Pandemic: Life on the ground

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Pandemic: Life on the ground

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:39 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:24 pm
ETA: I tested positive. :shock:

Does that mean I can take my mask off now? I don't feel sick at all and haven't felt sick this entire time except for the aches and chills last night which was easily resolved by taking Tylenol.

ETA: I don't see any point of wearing the mask now. Whatever viral load I have got...I've got.
Well, shoot. I don’t think there is any benefit to wearing a mask now. Although infections occur, I haven’t read anything about Ping Ponging the same infection back and forth in a household. Be comfortable, take care of yourself, and feel better soon. Better yet, order that boy you live with to take care of you! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Order him? I can't even make him stay in his space. :evil:

I don't feel bad at all. Maybe like I have a bit of a cold? It really can't be described as even that. Some good things though. I'm not afraid of it any more. Not confined to a space. Able to go mask free. And I have to say, I'm happy to finally close the windows because the temps have dropped below 10 degrees and freezing was starting to get old.

Been doing some simple festive crafts, otherwise hanging out and coviding around. :)

Thanks for checking on us and for your coaching, RI! In spite of the length of this thread, I really needed some coaching.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:41 pm
***In the distance the unmistakable sound of a braying jackass could be heard ***
You know I think I heard that, too.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:00 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:39 pm

Well, shoot. I don’t think there is any benefit to wearing a mask now. Although infections occur, I haven’t read anything about Ping Ponging the same infection back and forth in a household. Be comfortable, take care of yourself, and feel better soon. Better yet, order that boy you live with to take care of you! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't feel bad at all. Maybe like I have a bit of a cold? It really can't be described as even that. Some good things though. I'm not afraid of it any more. Not confined to a space. Able to go mask free. And I have to say, I'm happy to finally close the windows because the temps have dropped below 10 degrees and freezing was starting to get old.

Been doing some simple festive crafts, otherwise hanging out and coviding around. :)

Thanks for checking on us and for your coaching, RI! In spite of the length of this thread, I really needed some coaching.
You are very welcome. Despite everything I know about my personal risks from COVID (Odds are very good that my symptoms would be mild and I would be just fine), just seeing that positive test result would make me feel like I’d just spun the cylinder in a game of Russian Roulette. The number of chambers in the cylinder would not be much of a comfort. And I don’t have a spouse with compromised immunity. I’m happy to have been able to provide a little comfort and a little coaching (even though I know that you know what to do). It’s one of the coolest things about being a human - helping a fellow human when life gets bumpy or scary. And, knowing you, I’m guessing you’ll return the favor when it’s my turn.

Feel better soon. Anytime you want to talk, you know where to find me. :D
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:21 am
Jersey Girl wrote:

You are very welcome. Despite everything I know about my personal risks from COVID (Odds are very good that my symptoms would be mild and I would be just fine), just seeing that positive test result would make me feel like I’d just spun the cylinder in a game of Russian Roulette. The number of chambers in the cylinder would not be much of a comfort. And I don’t have a spouse with compromised immunity. I’m happy to have been able to provide a little comfort and a little coaching (even though I know that you know what to do). It’s one of the coolest things about being a human - helping a fellow human when life gets bumpy or scary. And, knowing you, I’m guessing you’ll return the favor when it’s my turn.

Feel better soon. Anytime you want to talk, you know where to find me. :D
Although the test was supposed to sit for 15 minutes, the results came up in less than 5 minutes! :shock: And yes of course, I would return the favor!

Slava Ukraini!
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:41 pm
***In the distance the unmistakable sound of a braying jackass could be heard ***
I assume you meant this braying jackass:
ajax18 wrote:If we'd just been more like China in our lockdown policies, there would be zero COVID. This is all Trump's fault.
It's disheartening that a presumed medical professional could be so clueless!
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Jersey Girl wrote:

I'm thankful and relieved that your recent experience with COVID was as mild as mine was (so far, at least). I hope it stays that way and that and that both of you completely recover soon.

ETA: I hope JB realizes how lucky he is to have you! :)
Last edited by Gunnar on Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Gunnar wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:29 am
Jersey Girl wrote:

I'm thankful and relieved that your recent experience with COVID was as mild as mine was (so far, at least). I hope it stays that way and that and that both of you completely recover soon.
Do you have any idea how many nights I have checked a board before I went to sleep to see if you were there? Twenty three years with only one period of absence, Gunnar. :)

I'm very thankful that I managed to dodge Covid long enough to get this variant and a very mild case. Incredibly, I don't feel like I am sick at all so the booster is definitely doing it's work. Thanking my God for the smart scientists who made these vaccines and boosters, and for the first candidates who had the courage to participate in the trials. I don't think I would have been brave enough to do that myself.

We're both doing really well and looking forward to negative tests! I hope it's not too much longer! Until I am free, I shall bore you all with my nonsense!

G'night!

Slava Ukraini!
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:20 am
Do you have any idea how many nights I have checked a board before I went to sleep to see if you were there? Twenty three years with only one period of absence, Gunnar. :)

I'm very thankful that I managed to dodge Covid long enough to get this variant and a very mild case. Incredibly, I don't feel like I am sick at all so the booster is definitely doing it's work. Thanking my God for the smart scientists who made these vaccines and boosters, and for the first candidates who had the courage to participate in the trials. I don't think I would have been brave enough to do that myself.

We're both doing really well and looking forward to negative tests! I hope it's not too much longer! Until I am free, I shall bore you all with my nonsense!

G'night!
I similarly check the board frequently to see if you are there, along with a few of my other favorites. I repeat what I added to my last post. I hope JB realizes how lucky he is to have you! :)

Good night (or should I say good morning?) I ought to go to bed now!
Last edited by Gunnar on Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

I don't believe that such an abuse of civil rights should be the prerogative of an unelected bureaucrat based on one single factor. Sure, a few more old people might have died 1 year sooner. How was that worth what has happened to kids educations or the current state of the world economy.

Do you remember your thread about how Vietnam was able to achieve little to no COVID? Australia and New Zealand had it all right, didn't they? China is still welding people into their apartments as a part of their zero COVID policy. Do you still agree with that policy since it saves more lives? I guess if the government brings them food for their families, they don't have any right to complain about being stripped of their right to go to work and earn a living, do they? It's a good thing they kept those little kids with COVID banned from the Emergency Room in the hospital. Sure, they died, but there's a 0.04% chance they could have infected someone else with COVID. Are you about ready to shut the schools down again seeing we're going to see an increase in cases of COVID this winter? Online school has really helped their test scores out.
Last edited by ajax18 on Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:41 pm
Do you remember your thread about how Vietnam was able to achieve little to no COVID? China is still welding people into their apartments as a part of their zero COVID policy. Do you still agree with that policy since it saves more lives? I guess if the government brings them food for their families, they don't have any right to complain, do they?
More braying! :roll: Good night!