Pandemic: Life on the ground

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: Pandemic: Life on the ground

Post by Res Ipsa »

Sounds likely. https://www.axios.com/faa-unruly-passen ... 90dee.html

Who knew that COVID reverses evolution?
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:08 pm
Who knew that COVID reverses evolution?
Is this another swipe at conservative posters? How do we even know Atlanticmike contracted COVID?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

We just got out Moderna boosters this morning. Walk-in appts, which was awesome. I’ll update the board when I’m dead.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:55 pm
We just got out Moderna boosters this morning. Walk-in appts, which was awesome. I’ll update the board when I’m dead.

- Doc
Yes, please do! One of our friends got the 3rd Moderna and had side effects for 2 days. I'm very sure he's much older than you though so that may have a lot to do with it. I died for 4 days on the third shot of Pfizer but really, it was only fatigue. It was exactly like any time I return to altitude. Resurrected on the fourth day.

Try not to die!
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

- Doc
🤞
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

It's interesting that more people have died of COVID this year under Biden than died under Trump. Were the low number of deaths during the Trump administration due to the fantastic leadership of Andrew Cuomo?

But just out of curiosity now that we're a ways into this, what percentage of working age people have been permanently disabled due to COVID? What percentage of people have never been infected with COVID? How successful have countries with hard lockdown policies like Australia and New Zealand been at eradicating and eliminating exposure to COVID? Do they still claim that zero Covid is an attainable goal? And lastly, how much has the number of lives saved in the year 2020 cost future taxpayers in the centuries to come, given that the baby boomers certainly won't be paying for it?
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:26 pm
It's interesting that more people have died of COVID this year under Biden than died under Trump. Were the low number of deaths during the Trump administration due to the fantastic leadership of Andrew Cuomo?

But just out of curiosity now that we're a ways into this, what percentage of working age people have been permanently disabled due to COVID? What percentage of people have never been infected with COVID? How successful have countries with hard lockdown policies like Australia and New Zealand been at eradicating and eliminating exposure to COVID? Do they still claim that zero Covid is an attainable goal? And lastly, how much has the number of lives saved in the year 2020 cost future taxpayers in the centuries to come, given that the baby boomers certainly won't be paying for it?
Wow. Maybe the fact that at the beginning of Trump’s last year there were no COVID deaths per day in the US, while Biden inherited a full blown Pandemic with a crapload of deaths per day has something to do with death totals. Or that certain governors worked very hard to make sure that their constituents were infected after Biden took office had something to do with the death totals. Weak, sir.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Wow. Maybe the fact that at the beginning of Trump’s last year there were no COVID deaths per day in the US, while Biden inherited a full blown Pandemic with a crapload of deaths per day has something to do with death totals. Or that certain governors worked very hard to make sure that their constituents were infected after Biden took office had something to do with the death totals. Weak, sir.
Res Ipsa I respect you. But I still see liberals coming in saying, "Sorry I couldn't make it last year Doc Ajax but I didn't go anywhere for the last 18 months due to Covid. Now I'm starting to realize that was an overreaction." And I'm thinking to myself maybe you should let this be a lesson to you not to trust the fear mongering economy killing partisan pooitical propaganda of the mainstream media. I hope we never see such an encroachment on our right to work and earn a living again. The diastrous global policies of the last 18 months have unnecessarly and frivolously destroyed generations of toil and careful savings.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:32 pm
I love how Ajax would rather have a president who advocated malaria medicine and injecting Clorox bleach in people because, you know, that would have been more effective.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:48 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

- Doc
Yes, please do! One of our friends got the 3rd Moderna and had side effects for 2 days. I'm very sure he's much older than you though so that may have a lot to do with it. I died for 4 days on the third shot of Pfizer but really, it was only fatigue. It was exactly like any time I return to altitude. Resurrected on the fourth day.

Try not to die!
We just had our Moderna boosters this last week. My arm was sore for a couple days, but that was it. My wife, on the other hand, was sick for a day.

This is in contrast to how the first two shots laid me out, whereas my wife only had mild symptoms after the first one. It's so weird how people react differently to the shot series.

One thing we do know: with the literal millions of shots that have been administered compared to the rare instances of serious side effects, we should all understand the vaccines can be regarded as safe.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.