Pandemic: Life on the ground

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Kishkumen
God

Re: Pandemic: Life on the ground

Post by Kishkumen »

Cultellus wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:25 pm
Kishkumen wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:18 pm

LOL. Yes, it happens on occasion.
Thanks Gods. Right?

Have a grate Sundae.
You two.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:26 pm
Cultellus wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:25 pm

Thanks Gods. Right?

Have a grate Sundae.
You two.
Thank ewe.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Cultellus wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:31 pm
Thank ewe.
Ewe r well come.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:18 pm
Father Francis wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:23 pm
I actually got Covid early on and I've been vaccinated since. Also I turned septic a couple of days after I got the second Moderna shot and thought it was side effects. I went to work septic (I'm a nurse by the way) and my boss sent me to the ER. It turned out I had a perianal wound infected with cellulitis. That was last January and my wound finally healed earlier this month.

Don't take your health for granted. I'm not even 40 for god's sake....
I’m the dummy who has hit middle age and has not had a colonoscopy yet. I need to hear this message.
I actually just got scoped. Like. Last week. They put me under so it wasn’t a big deal. My doctor told me they dropped the screening age to 45 because of the prevalence of colon cancer in men. I hope you choose to schedule on. After my doc explained to me the importance of catching it early versus being even a year late, well, I breathed a sigh of relief.

Oh, and since I’m on a Covid thread:

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:31 pm
I actually just got scoped. Like. Last week. They put me under so it wasn’t a big deal. My doctor told me they dropped the screening age to 45 because of the prevalence of colon cancer in men. I hope you choose to schedule on. After my doc explained to me the importance of catching it early versus being even a year late, well, I breathed a sigh of relief.

- Doc
Thanks for the wise encouragement. I will get it done. I need to keep pushing myself to do it. I have not had a personal physician for over a decade now. My last doctor quit shortly after my second visit to her office. Hated the paperwork. I have been without a doctor for too long.

Thanks also for the laughs. Carl Sagan's worst nightmare came true.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Yeah, please do. Don’t let this guy be smarter than you.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:31 pm
Kishkumen wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:18 pm

I’m the dummy who has hit middle age and has not had a colonoscopy yet. I need to hear this message.

- Doc
Did. you. have. propofol?

Propofol is from GOD.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:28 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:01 am
Was it just the fatigue, Kish? Or did you have additional side effects? Wow this third shot knocked me on my behind!
My body ached. I had a low fever. I felt sick for a couple of days. It was no fun!
Oh that is crazy. I'm happy you got it and it's behind you. I feel 100% today. Again, only the fatigue. I don't care if I have to get boosted every 6 months for the rest of my entire life. It's worth it to me.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:10 pm

Propofol is from GOD.
I’m not sure, to be honest. They put the needle in a vein on the top side of my hand, put a mask on, cranked up some gas, and injected a drug in through the needle. Next thing I know I was waking up and the procedure was over. I was only aware they did the procedure because I had some lube on my butthole, a box of chocolates, and some roses with a note that said, “Thanks for a good time - Love, Doc”

The injection definitely stung, though. That was literally the worst part of the whole procedure, other than fasting for a day, which actually wasn’t too bad since you had to drink a ton of water. Oh, the crapping. They make you crap during your fast because the scope doesn’t see through poop. I guess that might be the worst part because you’re up and down all night crapping water because there’s no more crap inside of you by the time you go tobed, but the laxatives are such that every hour or so you’re back on the toilet.

Where’s Sir Poops-a-lot when you need him?

- Doc
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:24 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:10 pm

Propofol is from GOD.
I’m not sure, to be honest. They put the needle in a vein on the top side of my hand, put a mask on, cranked up some gas, and injected a drug in through the needle. Next thing I know I was waking up and the procedure was over. I was only aware they did the procedure because I had some lube on my butthole, a box of chocolates, and some roses with a note that said, “Thanks for a good time - Love, Doc”

The injection definitely stung, though. That was literally the worst part of the whole procedure, other than fasting for a day, which actually wasn’t too bad since you had to drink a ton of water. Oh, the crapping. They make you crap during your fast because the scope doesn’t see through poop. I guess that might be the worst part because you’re up and down all night crapping water because there’s no more crap inside of you by the time you go tobed, but the laxatives are such that every hour or so you’re back on the toilet.

Where’s Sir Poops-a-lot when you need him?

- Doc
Thanks for the graphic details on the cleanse, but I already know about that. It sounds like you had propofol, that's usually what they use these days. If so, I envy the hell out of you. Propofol is my favorite drug in the entire universe.

Morphine used to be my fav drug, it was totally displaced by propofol. I've had it several times before getting my heart shocked. I love it. I adore it. I want it right now. I want it every day of my life in fact. I want it forever and ever, amen.

And now I can't have it unless something weird happens to me. Pity me. Cry for me. I miss it!

Slava Ukraini!