Pandemic: Life on the ground

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Pandemic: Life on the ground

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:52 pm
I got shot number 4 on Saturday morning. I switched things up and got a Pfizer booster after three Modernas. Saturday I had the usual stiff arm and a mild headache. Played board games for about 7 hours and, other than the headache, felt fine. Sunday, more headache and stomach upset. Yesterday about noon I was hit by a train and slept the rest of the day. Today I'm feeling fine. I'd never had a shot that knocked my out quite like yesterday. Maybe mixing Bill Gates microchips and Jeff Bezos microchips wasn't a good idea... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yikes! That's what Pfizer did to me on the 3rd shot but thankfully only the fatigue. I guess this is what happens when you Prime your immune system. So be it!
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

After initially taking Pfizer, I decided to take my second booster with Moderna. I heard that mixing the 2 gives you more of a 'full spectrum' of protection, as Pfizer and Moderna both have their strengths and weaknesses. I actually felt a little fatigued for a day after, and the injection site was surprisingly sore. Other than than fatigue and soreness? Nothing. Back to normal after 2 days.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Ed Yong’s latest piece in the Atlantic. https://www.theatlantic.com/health/arch ... ef/629537/ It’s not about the virus, but about the grief of those who have lost loved ones.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:47 pm
After initially taking Pfizer, I decided to take my second booster with Moderna. I heard that mixing the 2 gives you more of a 'full spectrum' of protection, as Pfizer and Moderna both have their strengths and weaknesses. I actually felt a little fatigued for a day after, and the injection site was surprisingly sore. Other than than fatigue and soreness? Nothing. Back to normal after 2 days.
Oh, you mixed vaccines, too? Maybe next time I'll give that a go if they don't come out with a new vaccine.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Here’s a helpful thread about navigating the system to get treatment if needed.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1514 ... 73775.html
he/him

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:45 pm
Please do not non-link and run.

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:04 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:45 pm
Please do not non-link and run.
Good point. Link added.
he/him

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

So...airline travel so far. United Airlines has sent emails the second one being to pre order snack food and beverage selections. This is new to me. Apparently this is to make for a fully contactless experience, a phrase that is now used throughout all their preflight emails. I have rarely flown United Airlines in the past having dumped them for overbooking their flights--which they still do--but they had the direct flight I wanted.

Masks required in the airport and in flight.
No proof of Covid vaccine required.

What I expected. I'm bringing my vax card anyway.

Also packing Covid tests. 8-)

Slava Ukraini!
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

States with the worst COVID death rates:

1. Mississippi
2. Arizona
3. Alabama
4. Tennessee
5. West Virginia
6. Arkansas
7. New Jersey
8. Louisiana
9. Michigan
10. Oklahoma
11. New Mexico
12. Georgia
13. New York
14. Indiana
15. Pennsylvania
16. South Carolina
17. Florida
18. Kentucky
19. Nevada
20. Rhode Island

States with the lowest COVID death rates:

1. Hawaii
2. Vermont
3. Utah
4. Alaska
5. Washington
6. Maine
7. Oregon
8. New Hampshire
9. Washington D.C.
10. Nebraska
11. North Carolina
12. Minnesota
13. California
14. Colorado
15. Virginia

https://www.worldometers.information/coronavirus/country/us/
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:48 am
So...airline travel so far. United Airlines has sent emails the second one being to pre order snack food and beverage selections. This is new to me. Apparently this is to make for a fully contactless experience, a phrase that is now used throughout all their preflight emails. I have rarely flown United Airlines in the past having dumped them for overbooking their flights--which they still do--but they had the direct flight I wanted.

Masks required in the airport and in flight.
No proof of Covid vaccine required.

What I expected. I'm bringing my vax card anyway.

Also packing Covid tests. 8-)
I have returned from my trip. Disregard most of the above rules from United Airlines. Masks were not required in the airports or on the plane. Contactless food experience was not required.

Briefly...I wore a mask in both airports and on the flights. Felt anxious going through TSA in DEN since it was my first time out-out. Got over it. I went maskless the entire time I was in Florida. I didn't eat anywhere inside a restaurant. We started to go into a restaurant and the wait was too long. When I got inside I felt uneasy about the crowd anyway (didn't have a mask with me) so blessing in disguise with regard to Covid. Most folks in the airports, in flight, and in the community were unmasked though I saw several who were in all three situations even outdoors. Most of my time was spent outdoors or in the outdoor air...screened area.

Not much else to say at the moment. I'm unfit for interaction while adjusting back to high altitude. Currently tearing up over the Zelensky, Austin, Blinken meeting. :cry:

It is what it is. I shall soon rise. 8-)

Slava Ukraini!