got stuff to do over here.
Midnight check in. Nine hours post injection. I got nothing over here. :shock: So...I guess... that's a wrap.

G'nite fellow vaccinators!

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Glad it went easy on you, Jersey Girl!
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:10 pm
Glad it went easy on you, Jersey Girl!
Yep, and I lived to tell about it. Thanks!

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Writing just to relieve a bit of tension. One of our family members tested positive. We (the Boy and I) were with someone from the household yesterday, definite close contact. Actually two of them thought they had the flu 1.5 -2 weeks (one at a time) ago so I'm hoping that maybe that was actually the start of Covid in the house, the most recent being the one today, and we're good over here. One thing I noticed when I got the news. I thought of myself and my own well being first. I must be more self centered than I imagined. :oops: Anyway...a bit of a white knuckle ride over here. Happy holiday. We hope. :shock:

Slava Ukraini!